ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

over stayer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

m000n

over stayer

Post by m000n » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:31 am

hi
i came in this uk 6 year before.and i m illegal.i have norecord in thsi country even the visa on my pasport was fake.now since last 2 year i m living with my partner and she is british citizen.is it posible to apply for the legal status here in uk with out going back.can we apply civil partner ship in uk or i nead to go back and apply from there?i have one more marraige regestration in uk in 2002.but i never submit case in court.is it will affect on my this case?
please any body reply
thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: over stayer

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:11 am

m000n wrote:hi
i came in this uk 6 year before.and i m illegal.i have norecord in thsi country even the visa on my pasport was fake.now since last 2 year i m living with my partner and she is british citizen.is it posible to apply for the legal status here in uk with out going back.can we apply civil partner ship in uk or i nead to go back and apply from there?i have one more marraige regestration in uk in 2002.but i never submit case in court.is it will affect on my this case?
please any body reply
thanks
I'm sure it's next to impossible without going home to apply.

The fake docs might make it next to impossible at all if the authorities find out.

What do you mean about 'marriage registration' and 'civil partnership'?

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:51 am

If you have lived with your partner in relationship akin to marriage you could qualify to come to the UK as an unmarried partner. Or you can get married and then return as a spouse. You have to have several pieces of evidence that you lived together at the same address and that you intend to continue living together.

It is not possible to obtain a legal status for you without leaving the country. I suggest you plan towards it, however, the downside of it that it may take several months to process your application so you may be separated for anything up to 6-9 months. However, if you are in genuine relationship and provide full and correct documentation in support of your application there is no reason why you should be refused.

Good luck!

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:55 am

m000n wrote: have one more marraige regestration in uk in 2002.
Does this mean that you are still legally married? If so, you have to get divorced before you can even consider any of the above options.
Jabi

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:04 am

Docterror wrote:
m000n wrote: have one more marraige regestration in uk in 2002.
Does this mean that you are still legally married? If so, you have to get divorced before you can even consider any of the above options.
If he has been married to a British citizen/settled person and lived with her since 2002, there is actually an option for him to obtain a status without leaving the country. He will have to clarify this.

m000n

Post by m000n » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:03 pm

yes i think its regesterd.i understand now thanks you very much all.very help ful.
regards

m000n

Post by m000n » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:06 pm

ok if i say my pasport and visa was fake the date i came in uk and in this country i have no record.then will the ex marriage will afect?even i dint give any copy of my pasport and any id at the time of civil regestration.just i told them my name and my father name.