ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Uzo
Newly Registered

Case worker assigned

Post by Uzo » Tue May 28, 2013 1:31 pm

I submitted my application on 24 October 2012. My MP wrote me recently informing me that my application has been assigned a case worker and is being considered actively. Does anyone have any idea how long after a case worker is assigned are cases usually decided?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:37 pm

when did u complete biometric and isit a extension or fresh application your doing?

Uzo
Newly Registered

Post by Uzo » Tue May 28, 2013 3:12 pm

sanny26 wrote:when did u complete biometric and isit a extension or fresh application your doing?
I submitted biometric details 1st December 2012. It is a fresh ILR 10yr application.

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Tue May 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Uzo wrote:
sanny26 wrote:when did u complete biometric and isit a extension or fresh application your doing?
I submitted biometric details 1st December 2012. It is a fresh ILR 10yr application.
ILR? you'r in the wrong section mate

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Tue May 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi beautiful people.....*waves*....

@Verbina....couldn't believe when it start raining this morning but won't complain as our Heavenly Father is opening the floodgates of Heaven for us...and positive outcome are gonna rain upon us in Jesus name!Hope u soaked all the sun-rays!

@Onlytime...they said summertime and let's pray all shall surely come to pass in Jesus name.I even forgot my timeline or maybe can't be bothered as its heading to the 9month!Soon we will rejoice.

Let's keep the faith and hope for the best!!

rec212

Update

Post by rec212 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi guys, It's been a while since my last post... anyway, I am making a new FLR(o) application because the previous one was refused. I have a new solicitor cuz as some of you know, my previous solicitor had given me an immigration advice which was fundamentally wrong and I should not even have applied for a FLR(o), it even says clearly on the HO website that a visitor cannot switch or apply to a different visa!

Advice: Should you seek legal advice, please make research online as there are loads of scammers out there that are lurking to steal people's money!

If you already have a valid visa, there is no point in applying for FLR(o) as that was one of the main reasons why my application was refused and why I have not been given any right to appeal!

Those two advices will save your time and money, believe me!

Good luck everyone.
Second FLR(o) sent: 5th June
Acknowledgement: 13th June
Bio dated: 13th June
Bio sent: 27th June
Waiting:...

progeny5kay

Re: Update

Post by progeny5kay » Tue May 28, 2013 10:14 pm

rec212 wrote:Hi guys, It's been a while since my last post... anyway, I am making a new FLR(o) application because the previous one was refused. I have a new solicitor cuz as some of you know, my previous solicitor had given me an immigration advice which was fundamentally wrong and I should not even have applied for a FLR(o), it even says clearly on the HO website that a visitor cannot switch or apply to a different visa!

Advice: Should you seek legal advice, please make research online as there are loads of scammers out there that are lurking to steal people's money!

If you already have a valid visa, there is no point in applying for FLR(o) as that was one of the main reasons why my application was refused and why I have not been given any right to appeal!

Those two advices will save your time and money, believe me!

Good luck everyone.
Hi can someone help? Will i need English proficiency test for DLR family life or private life applications :?:

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Tue May 28, 2013 10:18 pm

cookies wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
cookies wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

Lol just to show u how bad things are i even wish they deliver mails on a sundays....lol
HAHAHAHA ME TOO! My situation is a little different, I check my emails and my phone every two seconds to see if I got news from my solicitor, as he's getting all my post from the UKBA. I never thought I'd hate weekends so much. too funny.
:

:lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: ............its called patience.
Patience??? what's that??? LOL :lol:
Hi can you help? Will i need English proficiency test for DLR family life or private life applications :?:

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue May 28, 2013 10:27 pm

progeny5kay wrote:
cookies wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
cookies wrote:
HAHAHAHA ME TOO! My situation is a little different, I check my emails and my phone every two seconds to see if I got news from my solicitor, as he's getting all my post from the UKBA. I never thought I'd hate weekends so much. too funny.
:

:lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: ............its called patience.
Patience??? what's that??? LOL :lol:
Hi can you help? Will i n
eed English proficiency test for DLR family life or private life applications :?:
It's best you do the test or give another proof e.g degree cert

Best of luck
Godgives

Believe2013
Member of Standing

FLR(O) Discretionary leave

Post by Believe2013 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:24 am

Hi basically my ordeal lasted just under 2 months and got refused. My counsel have sent a PAP and given the HO 14 days to review the decision or it's 'see you in court' Goodluck to those of you waiting. I think its a case of LIFO (last in first out) in terms of processing applications. Decisions are being rushed and refusal letters are seriously erroneous, cut and paste habit gone wrong. they got my nationality wrong in the body of the letter even though in the subject title they got it right. The quality of service is atrocious. I had lost hope only waiting for 2 months, I can imagine those of you that have waited a year and a bit, I am sorry and hope a favourable decision comes your way. My case was not considered on individual merits and the refusal was both speculative and illogical. Remember they enforce the law (perhaps a case of misapplication of the law I should say) but do not make the law so thank God for that. You will prevail.

Mani jan
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary leave

Post by Mani jan » Wed May 29, 2013 11:22 am

Believe2013 wrote:Hi basically my ordeal lasted just under 2 months and got refused. My counsel have sent a PAP and given the HO 14 days to review the decision or it's 'see you in court' Goodluck to those of you waiting. I think its a case of LIFO (last in first out) in terms of processing applications. Decisions are being rushed and refusal letters are seriously erroneous, cut and paste habit gone wrong. they got my nationality wrong in the body of the letter even though in the subject title they got it right. The quality of service is atrocious. I had lost hope only waiting for 2 months, I can imagine those of you that have waited a year and a bit, I am sorry and hope a favourable decision comes your way. My case was not considered on individual merits and the refusal was both speculative and illogical. Remember they enforce the law (perhaps a case of misapplication of the law I should say) but do not make the law so thank God for that. You will prevail.

Oh so sorry to hear about you, can u please tell me which grounds they refuse you, have you got any baby who Is british ....

Bibiye
Newly Registered

Post by Bibiye » Wed May 29, 2013 11:44 am

Morning everyone..

I thought I'd share my story...

I applied for an extension back in Aug 2012. I recieved the biometric letter in Feb and I submitted it mid Feb.. and I am still waiting!

My case is slightly more urgent than most.. I am getting married, well I was due to get married last Oct, postponed it to May 25th, I've also had to postpone that one as there was no sign of the visa... My lawyer sent them a letter asking for an expedition back in March explaining the urgency- to which we got a reply saying 'they sympathise with my situation but they will not expedite..' I then wrote to my MP, she wrote them a letter also in March and they never replied to her. she then sent me a letter saying.. she still hasn't recieved a reply and that she is going to chase them with another letter.. still NOTHING!!!

From reading some of the posts on here, it looks like they are processing newer applications first as there are many ppl who applied around the same time as I did are still waiting in vain... SOOOO not fair!!

I decided to call them last week in the hope that I speak to a person with a heart and not just a just a robot but I got the latter.. the response..'your application is still in progress' I asked for time frame and the woman said.. by the end of Summer.. what does that even mean?!?!?! :twisted:

I am tearing my hair out! my life is litterally on hold and I don't know what else to do!!! I wish there was somethinmg we can all do!!!! :(

cookies
Scotland

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary leave

Post by cookies » Wed May 29, 2013 12:13 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Hi basically my ordeal lasted just under 2 months and got refused. My counsel have sent a PAP and given the HO 14 days to review the decision or it's 'see you in court' Goodluck to those of you waiting. I think its a case of LIFO (last in first out) in terms of processing applications. Decisions are being rushed and refusal letters are seriously erroneous, cut and paste habit gone wrong. they got my nationality wrong in the body of the letter even though in the subject title they got it right. The quality of service is atrocious. I had lost hope only waiting for 2 months, I can imagine those of you that have waited a year and a bit, I am sorry and hope a favourable decision comes your way. My case was not considered on individual merits and the refusal was both speculative and illogical. Remember they enforce the law (perhaps a case of misapplication of the law I should say) but do not make the law so thank God for that. You will prevail.
So sorry about your case Believe... :( can you share your story and what the reasons for refusal are?
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

UK-Tiers
Newly Registered

Help with diffucult phase in life

Post by UK-Tiers » Wed May 29, 2013 12:59 pm

Dear All

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need your educated opinions on this.

Unfortunately me and my partner seperated and that person left (gone back home) in April, that person was here as my depended on Tier 1, now I am a PR holder and want to sponsor someone else as my spouse.

We (me and the first person) were married back home, if I have to make this second person as my dependent, should I need a divorce certificate? Is it a must? As it can take a long time, and the person I want to be with's visa is expiring soon.

Please advise

lekmat01
Newly Registered

hiii

Post by lekmat01 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:36 pm

@rec212
I saw all your post since you were refused,I need you to answer my questions please.Did you have a british wife and british children? The reason is that I was on 5yrs visiting visa and was granted a resident permit And also my cousin she was an overstayer for 10yrs but she had a twins who HO granted citizenship under 10yrs rules and llast week she was granted resident permit as well,it took her application just 4 weeks.So please I need your answer because you need to know what you will do before paying an extra money again...

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Thank you for all the kind words and sympathy. Its places like these a lot of us find peace and solace. So basically I applied on the article 8 route via family life and private life. I sincerely regret not making my application before the 14 yr route was abolished. Dwelling on If's and buts doesn’t really solve anything now - I couldn’t at that time because I was missing vital evidence from HRMC which arrived 4 weeks after that route was abolished. Then someone will no doubt flag up why I didn't do it in 2010 November? Like I said it is what it is.

My Lawyers submitted my FLR (o) on my behalf. Background of the case

1) Been in the UK almost 17 years. I have two degrees I self-funded
2) Had a very well paid job hence being reluctant to leave it. Contributed over £8000 in tax and NI per annum for the last 14 years or so. paid poll tax and a regular charity donor and fundraiser in my community
3) No kids or wife
4) Mother and sister British are citizens successfully claimed asylum in 2009. All my cousins Aunties and uncles are British citizens too via the asylum route and I have no social cultural ties back home. No home or close relative to put me up should I be returned to my country of origin
5) I am of good character never been convicted of a crime and never stepped inside a police station
6) Always very self-sufficient not once did I recourse to public funds wouldn’t know what to do if I had to.

Grounds for refusal

1) Not met the 20 year criteria as the 14 yr rule was abolished. Yes I understand but this point can be argued in spirit and longer periods than the 14yr rule are very much applicable under article 8.

2) I left my home country a 20 year old and therefore I had established social and cultural ties back home. - Again supporting letters & biometrics of my immediate family & extended family who claimed asylum successfully with whom my social familial and cultural ties are with are all British citizens now. You are entitled to have one family life and I do not chose my relations, they happen to be British now and should anything happen to me they too are victims again article 8. Family life doesn’t solely mean I have to have kids and a wife NOT AT ALL.

3) I spent half of my adult life in my home country- Rubbish you are considered an adult as of 18 and you start to live an adult life as of 18. So in essence I have spent most my adult life in the UK bar 2years.

Like I said ILLOGICAL AND SPECULATIVE. Article 8 is a very powerful tool when analysed in depth. Guys do not lose faith or hope. We will prevail.

rec212

Re: hiii

Post by rec212 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:08 pm

lekmat01 wrote:@rec212
I saw all your post since you were refused,I need you to answer my questions please.Did you have a british wife and british children? The reason is that I was on 5yrs visiting visa and was granted a resident permit And also my cousin she was an overstayer for 10yrs but she had a twins who HO granted citizenship under 10yrs rules and llast week she was granted resident permit as well,it took her application just 4 weeks.So please I need your answer because you need to know what you will do before paying an extra money again...
I am married to a british citizen but i dont have any children yet.
I have been here for 6 months so far on a visitor visa whic has now expired
That is why i am making a new application

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:15 pm

@Rec212,

As convoluted as your case sounds never lose face and hope. Wish you all the best

"Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate...... our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Wed May 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Thank you for all the kind words and sympathy. Its places like these a lot of us find peace and solace. So basically I applied on the article 8 route via family life and private life. I sincerely regret not making my application before the 14 yr route was abolished. Dwelling on If's and buts doesn’t really solve anything now - I couldn’t at that time because I was missing vital evidence from HRMC which arrived 4 weeks after that route was abolished. Then someone will no doubt flag up why I didn't do it in 2010 November? Like I said it is what it is.

2) Had a very well paid job hence being reluctant to leave it. Contributed over £8000 in tax and NI per annum for the last 14 years or so. paid poll tax and a regular charity donor and fundraiser in my community
3) No kids or wife
4) Mother and sister British are citizens successfully claimed asylum in 2009. All my cousins Aunties and uncles are British citizens too via the asylum route and I have no social cultural ties back home. No home or close relative to put me up should I be returned to my country of origin
5) I am of good character never been convicted of a crime and never stepped inside a police station
6) Always very self-sufficient not once did I recourse to public funds wouldn’t know what to do if I had to.

Grounds for refusal

1) Not met the 20 year criteria as the 14 yr rule was abolished. Yes I understand but this point can be argued in spirit and longer periods than the 14yr rule are very much applicable under article 8.

2) I left my home country a 20 year old and therefore I had established social and cultural ties back home. - Again supporting letters & biometrics of my immediate family & extended family who claimed asylum successfully with whom my social familial and cultural ties are with are all British citizens now. You are entitled to have one family life and I do not chose my relations, they happen to be British now and should anything happen to me they too are victims again article 8. Family life doesn’t solely mean I have to have kids and a wife NOT AT ALL.

3) I spent half of my adult life in my home country- Rubbish you are considered an adult as of 18 and you start to live an adult life as of 18. So in essence I have spent most my adult life in the UK bar 2years.

Like I said ILLOGICAL AND SPECULATIVE. Article 8 is a very powerful tool when analysed in depth. Guys do not lose faith or hope. We will prevail.
sorry about the refusal bruv.were you given a right of appeal?

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Thanks Yahwadud - no right to appeal. Standard I think, got to hand it to them for being consistent there :lol:

Your right of appeal will be applicable if or when they issue you with a removal notice. But i am exploring the litigation avenue by means of a JR so won't see one until the courts decide.

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Wed May 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Thank you for all the kind words and sympathy. Its places like these a lot of us find peace and solace. So basically I applied on the article 8 route via family life and private life. I sincerely regret not making my application before the 14 yr route was abolished. Dwelling on If's and buts doesn’t really solve anything now - I couldn’t at that time because I was missing vital evidence from HRMC which arrived 4 weeks after that route was abolished. Then someone will no doubt flag up why I didn't do it in 2010 November? Like I said it is what it is.

3) No kids or wife

Grounds for refusal

lol you havent been back home in 17 years. how they can expect you to leave the life youve built here and just return back is just beyond me. common sense needs to go into these decisions.

have you been here legally all the way through?

im applying under article 8, but under one of the subsections over 18 and under 25 and live half life here (lived here 14 years) so technically i qualify but fully expecting a refusal for rubbish reasons.

i too also missed the 14 year ilr mark(was eligible like a month after it was abolished) so i somewhat understand the anguish you are going through. Your case can definitely be fought. they cant just remove you after youve established such a strong presence and contributed towards the growth of the economy

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:50 pm

@egoneo,

no went once before my family moved here, if i had a home to go to i would have. Part legal and illegal. if you have lived here 14 years so in principle you should be able to argue your case. I doubt there are any people that would fit into the 20 year criteria. I would like to personally hand them a medal the size of a frying pan :lol:

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed May 29, 2013 4:09 pm

3) No kids or wife

Grounds for refusal

You apply go through ancestry route as your mum is british. The grounds of refusal is cruel.
Godgives

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Wed May 29, 2013 4:54 pm

GodGives wrote:

3) No kids or wife

Grounds for refusal

You apply go through ancestry route as your mum is british. The grounds of refusal is cruel.
That refusal is definitely cruel! good luck, fight, fight, fight and don't give up!
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

rec212

Post by rec212 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:03 pm

Believe2013 wrote:@Rec212,

As convoluted as your case sounds never lose face and hope. Wish you all the best

"Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate...... our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"
Well I think my wife might be pregnant but I am not too sure about a baby yet anyway. Would it make our case stronger if she was pregnant?

Thx!