ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

ILR Query

Post by pgaitonde » Tue May 28, 2013 6:32 am

I entered UK on aug 9 2008 (validity from 1 aug 2008 to 31 Jan 2009) on a work Permit for 6 months and then an extension was done on 1 feb 2009 for 3 years and then I got my tier 1 visa on 9 June 2010. Am I eligible for ILR in aug 2013? How many days prior can I apply for ILR? I will be applying via PEO at Croydon so kindly advise accordingly. Thanks.

syed_ILR

Re: ILR Query

Post by syed_ILR » Tue May 28, 2013 2:15 pm

pgaitonde wrote:I entered UK on aug 9 2008 (validity from 1 aug 2008 to 31 Jan 2009) on a work Permit for 6 months and then an extension was done on 1 feb 2009 for 3 years and then I got my tier 1 visa on 9 June 2010. Am I eligible for ILR in aug 2013? How many days prior can I apply for ILR? I will be applying via PEO at Croydon so kindly advise accordingly. Thanks.
You have to be in the UK for 4years 11 months and 2 days lawfully to be eligible for the ILR.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Tue May 28, 2013 2:20 pm

syed_ILR wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:I entered UK on aug 9 2008 (validity from 1 aug 2008 to 31 Jan 2009) on a work Permit for 6 months and then an extension was done on 1 feb 2009 for 3 years and then I got my tier 1 visa on 9 June 2010. Am I eligible for ILR in aug 2013? How many days prior can I apply for ILR? I will be applying via PEO at Croydon so kindly advise accordingly. Thanks.
You have to be in the UK for 4years 11 months and 2 days lawfully to be eligible for the ILR.
The reason for me to mention my visa status in detail as i wanted to know which date am I eligible to apply for ILR. Can someone please confirm?

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Tue May 28, 2013 3:25 pm

pgaitonde wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:

The reason for me to mention my visa status in detail as i wanted to know which date am I eligible to apply for ILR. Can someone please confirm?
My answer is according to ur visa!! Provided there were no gaps

dubeyv
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to remain

Post by dubeyv » Tue May 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Where does it say that some one has to remain in UK lawfully for 4 Yrs 11 months and 2 days.. Imagine if someone has come within 90 days of their visa grant date, they would never reach to that figure of 4 yrs 11 months and 2 days.. they would apply much much before that. Just hypothetical example.. Visa granted 1st august 2008, entered UK 5th September visa valid till say Sept 15th 2013.. they can apply 28 days before 1st august 2013.. so how it can become 4 years 11 months and 2 days ? Can you explain.. or my understanding is incorrect ?

Tier1toILR

Post by Tier1toILR » Tue May 28, 2013 4:52 pm

I kinda agree with dubeyv.

I've listed lot of success cases under following link who applied 28 days before Entry Clearance date and not Date of Entry which was greater than 30 days form entry clearance date.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Hope this helps.

syed_ILR

Re: Indefinite Leave to remain

Post by syed_ILR » Tue May 28, 2013 8:56 pm

dubeyv wrote:Where does it say that some one has to remain in UK lawfully for 4 Yrs 11 months and 2 days.. Imagine if someone has come within 90 days of their visa grant date, they would never reach to that figure of 4 yrs 11 months and 2 days.. they would apply much much before that. Just hypothetical example.. Visa granted 1st august 2008, entered UK 5th September visa valid till say Sept 15th 2013.. they can apply 28 days before 1st august 2013.. so how it can become 4 years 11 months and 2 days ? Can you explain.. or my understanding is incorrect ?
Omg!! I said 4years 11 months and 2 days so that its easy for you guys..as this question has been asked thousand of times on this website..but u guys keep asking the same S again and again!!!!

If you enter uk withing 90 days then you dont look at the entry date..you look at the date you were granted the visa. So you count your year from the that date.

So if you were granted visa on 1st of August 2008 and you entere on 5th of Oct 2008. You should be counting your years from Aug 2008. Count 4 years 11 months and 2 days from Aug 2008.
Got it??

if still a no then you shouldnt be on Tier 1 man (highly skilled)!!! looool :D

Note - I said provided if you don't have any gaps..entering the UK after 90 days of entry clearance is a gap. So in that scenario you have to take date of entry as you date to start counting the years.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:06 pm

syed_ILR wrote:
dubeyv wrote:Where does it say that some one has to remain in UK lawfully for 4 Yrs 11 months and 2 days.. Imagine if someone has come within 90 days of their visa grant date, they would never reach to that figure of 4 yrs 11 months and 2 days.. they would apply much much before that. Just hypothetical example.. Visa granted 1st august 2008, entered UK 5th September visa valid till say Sept 15th 2013.. they can apply 28 days before 1st august 2013.. so how it can become 4 years 11 months and 2 days ? Can you explain.. or my understanding is incorrect ?
Omg!! I said 4years 11 months and 2 days so that its easy for you guys..as this question has been asked thousand of times on this website..but u guys keep asking the same S again and again!!!!

If you enter uk withing 90 days then you dont look at the entry date..you look at the date you were granted the visa. So you count your year from the that date.

So if you were granted visa on 1st of August 2008 and you entere on 5th of Oct 2008. You should be counting your years from Aug 2008. Count 4 years 11 months and 2 days from Aug 2008.
Got it??

Note - I said provided if you don't have any gaps..entering the UK after 90 days of entry clearance is a gap. So in that scenario you have to take date of entry as you date to start counting the years.
Applying exactly 28 days before your 5th anniversary ( Provided you entered UK with in 90 days of your EC date)then the residency of 4 years 11 months and 2 days will apply. You could also apply with in the 28 days window before your 5th anniversary date from EC date. Which I did 7 days before MY visa expired.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Tier1toILR

Post by Tier1toILR » Wed May 29, 2013 11:39 am

syed_ILR wrote: Omg!! I said 4years 11 months and 2 days so that its easy for you guys..as this question has been asked thousand of times on this website..but u guys keep asking the same S again and again!!!!
Well, as a matter of fact it added to the confusion than resolve the same. Also, I believe this site is meant for (and may I add doing excellent job) helping very such people who are confused with interpretation of new rules. It is easy once you get an ILR but it is very difficult when you are on other side of fence and want people's view point and support.
syed_ILR wrote: if still a no then you shouldnt be on Tier 1 man (highly skilled)!!! looool :D
Bit of politeness goes long way and we can do away with sarcasm. I come to this site to get different view points and experience, and I'm glad that I get so much information from other's experience.

@Kevin: Thank you so much for your input, I've been following your case and based on the same I've decide to apply 28 days before Entry Clearance.

Cheers,
Tier1toILR.

dubeyv
Newly Registered

Post by dubeyv » Wed May 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Syed_ILR,

Excuse me but please dont judge me if I am skillfull enough or not. I only pinpointed what you mentioned as your reply. I have seen couple of your responses where in order to make it look simple you confuse the person and everyone. You did the same in this case as well. When I looked at it I felt that you are saying something which is not true and just to quote you 'You have to be in the UK for 4years 11 months and 2 days lawfully to be eligible for the ILR' This has been explained by Kevin.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Tier1toILR wrote:
syed_ILR wrote: Omg!! I said 4years 11 months and 2 days so that its easy for you guys..as this question has been asked thousand of times on this website..but u guys keep asking the same S again and again!!!!
Well, as a matter of fact it added to the confusion than resolve the same. Also, I believe this site is meant for (and may I add doing excellent job) helping very such people who are confused with interpretation of new rules. It is easy once you get an ILR but it is very difficult when you are on other side of fence and want people's view point and support.
syed_ILR wrote: if still a no then you shouldnt be on Tier 1 man (highly skilled)!!! looool :D
Bit of politeness goes long way and we can do away with sarcasm. I come to this site to get different view points and experience, and I'm glad that I get so much information from other's experience.

@Kevin: Thank you so much for your input, I've been following your case and based on the same I've decide to apply 28 days before Entry Clearance.

Cheers,
Tier1toILR.
Mate! Make sure you count your 28 days before visa expiry very carefully. CWs too check this date. Whether bang on 28 days before.
KEVIN

Tier1toILR

Post by Tier1toILR » Wed May 29, 2013 2:59 pm

Thanks Kevin.

My situation is bit interesting though.

I came to the UK on 26th Sept 2008 and Visa was granted on 13th Aug 2008.

I'm now planning to apply on 19th July, 2013.

28 Days before 13th Aug, 2013 = 16th July, 2013.

I have Tier 1 visa valid until March 2016.

I think it should be alright, what are your thoughts?

Thanks.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:31 pm

Tier1toILR wrote:Thanks Kevin.

Thanks.
Looks fine to me. Get all the necessary documents sorted out as per SET O form and anyhing additional. Also start filling the SET O form and clear any doubts on the Forum
KEVIN

Tier1toILR

Post by Tier1toILR » Wed May 29, 2013 3:37 pm

Kevin24 wrote:

Thanks.
Looks fine to me. Get all the necessary documents sorted out as per SET O form and anyhing additional. Also start filling the SET O form and clear any doubts on the Forum
Thanks Kevin, You're a STAR.

It helps boost the morale when you are under pressure of ILR application. I'm looking forward to be relieved with this soon.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:37 pm

syed_ILR wrote:

Got it??

syed_ilr now that you have got your ILR,please help others .That's what I am doing. You must remember how much this Forum helped you with your ILR. There are so many folks out there who want our help and guidance. We should not be making jokes at them.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:40 pm

Tier1toILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

Thanks.

It helps boost the morale when you are under pressure of ILR application. I'm looking forward to be relieved with this soon.
Thank you. If you finish well ahead with the necessary things you have to do,then you could cope with the last minute stress. I can understand the pressure and stress you are under because I went through the same thing.
KEVIN

Tier1toILR

Post by Tier1toILR » Wed May 29, 2013 3:42 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
Tier1toILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

Thanks.

Thank you. If you finish well ahead with the necessary things you have to do,then you could cope with the last minute stress. I can understand the pressure and stress you are under because I went through the same thing.
I agree, I like to plan things in advance and be prepared than think about anything that I may have missed at the last moment.

Appreciate your help.

Cheers.

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Wed May 29, 2013 4:48 pm

syed_ILR wrote:

Got it??

Kevin the way I explained it ..even a layman could have grasped it... Will remember this in future. No jokes from now on no matter how dumb the question is.

Tier1toILR

Post by Tier1toILR » Wed May 29, 2013 4:55 pm

syed_ILR wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:

Got it??

Kevin the way I explained it ..even a layman could have grasped it... Will remember this in future. No jokes from now on no matter how dumb the question is.
Looks like there is no easy way to make you understand about sarcasm and how not to offend people. May be if you get too excited about people's question, you shouldn't provide your services to this forum at all. I'm sure there lot of good people in the forum who are more than willing to help.

To be honest, looking at your comments, I'm sure it must be easy to get "Member of Standing" tag next to your name.

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Wed May 29, 2013 5:20 pm

Tier1toILR wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:

Got it??

Looks like there is no easy way to make you understand about sarcasm and how not to offend people. May be if you get too excited about people's question, you shouldn't provide your services to this forum at all. I'm sure there lot of good people in the forum who are more than willing to help.

To be honest, looking at your comments, I'm sure it must be easy to get "Member of Standing" tag next to your name.
Is ur query resloved? As this conversation is not leading us anywhere. If u read my answer and put your ego aside then u will find it the best answer. But if u keep cribbing about oh u made fun of him or u made fun of me them we can go on till eternity. The bottom line is I did not make fun of anyone I was just trying to make it light by puttin in a silly joke. If u guys have that big ego n were really hurt then I apologise. Ciao

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:22 pm

syed_ILR wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:

Got it??

No offense Mate! I could take any Joke and could laugh it off. All are not the same.
KEVIN

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Wed May 29, 2013 5:23 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:

Got it??

No offense Mate! I could take any Joke and could laugh it off. All are not the same.
Thanks kev :)

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:28 pm

syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:

Got it??

Thanks kev :)
No problems Mate! :D
KEVIN