ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

File returned without processing payment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vidya

File returned without processing payment

Post by vidya » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:53 am

Hi

My file reached them last friday , i was waiting last 3 days for the payment to be debited

I just got the news that the file has reached back home by today's post ..i'll have to wait to get home to check if all my documents are safe or not ...

I think there must have been some problem in processing the payment ....and they have returned it ...im feeling really low and dejected right now , after all the effort of the last one year to get all docs ready

Markie

Re: File returned without processing payment

Post by Markie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:20 pm

perhaps a problem occured when they tried to process the payment...try to contact your bank or card company...perhaps the bank or card company thought teh charge was bogus...

As the HO says...no payment...no prelim evaluation

vidya wrote:Hi

My file reached them last friday , i was waiting last 3 days for the payment to be debited

I just got the news that the file has reached back home by today's post ..i'll have to wait to get home to check if all my documents are safe or not ...

I think there must have been some problem in processing the payment ....and they have returned it ...im feeling really low and dejected right now , after all the effort of the last one year to get all docs ready

vc

Post by vc » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:49 pm

At least your papers are safe.. dont worry apply again its only a matter of some time!

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:59 pm

just got home , the payment "transaction declined" ..so the file was declined ...wasted courier charges , but yes am just glad that my documents are safe

Can we take a demand draft through any bank in india in GBP and to whom should the draft be made payable

sorry for asking all basic doubts , am pretty flustered right now , i guess

saratbabu07

Hi

Post by saratbabu07 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:20 pm

Hi Vidya,

Suggest that you take a DD and send it along with the application at least this time you can be sure that the application won`t be rejected because of payment issues. Most of the banks (HSBC, HDFC, ICICI) have these facilities. But you should hold account with whichever back you are approaching for the DD.
If you still want to pay through the CC then call the card company and inform them that XXX rs will be debited from your card.

All the best !

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:04 pm

Am planning to take a demand draft and send the application again sarat , i want to use my citibank account this time to take the draft and not HDFC ...

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:22 pm

hi vidya...

just a small suggestion..even i paid by d.d.
i think bank will take lot of time..just go to thomas cook...they'll do everything for...infact i got it done frm them...
beleive me .... i really dont rely on credit cards...

all the best

aj_sp_007
________
BABIMAC
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:50 pm

hi vidya, no reason to get dejected - your documents are safe, that's the most important thing. just get a gbp check with a bank that has a presence in uk.

they'll hold you check for five business days for it to clear, then pass your application on to the hsmp team. you can also track the status of the check by calling the foreign exchange dept of the bank that issued the check.

check out the faq page on workingintheuk.gov.uk section as to who to make the check payable to (i forgot, since i did it few months back)

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:30 am

thank you all so much for your advice ...im going to make sure i get all this done and send my file again next week itself