ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalization after permanent residency

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elthamman

naturalization after permanent residency

Post by elthamman » Sun May 26, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi everybody, I'm an eea national , i gained automatically permanent residency in december 2012, applied for pr card in february ( i know i didnt have to) , the issue date on it is 18.05 , i wanna apply for naturalization this december, this is what i 've found - You have two options:

1. Apply after 6 years in the UK. This includes 5 years of exercising treaty rights + 1 year with PR. You will need to provide proof of the 5 years (similar to what is needed in EEA3/EEA4 application). Form AN has a specific section (Q2.4-2.6) for such application.
2. Apply 1 year after the issue date of the PR Confirmation (EEA3/EEA4). In this case, there is no need to prove treaty rights again and normally just your passport (and Life in the UK test) is required.

If you hold a PR Confirmation for less than 1 year but have lived in the UK for 6 years, you can apply using option (1). The PR confirmation can only be used if you apply 1 year after the issue date.

my question is - do i still have to put the date when my pr card was issued in section 1 ?? but not send it to ukba or leave it blank? coz in december my pr card will be only 6 months old and i dont wanna wait till may

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun May 26, 2013 11:55 pm

I would just leave that field blank in the application.

You can attach your PR card and add a note on page 13 explaining when you applied for it and when it was issued and also state that you are providing evidence to prove you had PR status before the card was issued. You will of course also need to provide evidence to support your 5 years (because the PR Card is not enough) but the fact that you had PR Card issued, might "help" the caseworker to accept your treaty rights documents when he examines them.

robakles
Newly Registered

Post by robakles » Mon May 27, 2013 8:36 am

thanks a lot Jumbo , i thought it might be good to mention i was issued with a pr card even though it's only 6 months old, i'll do excactly what you said then, cheers