ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I NEED ADVICE FOR EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iboubenas

I NEED ADVICE FOR EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Iboubenas » Sun May 26, 2013 7:05 pm

HELLO,

I'm a student here in Cyprus and my Wife and kids ( EU Nationals) are living in UK.
but my Resident Permit is almost finished here (Cyprus).
and i was wondering if i will be able to apply for the EEA Family Permit while my Resident is finished or i will need to go back home (Africa) and apply from there???

Thanks in Advance ( Obie, Jumbo, Vinny......)

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sun May 26, 2013 9:49 pm

how long before your residence card will expire? For processing family permit you will need about 3-4 weeks, if you still have over a month time you could apply in Cyprus I believe if successful it will save you money and time.

Iboubenas

Post by Iboubenas » Sun May 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Pablito wrote:how long before your residence card will expire? For processing family permit you will need about 3-4 weeks, if you still have over a month time you could apply in Cyprus I believe if successful it will save you money and time.

Thanks for your answer. i got only a month left.
by the way i was reading on UK Border Agency Website and i saw this:

EUN2.2 Where can an EEA family permit be issued?
EEA family permits may be obtained from any diplomatic mission overseas. It is not necessary for an applicant to be lawfully or normally resident in the country to apply.

EUN2.5 What did the ECJ judgment on Metock say in relation to issuing EEA family permits?

The ECJ judgment on Metock in July 2008 prohibited Member States from having a general requirement for non EEA spouses of EEA nationals to be lawfully resident in another EEA member state before they can benefit from a right to reside under the EU Free Movement of Persons Directive. Therefore, we can no longer apply the lawful residence requirement (which was based on the case of Akrich) or our own domestic legislation (the Immigration Rules) to family members seeking first admission to the EEA from outside the EEA.

so i don't know if they will follow these rules or no...

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: I NEED ADVICE FOR EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Iboubenas wrote:HELLO,

I'm a student here in Cyprus and my Wife and kids ( EU Nationals) are living in UK.
and i was wondering if i will be able to apply for the EEA Family Permit while my Resident is finished or i will need to go back home (Africa) and apply from there???

It would be helpful if you could state your wife's nationality and what she is doing in the UK.

Iboubenas

Post by Iboubenas » Sun May 26, 2013 10:35 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Iboubenas wrote:HELLO,

It would be helpful if you could state your wife's nationality and what she is doing in the UK.

Hello EUsmileWEallsmile

my wife is from Poland and she is working in there (UK). she gave birth recently of Twins ( 2 boys), so she is in Maternity Leave now but still with Job Contract.
Thanks in Advance

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 26, 2013 10:49 pm

A Polish worker is entitled to have their family member join them.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sun May 26, 2013 11:09 pm

You have a right to join your wife in UK, but no one here could assure you that your application will be successful. You just need to apply and see what happens, if you are refused you have appeal rights or you can reapply.

I would suggest you act quick if you have only 1 month..

Iboubenas

Post by Iboubenas » Sun May 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Pablito wrote:You have a right to join your wife in UK, but no one here could assure you that your application will be successful. You just need to apply and see what happens, if you are refused you have appeal rights or you can reapply.

I would suggest you act quick if you have only 1 month..

Thanks mate
stay Blessed..

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon May 27, 2013 10:52 am

Have you indeed married?

my understanding was you are an unmarried partner. However if you have been married since my previous understanding, then you should be able to secure an EEA family permit.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Iboubenas

Post by Iboubenas » Mon May 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Obie wrote:Have you indeed married?

my understanding was you are an unmarried partner. However if you have been married since my previous understanding, then you should be able to secure an EEA family permit.

Hello Obie
you are right when i just joined the forum i was not married, but now i'm married.
so my question was if i will be able to apply for the EEA family Permit while my Resident Permit is Finished here (Cyprus EU)?

Because i saw on the Uk Border website that they stated that the Applicant for the EEA Family Permit doesnt necessary need to be lawfully in the country where he is applying....

thx

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Mon May 27, 2013 1:29 pm

You can apply. I use to live in Cyprus and many people i know, applied for EEAFP without even having RP in there hands, with expired RP or with little pink slip from migration that they applied for yellow slip in Cyprus.
UK embassy in Nicosia is very fast, in 3-4 days you will have you're visa.

Iboubenas

Post by Iboubenas » Mon May 27, 2013 2:01 pm

Aine002 wrote:You can apply. I use to live in Cyprus and many people i know, applied for EEAFP without even having RP in there hands, with expired RP or with little pink slip from migration that they applied for yellow slip in Cyprus.

Hello Aine002

thanks a lot for your clarification... i was thinking abt that, applying for the Yellow Slip and then take the little receipt ( pink Slip) and then apply for the EEA FP.

thanks again... Stay blessed

fernandojose
Newly Registered

Post by fernandojose » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:17 am

Aine002 wrote:You can apply. I use to live in Cyprus and many people i know, applied for EEAFP without even having RP in there hands, with expired RP or with little pink slip from migration that they applied for yellow slip in Cyprus.
Hi Aine002

Got a Schengen visa here in Spain but already expired. Can I also apply EEA family permit? We have a proof that we have been living together a kin to marriage.

fernandojose
Newly Registered

Post by fernandojose » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:21 am

Iboubenas wrote:

Hello Aine002

thanks a lot for your clarification... i was thinking abt that, applying for the Yellow Slip and then take the little receipt ( pink Slip) and then apply for the EEA FP.

Hi Iboubenas,

Got the same situation with you. My visa here in Spain already expired. I want also to apply EEAFP. Please let us know if it is successful. And hopefully itvwill be approved. Godbless

thanks again... Stay blessed

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:50 am

Hi there!
I doubt that you can apply for EEA FP with expired visa.

Iboubenas

Post by Iboubenas » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:03 pm

Aine002 wrote:Hi there!

EEA family permits may be obtained from any diplomatic mission overseas. It is not necessary for an applicant to be lawfully or normally resident in the country to apply.

i got it from UK Border website....

fernandojose
Newly Registered

Post by fernandojose » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:46 am

Iboubenas wrote:

Yes, me as well I have read the UKBA site that any previous immigration history will not affect any application because the EEA family permit is not under UK immigration rule. Its about under EU law.

swordfish
Bangladesh

Post by swordfish » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:14 am

fernandojose wrote:
Iboubenas wrote:

Yes, me as well I have read the UKBA site that any previous immigration history will not affect any application because the EEA family permit is not under UK immigration rule. Its about under EU law.
i get EEA FP last week. i was deported from Cyprus. so i guess in practice its really doesnt matter previous immigration history as long as relation is genuine.

fernandojose
Newly Registered

Post by fernandojose » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:30 pm

swordfish wrote:
fernandojose wrote:
Iboubenas wrote:

i get EEA FP last week. i was deported from Cyprus. so i guess in practice its really doesnt matter previous immigration history as long as relation is genuine.
Where did u apply your EEA family permit? Why are you deported to Cyprus then if u got already EEA FP?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:20 am

Iboubenas wrote:HI EVERYONE

I joined my wife (worker) to the Uk last friday with the EEA family permit. so i would like to know which documents will i need to apply for the EEA2 ?
and do i have to pay for the application ?

thanks in advance
askmeplz82 wrote:
Iboubenas wrote:HI EVERYONE

I joined my wife (worker) to the Uk last friday with the EEA family permit. so i would like to know which documents will i need to apply for the EEA2 ?
and do i have to pay for the application ?

thanks in advance

Welcome to the UK,

her Payslip, her contract letter from the work place, proof of address for both of you, Passport your and wife, £55 fees for the application
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Iboubenas wrote:or i will need to go back home (Africa) and apply from there???
Never ever is this required, and I would strongly discourage you from leaving the UK to make an application.

Iboubenas

info

Post by Iboubenas » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:44 pm

HELLO EVERYONE,

i would like to apply for the EEA2, but i saw that many people applied with their partener at the same time, i mean EEA1 AND EEA2.
So i would like to know if i could apply alone without my wife applying for the EEA1?
WHICH OPTION IS THE BEST : APPLYING ALONE (EEA2 only) OR TOGETHER(EEA1 AND EEA2)
THANKS IN ADVANCE

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: info

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Iboubenas wrote:HELLO EVERYONE,

i would like to apply for the EEA2, but i saw that many people applied with their partener at the same time, i mean EEA1 AND EEA2.
So i would like to know if i could apply alone without my wife applying for the EEA1?
WHICH OPTION IS THE BEST : APPLYING ALONE (EEA2 only) OR TOGETHER(EEA1 AND EEA2)
THANKS IN ADVANCE
It's the same ; will not make difference to EU national if they don't apply . it's cost £55 so both can apply if you wish
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Iboubenas

Post by Iboubenas » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:13 pm

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask a few questions about my application for the EEA2.
I'm planning to apply for the EEA2 but I got only 2 months for my passport to expired. I went to my embassy, but they couldn't renew here in the UK, I will need to go to Paris that I can't right now.

so my question is: is possible to apply for the EEA2 with 2 months left in my passport.

Thanks in advance.