ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorce Certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knowledge_seeker

Divorce Certificate

Post by knowledge_seeker » Wed May 15, 2013 8:29 pm

I am wondering if anyone can help me please. I am on ILR. I am going to apply for my wife's settlement spouse visa end of this month. This is my 2nd marriage. The first marriage did not work out and got divorced in 2011. Do I need to submit any documents with the Visa Application in relation to divorce? If yes, then what documents do I need to submit and what endorsement they would require.

P.S: We are going to apply from Pakistan.

Kind Regards
Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu May 16, 2013 9:01 am

You need to submit your original decree absolute certificate or a legally certified copy. In which country did the divorce take place?

knowledge_seeker

Post by knowledge_seeker » Thu May 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Thanks for your reply Casa. It took place in Pakistan. At time of Divorce I was not present in Pakistan. Do you think it could be a problem?
Thanks

christine44

Post by christine44 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:06 pm

Didn't you have to give your original decree absoulute when you got married for the second time ?

I am in this situation and I see Casa said you need to provide your original decree absolute but they kept mine when I got married again in Albania !!!!!!

christine44

Post by christine44 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:30 pm

Please ignore my previous post - just found out it is possible to order another copy of the Decree Absolute for £5 - that's one panic over !!!