ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation BC queries for ILR Holder

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m_man1

Naturalisation BC queries for ILR Holder

Post by m_man1 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi Gurus

Just wanted to ascertain a few facts if you can share your thoughts will be great

I was granted ILR in 2010 Jan on basis of my spouse ILR (Dependant),i do qualify for naturalisation in Jan 2013

recently came across the 28th october changes to naturalisation & BC applications

My queries are do these changes affect me in any ways /means

Do i have to give my Life in UK again?

Do i need to submit the life in uk certificate with my application as i have misplaced it?

Do i need to give B1 listening ?

kindly share your thoughts

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation BC queries for ILR Holder

Post by Amber » Tue May 28, 2013 1:55 pm

m_man1 wrote:Hi Gurus

Just wanted to ascertain a few facts if you can share your thoughts will be great

I was granted ILR in 2010 Jan on basis of my spouse ILR (Dependant),i do qualify for naturalisation in Jan 2013

recently came across the 28th october changes to naturalisation & BC applications

My queries are do these changes affect me in any ways /means

Do i have to give my Life in UK again?

Do i need to submit the life in uk certificate with my application as i have misplaced it?

Do i need to give B1 listening ?

kindly share your thoughts
Are you the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen? How long have you been resident in the UK?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:59 pm

i am the spouse of BC & have been on Work permit dependant initially when i first arrived in Uk in Jan 2010 & through my spouse dependant application i gained my ILR in march 2013.

hope this helps

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue May 28, 2013 2:09 pm

m_man1 wrote:i am the spouse of BC & have been on Work permit dependant initially when i first arrived in Uk in Jan 2010 & through my spouse dependant application i gained my ILR in march 2013.

hope this helps
As you are the spouse of a BC and you have been resident I the UK for 3 or mor years you can apply to naturalise now so long as you meet the other requirements as per http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ofcitizen/

If you used your life in the UK test certificate to apply for ILR you do not need to submit it again.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:55 pm

Many thanks much appreciated

One last thing i could find this info on UKBA ,As i have a child now born a month ago can i include child on the same application or does it have to be a separate application

Not sure if you can get dependants in the same form?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue May 28, 2013 3:59 pm

m_man1 wrote:Many thanks much appreciated

One last thing i could find this info on UKBA ,As i have a child now born a month ago can i include child on the same application or does it have to be a separate application

Not sure if you can get dependants in the same form?
The child has a British parent, your spouse. In addition, you were settled at the time of the Birth, therefore, the child is automatically British and you can apply for a British Passport for the child.