ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

montana
- thin ice -

EEA FP

Post by montana » Fri May 24, 2013 3:32 am

I am Irish and currently settled in the United Kingdom for the last 5 years.
I am thinking of relocating back to Dublin.I wanted advice on applying for family permits for my non EEA family members who are currently in Africa.Is it easy to get a family permit if thy will be joining me to visit Ireland when i go house hunting or do they only get issued a visitors visa then apply for residence cards once there and secondly,is the Irish immigration service fair with EU movement or the also behave like UKBA??
Your advice will be highly appreciated
CHARLIE MONTANA

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: EEA FP

Post by ukforever » Fri May 24, 2013 2:23 pm

montana wrote:I am Irish and currently settled in the United Kingdom for the last 5 years.
I am thinking of relocating back to Dublin.I wanted advice on applying for family permits for my non EEA family members who are currently in Africa.Is it easy to get a family permit if thy will be joining me to visit Ireland when i go house hunting or do they only get issued a visitors visa then apply for residence cards once there and secondly,is the Irish immigration service fair with EU movement or the also behave like UKBA??
hi,u can still relocate after u get your husband to the uk first,what i'm trying to say is,u have been settled for the last 5 years in the uk,i guess you were exercising your treaty rights as an eea citizen,then u have the right to bring your husband to the uk,my advice to u would be,apply for family permit for your husband,then apply for his residence card,i'm confident that the whole process would take less then 6 month,now,if u do that,your husband would be getting his residence card in the uk and can then travel with u to ireland under the surrinder singh case and trust me,it will be more easy for you to get his papers sorted ,otherwise they will expect you in ireland to be applying under their immigration rules,which means they will ask for the same thing that they would ask here in the uk under immigration rules which is financial and accommodation requirements ,and lots of other requirements,so believe me,not worth it,the only way is to do as i explained,apply for the family permit,and u will be relocating back to ireland under eu laws and free movement and the surrinder singh case.

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/04 ... ional-law/
UK------++++-------****

montana
- thin ice -

Post by montana » Fri May 24, 2013 10:41 pm

ukforever wrote:
montana wrote:I am Irish and currently settled in the United Kingdom for the last 5 years.
hi,u can still relocate after u get your husband to the uk first,what i'm trying to say is,u have been settled for the last 5 years in the uk,i guess you were exercising your treaty rights as an eea citizen,then u have the right to bring your husband to the uk,my advice to u would be,apply for family permit for your husband,then apply for his residence card,i'm confident that the whole process would take less then 6 month,now,if u do that,your husband would be getting his residence card in the uk and can then travel with u to ireland under the surrinder singh case and trust me,it will be more easy for you to get his papers sorted ,otherwise they will expect you in ireland to be applying under their immigration rules,which means they will ask for the same thing that they would ask here in the uk under immigration rules which is financial and accommodation requirements ,and lots of other requirements,so believe me,not worth it,the only way is to do as i explained,apply for the family permit,and u will be relocating back to ireland under eu laws and free movement and the surrinder singh case.

UKfoever,i dont understand how you are deemed to be an outstanding member of this site if you cant understand that non eea family member doesnot only relate to husbands.Some of us have mums,aunties,sisters ,nannys,etc.
Please before dishing out advice ,please make sure you understand what the questio??
CHARLIE MONTANA

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Fri May 24, 2013 11:43 pm

montana wrote:
ukforever wrote:

UKfoever,i dont understand how you are deemed to be an outstanding member of this site if you cant understand that non eea family member doesnot only relate to husbands.Some of us have mums,aunties,sisters ,nannys,etc.
Please before dishing out advice ,please make sure you understand what the questio??
sorry my bad,but u don't need to be so rude about it..!!i thought u were talking about just the spouse,i missed the "s" at the end of members and thought when u said "they" u meant the,i was tired and wasn't concentrating and i made several posts on the forum before i did with yours ..!!! nevertheless ,u could just have point out the mistake i've done and i would apologized for it right away,but u need to know something u are not the only one here and i made a lots of comments and none of them reacted the way u did,i'm sorry i was tired it was late,i was sleepy,and i did not get what u were saying,now i can see after i read it again,thanks for letting me know.

U know u get free advice right ?..we are not payed for it and we do our best to help people,no need for u to react like u did,i thought i advised u accordingly and i did actually,because i thought u were talking about the spouse so the advise i gave u was right,if u did not rush to judge, officially i did a mistake and it's obvious,why would i mislead u by purpose,when if i was reading properly i would not miss it ..u could have just asked me nicely rather then acting like this and i would just say sorry and change my answer and would help you,not shoot first and ask questions later, u shouldn't,good luck and u might pay an immigration lawyer,because i don't see someone helping u with this attitude.

manners count a lot when u talk to strangers if u seek their help,be nice and don't be rude,its not going to serve any purpose..i apologized by the way if u did not notice and being rude wasn't nice and i did not like it,just wanted u to know this is my last advice to u.
UK------++++-------****

montana
- thin ice -

EEA FP

Post by montana » Sat May 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Hello Comrade,i dont want to be dragged into exchanging verbal filthy on this site and it would not help any of us at all.
Firstly,i want to say that wrote to you upon reading other posts where you made such mistakes aswell hence i thought you were just taking a piss out of everyone in dear need of advice .I rely on this site and its contributors such as Obie,EU etc who thoroughly do their best to correct and advice people hence i found it odd that such a mistake was really possible (i.e thought you a joker.
Secondly,you have apologized but kept saying manners cost nothing but its clear to me you were writing after a few glasses of Red wine so for that thought it just makes me question your moral credentials as a man ,you apologise and still the need to question manners etc.

All in all,thank you for the right advice you gave according to you but i think lets draw the line and move on as men.

Thank you i found your advice very helpful!!!
CHARLIE MONTANA

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sat May 25, 2013 5:53 pm

montana wrote:Hello Comrade,i dont want to be dragged into exchanging verbal filthy on this site and it would not help any of us at all.
Firstly,i want to say that wrote to you upon reading other posts where you made such mistakes aswell hence i thought you were just taking a piss out of everyone in dear need of advice .I rely on this site and its contributors such as Obie,EU etc who thoroughly do their best to correct and advice people hence i found it odd that such a mistake was really possible (i.e thought you a joker.
Secondly,you have apologized but kept saying manners cost nothing but its clear to me you were writing after a few glasses of Red wine so for that thought it just makes me question your moral credentials as a man ,you apologise and still the need to question manners etc.

All in all,thank you for the right advice you gave according to you but i think lets draw the line and move on as men.

Thank you i found your advice very helpful!!!
It doesn't change the fact that u were rude,and i don't understand why u are so worked up for..??!!!i'm not questioning my mistake,i did admit i made one but the way u were approaching this matter is the wrong way,and still u keep saying stuff that don't matter at all,i stand by what i said,that u are very rude and not quite the friendly type i'm afraid,there is no point arguing with u,as if u think i should act like men,do act like men and don't say stupid stuff like i was drinking red wine and stuff and that i don't know what i'm doing and i'm just taking a piss..!!!how is that..??i did just explained to u in my last message that i was tired and did not sleep and had sleep deprivation,i don't know if u understand the meaning of that,and i can see that english is not your first language,but i'll let u look for the answer by your self.. ;-),i don't drink by the way just to let u know,actually u don't know anything about me,so don't judge.
No one is perfect ok,i did make mistakes ,everybody does,doesn't prove that i did not help people here,i made more than 150 comments,they can't be all wrong and i'm sure there is the highly standing gurus and company who would correct me when i'm wrong and i would learn from them.
U don't seem to understand what's going on here and what u did when u were rude and with no manners at all.
just chill out,i was just asking u to be more friendly and don't shoot first and ask questions later,as i said it could have been avoided if u just told me that i misunderstood your post or that i made a dreadful mistake of all and i would just then said sorry and it would have been the end of it..but no,if u were educated enough we wouldn't be in this situation,would we??i have nothing personal against u but what i take personal is someone who is rude towards me.
As i said before,with this attitude,i will be surprised if anyone is willing to help u..loose the attitude and i'm sure plenty will come to help.
i said nothing wrong,but only to put u in your place...u seem not understanding what i'm saying or what i was saying,so,lets leave it to that.
this is the last message u are going to get from me,please don't bother to reply,because i don't care.
ps: don't need to thank me,i did nothing to help answer your topic,but u can be thankful for me teaching u manners.
UK------++++-------****

the hurricane

Post by the hurricane » Sat May 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Guys let’s just stop here because there is no point to start blaming each other, it was just a misunderstanding from both sides.

@ Montana: Could you be more specific about your family members because under derivative there is a distinction between direct and extended family in terms of their rights. What’s their citizenship?

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Mon May 27, 2013 9:53 pm

As far as I can recollect the application online lets you choose whether it's family reunification or just a visit. You could choose appropriate option to your status while in Ireland.

montana
- thin ice -

Post by montana » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:34 pm

I have edited this post by deleting its content.

I believe it is wholly inappropriate.

Moderator: Obie
CHARLIE MONTANA

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:54 am

Please guys, i will appreciate if respect and courtsey is showed for each other.

We will not tolerate people throwing insult at each other.

I implore the pair of you to refrain from this kind of behaviour immediately.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:27 am

Obie wrote:Please guys, i will appreciate if respect and courtsey is showed for each other.

We will not tolerate people throwing insult at each other.

I implore the pair of you to refrain from this kind of behaviour immediately.
sorry obie,i did not start the argument,u see me here in the forum minding my business,right,i make contribution when i can,i make mistakes and u guys correct it when u can,but i always admit when i make one and i apologize,no one is perfect..but i don't tolerate anyone,i'm saying anyone who behave the way the OP did,i'm sorry but,manners count in our lives and we are here to help free of charge,and i will never tolerate this kind of behavior...what did i do..made a mistake,so what big deal..??i apologized for it didn't i?? so why was he all worked up for..??if u try to help and make an error of judgement and u say sorry afterwards,then whats's the problem..?tell me obie,u never made mistakes?if u did,u just apologize and then done and dusted right..!!!so why this member reacted the way he did..was my error worth all this drama??

again as u can see above in his reply,as rude as he can be,but never mind ,i would be the bigger man here and teach him again manners,still..!!

the moderator should punish him for what he said,at the end of the day,i did not swear at him,i did not use bad language,and if there is some justice and fairness in this forum,this member should be punished.

just to respond to the OP ,i speak 4 languages including french,so please just admit u messed up big time and lets be civilized and act like men,and forget about the whole thing ever happened..what do u say..? peace..!!
UK------++++-------****

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:07 pm

I'm done arguing,anymore replies will be ignored from my part,i have better things to do than keep wasting my time here..

like the french say**j'ai d'autre chats a fouetter** or like the english say** to have other fish to fry**
UK------++++-------****