ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I not waist my time applying or should I apply?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Isba
Newly Registered

Should I not waist my time applying or should I apply?

Post by Isba » Sun May 26, 2013 7:29 pm

The person I was marriage to few years ago was much older than me and almost my parent age, I got divored and remarried again few years now....would this been judge, especially because of the age gap and consider me to be someone of bad character.. Should I apply for naturalisation or not?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:14 pm

The UKBA is not interested in your personal preferences and will not judge you on this except where deception or false representation has been used to acquire British citizenship amongst other criteria.

teawithlemon

Re: Should I not waist my time applying or should I apply?

Post by teawithlemon » Sun May 26, 2013 8:18 pm

Isba wrote:The person I was marriage to few years ago was much older than me and almost my parent age, I got divored and remarried again few years now....would this been judge, especially because of the age gap and consider me to be someone of bad character.. Should I apply for naturalisation or not?
There are two scheme. Naturalisation through spouse of British citizen where residency requriments is 3 years+ you are holding valid ILR and standard requirements is 5 years residency+ last 1 year ILR status. As you remarried it means your first marriage is over legally. So ofcourse you can apply under AN6(1) which is 5 years residency+ last 1 year ILR and if your new spouse is British citizen then you need only last 3 years residency proved with all other general requrirements. A divorce doesnt mean anything about good or bad character. So you have 100 percent chance of success if you fullfill other requirements. Hope that answer the question.

Isba
Newly Registered

Post by Isba » Sun May 26, 2013 9:30 pm

Thank you, was just me thinking too much but yours answers have help a lot.