ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed and want to marry a student in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nathan2321
Newly Registered

Self employed and want to marry a student in UK

Post by Nathan2321 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:50 am

Hi wonder is someone can advice and share some thoughts please.

I have my ILR and have started a business as a self employed sole trader. My girl friend who I intend to marry been here on student Visa for less than 6 months.

My understanding if from Personal finance requirement for spouse visa conversion is 18.4K. Does this means total income from from self-employment before deduction of expenses??? My income is 19K but after expenses taxable income is 2K. Is this sufficient for me to go ahead with the application???

I been living in a rented flats so that is ok from accommodation point of view I guess. Anything else that I need to look at??

What are my chances??? to switch her student visa to spouse visa please

Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Self employed and want to marry a student in UK

Post by Amber » Mon May 27, 2013 7:19 am

Nathan2321 wrote:Hi wonder is someone can advice and share some thoughts please.

I have my ILR and have started a business as a self employed sole trader. My girl friend who I intend to marry been here on student Visa for less than 6 months.

My understanding if from Personal finance requirement for spouse visa conversion is 18.4K. Does this means total income from from self-employment before deduction of expenses??? My income is 19K but after expenses taxable income is 2K. Is this sufficient for me to go ahead with the application???

I been living in a rented flats so that is ok from accommodation point of view I guess. Anything else that I need to look at??

Thank you
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ary#page43 at page 44 - income is, your share of the gross taxable profits.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:58 pm

What I will like you to consider is proving of "Subsisting Relationship" to get the visa, because in your post, you said your wife is on student visa for six months. Have you started the relationship before coming to U.K.? and if not, have you got loads of evidences to prove that you been together for the six months? and if you even got them, ECO might think six months is too short period for you to decide to get married, saying this, I wish you best of luck.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: Self employed and want to marry a student in UK

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:24 pm

Nathan2321 wrote:Hi wonder is someone can advice and share some thoughts please.

Thank you
The requirement is 18.6 k (£18600) not 18.4 K

So, £ 18600 before tax, not £18600 before expenses.

Example
You are a market trader and your yearly sale last year was £80,000 pounds. You bought the goods from wholesalers for £ 50, 000 pounds, you paid £ 15, 000 for rent, wages, and fuel expenses.
Now your profit before tax is £15, 000. ie You will now pay income tax and NI on £15, 000. You will not meet the financial requirement because your income before tax is £15, 000 which is less than £ 18600.

Homer simpson is a window cleaner. His yearly sales were £ 28, 000. He spent £9000 on buying soap, wages and fuel costs. Now his profit before tax is £ 19, 000. ie Homer will now pay income tax and NI on £ 19, 000. Homer Simpson will meet the financial requirement as £ 19, 000 is more than £ 18, 600.

Marge Simpson will get spouse visa :)