ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CLUELESS: Reg. of child as Indian citizen One parent BC

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ric1982
Member of Standing

CLUELESS: Reg. of child as Indian citizen One parent BC

Post by ric1982 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi,

I am trying to fillup the online form to register my child as Indian citizen as stated on the website.

http://www.cgibirmingham.org/index.php? ... ages&id=20

and it says I need to fill up following online form on the link http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/I ... ublic.aspx

"Registration of birth of a minor child at an indian consulate under section 4(1) of the citizenship act, 1955"

I am British citizen with surrendered the Indian passport (my wife is Indian citizen).

When I try to submit the form it throws an validation error saying "Passport Country should only be India"!!!

Does anyone knows what to do here?

I am really worried about this. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri May 24, 2013 1:18 pm

That's interesting.

The rule requires either father or mother to be Indian citizenship at the time of Birth so I don't see any reason why they have done this.

You can contact the below two people:

For problems in online filing of application for Indian Citizenship, please send an e-Mail to spsharma@nic.in mentioning details of problem.
You may send e-Mail to dsmmp-mha@nic.in for any suggestions and queries regarding Indian Citizenship.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:36 pm

ban.s wrote:That's interesting.

The rule requires either father or mother to be Indian citizenship at the time of Birth so I don't see any reason why they have done this.

You can contact the below two people:

For problems in online filing of application for Indian Citizenship, please send an e-Mail to spsharma@nic.in mentioning details of problem.
You may send e-Mail to dsmmp-mha@nic.in for any suggestions and queries regarding Indian Citizenship.
Indeed.

Many thanks for the contact details. I have done the email. Lets see when I get reply (if I get reply).

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:15 am

As I was expecting no news form IHC yet on the buggy online application form. We did went to the IHC. We just fill in the form using me as Indian citizen and got it printed. (as they would not entertain without the form!). The officer has noted down our circumstances and currently the application is under process.

My advise is to get the online form done (even with few incorrect info.) then go to the IHC and explain the problem. They should be able to help you out.

Many thanks for your help.

eashkuma4
India

Passport

Post by eashkuma4 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:55 am

What happened to your Passport application? have you received the Birth certificate?

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: Passport

Post by ric1982 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:22 am

eashkuma4 wrote:What happened to your Passport application? have you received the Birth certificate?
Yes we have received both together.

eashkuma4
India

Passport

Post by eashkuma4 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:23 am

Good to hear