ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat May 25, 2013 7:03 pm

@Dochtúir, would you stop saying Garda Vetting Office and start saying the INIS or Citizenship Division!.

You are confusing people with your so called vetting office which you always mistook with citizenship division.

FYI, Dochtúir had confirmed that its an error, but for some reasons keep repeating it!
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

viking

Post by viking » Sat May 25, 2013 8:00 pm

exam wrote:Dear All:

My friend applied in Sept 2011, today he got the following response via email, how you guys interpret it:

"Dear Zxxxx,

You should receive a letter soon in regard to the status of your
application.

Kind regards."

Previously he was getting the reply like, Garda /out side reports etc etc. I think its about advance stage or about approval, what do u guys reckon!

Many thanks
Hi All,

My wife has also received a reply email from INIS yesterday as above; hoping that we will hear a 'positive' news soon :!:

viking

Post by viking » Sun May 26, 2013 10:28 am

exam wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:

My friend applied in Sept 2011, today he got the following response via email, how you guys interpret it:

"Dear Zxxxx,

application.

Kind regards."

Previously he was getting the reply like, Garda /out side reports etc etc. I think its about advance stage or about approval, what do u guys reckon!

Many thanks
I cant day if its an approval letter, but I reckon its a decision letter!. You friend will get a letter of intent or otherwise soon
Just got a call from my friend, he got a letter from inis, directing him to pay 950. Thanks IntegratedMigrant
Hi exam,

Just wondering did your friend receive the above e-mail & Approval letter on the same day, could you pls.clarify it?

Thanks in advance..

filish11

Letter of Approval Documents query

Post by filish11 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:41 pm

I received letter of Approval last Friday. Wohooo and thanks to God. My question is they asked were €950, passport photos, GNIB card and original travel doc if applicable and not submit own national passport. Just wondering, i have passport but i dont know what travel doc is and I dont think I have. Does it means that i only need to submit fee, passports and GNIB card and not my passport? Thanks

anusuri
Newly Registered

Re: Letter of Approval Documents query

Post by anusuri » Sun May 26, 2013 7:29 pm

filish11 wrote:I received letter of Approval last Friday. Wohooo and thanks to God. My question is they asked were €950, passport photos, GNIB card and original travel doc if applicable and not submit own national passport. Just wondering, i have passport but i dont know what travel doc is and I dont think I have. Does it means that i only need to submit fee, passports and GNIB card and not my passport? Thanks

Yes you just need to submit the €950, photos and Gnib card along with the copy of the approval letter. You need to write the reference no on back of the photos you are sending.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun May 26, 2013 8:17 pm

filish11 wrote:I received letter of Approval last Friday. Wohooo and thanks to God. My question is they asked were €950, passport photos, GNIB card and original travel doc if applicable and not submit own national passport. Just wondering, i have passport but i dont know what travel doc is and I dont think I have. Does it means that i only need to submit fee, passports and GNIB card and not my passport? Thanks
I dont think that travel document applies to you. It only for asylm seekers that has been granted status in Ireland. If you're not of that category then you dont need to worry about it hence original travel doc if applicable

filish11

Post by filish11 » Sun May 26, 2013 10:44 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
I dont think that travel document applies to you. It only for asylm seekers that has been granted status in Ireland. If you're not of that category then you dont need to worry about it hence original travel doc if applicable
Thank you so much for you and anusuri's reply. I will submit the documents tomorrow. Just wondering how long will it take to receive invitation after I send the documents?

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Sun May 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Is it true next ceremony date is 4th of July?

filish11

Post by filish11 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:31 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Hi I also forgot to ask, does travel document means visa? I actually have Irish visa but it is on my passport. I am married to an Irish citizen. I wonder, does it mean that I still need to send my passport to provide travel document which is my visa? So sorry to ask, just wanted to make sure the right documents before I send my documents.

Also, do I have to registered post the documents/fee or is it freepost?

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Sun May 26, 2013 11:56 pm

guys those who are waiting for garda reports please call on 050427300 or 050427327

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon May 27, 2013 12:45 am

filish11 wrote:Just wondering how long will it take to receive invitation after I send the documents?
It could take up to 4 months

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon May 27, 2013 12:48 am

filish11 wrote: Hi I also forgot to ask, does travel document means visa? I actually have Irish visa but it is on my passport. I am married to an Irish citizen. I wonder, does it mean that I still need to send my passport to provide travel document which is my visa? So sorry to ask, just wanted to make sure the right documents before I send my documents.
Seems like I need to explain to you 100,000 times (over exaggerated) that travel documents does not apply to you and have informed you exactly what travel documents is for.

To start with a response, does marriage to an Irish citizen means you are an asylm seeker?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon May 27, 2013 12:52 am

filish11 wrote:Also, do I have to registered post the documents/fee or is it freepost?
Nothing is free, you should post it via registered not to lose your documents and fee.

filish11

Post by filish11 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:54 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
filish11 wrote: Hi I also forgot to ask, does travel document means visa? I actually have Irish visa but it is on my passport. I am married to an Irish citizen. I wonder, does it mean that I still need to send my passport to provide travel document which is my visa? So sorry to ask, just wanted to make sure the right documents before I send my documents.
Seems like I need to explain to you 100,000 times (over exaggerated) that travel documents does not apply to you and have informed you exactly what travel documents is for.

To start with a response, does marriage to an Irish citizen means you are an asylm seeker?
Haha, I don't think so :D Sorry, I'm just really paranoid and making sure everything I will send it correct. I really want to send the docs as soon as possible. I just asked again because I remember whenever I applied for embassies (for travel purposes) the travel document number that I always use is the visa number. Thanks a mil again for letting me know.

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:14 am

yester day i sent email to citizenshif to ask my application status (applied in may2011).today in morning i received reply

your application continues to be proscessed with a view to estabilishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation,such as good character and lawful residence and will be submitted ti the misiter for decision as expeditiously as possible.

anybody can explain me ...that my application is in which stage?

exam

Post by exam » Mon May 27, 2013 12:34 pm

viking wrote:
exam wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:

"Dear Zxxxx,

application.

Kind regards."

Many thanks
I cant day if its an approval letter, but I reckon its a decision letter!. You friend will get a letter of intent or otherwise soon
Just got a call from my friend, he got a letter from inis, directing him to pay 950. Thanks IntegratedMigrant
Hi exam,

Just wondering did your friend receive the above e-mail & Approval letter on the same day, could you pls.clarify it?

Thanks in advance..
Hi Viking:

Yes, my friend emailed inis in the morning from his office, received/found his letter at home when he returned back from office on the same day.

Hope your wife will receive it in coming few days.

All the best.

exam

Virgo
Ireland

Hi guys

Post by Virgo » Mon May 27, 2013 3:01 pm

I have one week left to expire my garda card and i have got my approval letter :) Thanks God :) can any one tell me its ok if i send my gard card with 6 days validity ? I am just curious now :-/? Can some one tell me here what to do ? Thanks

viking

Post by viking » Mon May 27, 2013 3:09 pm

exam wrote:
viking wrote:
exam wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote: I cant day if its an approval letter, but I reckon its a decision letter!. You friend will get a letter of intent or otherwise soon
Hi exam,

Thanks in advance..
Hi Viking:

Yes, my friend emailed inis in the morning from his office, received/found his letter at home when he returned back from office on the same day.

Hope your wife will receive it in coming few days.

All the best.

exam
Thank you very much mate, indeed.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Hi guys

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon May 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Virgo wrote:I have one week left to expire my garda card and i have got my approval letter :) Thanks God :) can any one tell me its ok if i send my gard card with 6 days validity ? I am just curious now :-/? Can some one tell me here what to do ? Thanks
Yes you can because your GNIB card is still valid.

immigrant411

Post by immigrant411 » Mon May 27, 2013 5:14 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:@Dochtúir, would you stop saying Garda Vetting Office and start saying the INIS or Citizenship Division!.

You are confusing people with your so called vetting office which you always mistook with citizenship division.

FYI, Dochtúir had confirmed that its an error, but for some reasons keep repeating it!
Hi IntegratedMigrant: for people who applied more than 18 months ago and still waiting this Grada report. Is it realy a good idea to call garda vetting office ?? has anyone tried it before?? Or better ask INIS to send Garad a reminder???? frustrated by waiting for 18 months while others got approval in 6 months

exam

Re: Hi guys

Post by exam » Mon May 27, 2013 5:22 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Virgo wrote:I have one week left to expire my garda card and i have got my approval letter :) Thanks God :) can any one tell me its ok if i send my gard card with 6 days validity ? I am just curious now :-/? Can some one tell me here what to do ? Thanks
Yes you can because your GNIB card is still valid.
Hi IntegratedMigrant and Virgo:

My friend was in the same situation, he posted his GNIB card after discussing the issue with local Garda immigration officer as his visa was also expiring at same time as his GNIB card was. The officer told him to send the card and bring the approval letter to his (Garda) office, the Garda officer endorsed his passport with a 3 months stamp, so his stay in the state remains 100% legal.

So I am suggesting to every one that, keep your endorsements/visas upto date till you did not get your Irish passport, I don't know how correct I am.

Also getting an endorsement/stamp in passport doesn't cost anything. Its actually the Garda card that cost 300.

Regards

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon May 27, 2013 5:27 pm

immigrant411 wrote:Hi IntegratedMigrant: for people who applied more than 18 months ago and still waiting this Grada report. Is it realy a good idea to call garda vetting office ?? has anyone tried it before?? Or better ask INIS to send Garad a reminder???? frustrated by waiting for 18 months while others got approval in 6 months
Calling gardai vetting office which I dont think is advisable, any quries you have about your application should be directed to the citizenship division.

If you have had any offenses despite how big or smakll it is, then it is normal for your application to take much longer than others

moro1

Post by moro1 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:20 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
immigrant411 wrote:Hi IntegratedMigrant: for people who applied more than 18 months ago and still waiting this Grada report. Is it realy a good idea to call garda vetting office ?? has anyone tried it before?? Or better ask INIS to send Garad a reminder???? frustrated by waiting for 18 months while others got approval in 6 months
Calling gardai vetting office which I dont think is advisable, any quries you have about your application should be directed to the citizenship division.

If you have had any offenses despite how big or smakll it is, then it is normal for your application to take much longer than others
What about if you never committed an offence nor was convicted or accused of any, During the 10 years I was never in contact with the guards, never questioned never stepped a foot into a Garda station :(

immigrant411

Post by immigrant411 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:53 pm

moro1 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:

What about if you never committed an offence nor was convicted or accused of any, During the 10 years I was never in contact with the guards, never questioned never stepped a foot into a Garda station :(
Same with my wife case!!! no offense or anything like that, it seems something special with people who applied in this period !!!!

filish11

Post by filish11 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:42 pm

immigrant411 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:@Dochtúir, would you stop saying Garda Vetting Office and start saying the INIS or Citizenship Division!.

Hi IntegratedMigrant: for people who applied more than 18 months ago and still waiting this Grada report. Is it realy a good idea to call garda vetting office ?? has anyone tried it before?? Or better ask INIS to send Garad a reminder???? frustrated by waiting for 18 months while others got approval in 6 months
No one really knows when the Gardai report arrive. I think it's best to call INIS every month to ask or be patient to wait. I waited a year and 3 months since my application and only got 1 acknowledgement a week after my application back in Feb 2012.

Then I rang the citizenship last month and they told me that they are still waiting for the Gardai report. I didn't ask them when will the Gardai report arrive back then. Last Friday, I received the letter of approval asking for documents.

Good luck and hopefully you will receive the letter of approval.