ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 years how do you count it?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elthamman

6 years how do you count it?

Post by elthamman » Tue May 28, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi, i started work on december 1st 2007 , however the wrs certificate was issued on february 16th, do i have to wait till february 2013 then? thats what i've been told by my mate, many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 6 years how do you count it?

Post by Amber » Tue May 28, 2013 2:15 pm

elthamman wrote:Hi, i started work on december 1st 2007 , however the wrs certificate was issued on february 16th, do i have to wait till february 2013 then? thats what i've been told by my mate, many thanks
An A8 worker who was required to register with the WRS must have registered their employment within one month of starting work for that employer. If you did that then you met the wrs requirements and thus was legally exercising treaty rights from the day you started working. You are a settled person after 5 years of continuous residence in the UK whilst exercising treat right as a qualified person. If you are not the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen then you must be settled for 12 months prior to your application for naturalisation.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

elthamman

Post by elthamman » Tue May 28, 2013 2:27 pm

but the thing is this is not my first job, i registered within a month in july 2004 , had few jobs in the meantime, and i decided i#m gonna wait in my current employment till i reach 6 years , i have pr card already based on my current job , and my friend got citizenship and he registered 2 months after he started his job, no problems

elthamman

Post by elthamman » Tue May 28, 2013 2:32 pm

i spoke to my friend just now, he said he registered 3 months after he started!! he booked appointment at ncs 6 years after he started his job, and the lady told him to come back in 3 months time, coz they count it from when the wrs was dated?