ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring my family to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mat909in
Newly Registered

Sponsoring my family to UK

Post by mat909in » Mon May 27, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi,

I am planning to invite my mum, dad and brother for 2 to 3 weeks

I do earn more than 45K a year for which I can show the 6 months payslips and bank statement for the salary but the problem is I dont have any savings of few thousands left in the account

Will have to wait until I have saved about few thousands pounds and then invite or should it not be a problem?

Please guide me, thanks

Mat

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 29, 2013 4:49 pm

Yes wait till you get some savings in your account before inviting them over.

Earning £45k per annum and not been able to save at least something may raise some doubts as top how you are going to support your family members if and when they come here :wink:

mat909in
Newly Registered

Post by mat909in » Fri May 31, 2013 9:39 pm

Thanks for the reply.

How much should I show in the account, is there any cap? How long should I show the bank statement for

Mat

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:54 am

mat909in wrote:Thanks for the reply.

How much should I show in the account, is there any cap? How long should I show the bank statement for

Mat
I think some basic questions are clearly answered, like how long etc? here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sitors.pdf

A little effort is greatly appreciated before posting.
Regarding How much? As far as I know there is no specific amount that you need to show, but that amount needs to answer them that you can afford an extra person expenses who is coming. Hope this helps