ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK to Tier 2 parents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IM314
Newly Registered

Child born in UK to Tier 2 parents

Post by IM314 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:47 am

I'm on Tier 2 (General), and my wife has the corresponing dependant visa.
We are South African citizens, and our first child was born here in the UK in March. I will soon receive her South African birth certificate and passport, after which we want to go to South Africa to show her to her grandparents.

Now, I understand that I will need to get her a UK visa as well in order for her to return to the UK with us, but which form should I use?

The forms for dependant applications from within the UK all ask for proof of previous or current grant of leave, which she obviously doesn't have. It even says clearly on the online form that
If you are not, or did not last have leave, in one of these categories you cannot switch into the category of dependant of a Points Based System Migrant category while you are in the UK and if you apply, it is likely we will refuse your application.
So, my questions:
1- Can I simply ignore this and hope they see from the date of birth and/or my notes what the circumstance is?
2 - Or is there a completely different form for this case?
3 - If I have to fill in the application on her behalf as if she's a dependant applying, do I have to say yes to the questions asking if the form is being filled out by a representative? (and all the questions following from that?)

Any help will be greatly appreciated, even if it's just to point me to somewhere else where these questions have been answered.

IM314
Newly Registered

Post by IM314 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:02 pm

Anyone...?

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Tue May 28, 2013 6:41 pm

1) When do you intend to travel to SA?
2) Do you intend to make a postal application for dependent child visa from UK (which takes long enough) or a premium appointment?

I've applied for my UK born child's visa from out of country while we were visiting his grandparents. Visa was done in 3 weeks time post submission of application.

Don't think it makes much difference whether you apply for a dependent visa from in country or out of country.

Anyone who's applied for UK born child visa from in country can share their experience though.

IM314
Newly Registered

Post by IM314 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:24 pm

Thanks for your input. I'm planning on going to SA in September, but I'm reluctant to wait until I'm there and apply for a dependant visa from there. I'll apply from in-country, and see what happens. I phoned the UKBA and explained the situation, and they said I should ignore the warning on the online form - they will see from the date of birth what the circumstance is. It all seems a bit unofficial to me and I don't want to lose the fee due to some misunderstaning.

Anyone else on Tier 2 recently had to get a visa for a UK-born baby? Any more advice will be highly appreciated.