ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Sun May 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Ok nice1
Last edited by teawithlemon on Mon May 27, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 26, 2013 3:25 pm

This thread is for timelines only if you wish to argue with each other use the Private Messaging facility.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: Waiting for Approval..

Post by ukforever » Mon May 27, 2013 2:31 am

abedul_ala wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 years (HSMP+Tier1) + 1 year ILR
Method of application: NCS Redbridge Thursday 21.03.2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: Friday AM 22.03.2013 (Royal Mail Tracking)
Date of debit of fees: Satday 30.03.2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Monday 08.04.2013 (Dated 30.03.2013)
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

Is anyone there waiting as well..?
It is frustrating really waiting for approval, I can see people applied after me got there approval already, Wishing them good luck..
:(
same here,i've got the same time line like your,money debited the 30 of march ackn letter received the 6th of april dated the 30/03/13 and still waiting..don't know why the delay..so many applied after us,even end of april and they got their approval..!!!

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 6&start=80
UK------++++-------****

Samuel72
Newly Registered

Post by Samuel72 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:44 pm

What happens if I request my documents after 6 months with being told of the outcome , will it affect my application.

Kennavarro
- thin ice -

Post by Kennavarro » Tue May 28, 2013 5:36 am

Plum70 wrote:
Astrid24 wrote: My question is, do you think that after they receive these documents I will get my approval quickly?

I know that no one knows and it's all just guesswork but I just want some reassurance. Lol.
If you find guess work reassuring then perhaps you may receive your approval sometime soon, judging by average 2013 timelines.

But I'll leave it to the great mathematician in this forum to formulate a more 'realistic' date. :wink:

Enjoy your ceremony when it comes.

Sorry to rain on your parade love...but actually some of us know exactly how long it takes to get a straightforward application approved.
Based on my good calculation you are were so damn close to enjoying this past bank holiday to the max but unfortunately for you it was back to square one...posting additional documents...

So here is really whats going to happen you are going to be waiting from a few days to a few weeks congratulations you have managed to move your self from the precision of an accurate straightforward application to the uncertainty of complex applications. This is why now when they receive your documents you have to join the queue again its a stalled application so they pull it out and park it aside when they receive your documents they restart it ...and now its down to pure luck no one can help you in terms of a precise date. For what its worth l wish you the best of luck keep waiting and keep the faith.

If you had played your cards right sent a valid passport 22/05/13 would not be a date for preparing to send valid documents but a day to cerebrate the end of the waiting ....you can put back the champagne on ice though...in the next couple of weeks you will be smiling.

Check out my method below

Disclaimer: This method will only apply to straight forward applications if your application has niggles and complex it will definitely take as long as they wish probably up to half a year before you can say anything...
please also Bear in mind things can dwell for months on straight ward applications too or get done exceptionally fast which is usually a mistake than intentional...

Date of application= Useless whether by post or NCS.

1. Date of Acknowledgement(DoA) on the letter received is where things start its the real date of application....usually concides with date of debiting your account.
From this date(DoA) count a good twenty days to approve a straight forward application note: always round off to the nearest number that will act as zero
example 1.if your date (DoA) was 8/5/13 then for calculation purposes make it 10/5/13 in your head...another example2 (DoA) 3/5/13 then for calculation purposes make it 01/5/13 in your head
2. Date of Approval(DoAPP) taking example 1 above if if your date (DoA) was 8/5/13 then for calculation purposes make it 10/5/13 in your head then after twenty days internal approval by UKBA should be made on the 30/5/13(DoAPP)...which is the date(DoAPP) you will see on your letter of approval then it will take ten days to reach you in the post.
3. Date of receipt of Approval( DoR) using example 1 we can add ten more days to (DoAPP) making (DoR) 10/6/13 this is the very day the post man will come knocking on the door if your (DoA) is 8/5/13 ...most applications that are straight forwards will fall in this range...of course we give or take three days to make up time wasted tea breaks, small talk and bathroom breaks that UKBA takes.

Typical example of member who just got approved
Eligibility criteria: 2 year Tier 2 +3 yrs Tier 1 + 1 yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Ilford
Date of application: 3rd April 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of acknowledgement: 10th April 2013 (DoA)
Date of debit of fees: 9th April 2013 (DoA)
Date of approval: 10th May(DoR) dated approval on 4th May(DoAPP)

Good luck folks just work out your own dates and kick back knowing exactly when Mr Post man will come knocking ...

j26
Newly Registered

Post by j26 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:00 am

Eligibility criteria: EU citizen exercising treaty rights since 10/01/2005
Method of application: NCS Lewisham 04.04.2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 05.04.2013 (Royal Mail Tracking)
Date of debit of fees: 15.04.2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Never received
Date of approval letter: 24.05.2013
Date of receipt of approval: 31.05.2013
Date of Ceremony: 11.06.2013
Last edited by j26 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

nsrisri

Post by nsrisri » Tue May 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Eligibility criteria: 11 years long residency + 1 yr ILR
Method of application: NCS
Date application sent: 16 April 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 17 April 2013
Date of debit of fees: 22 April 2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Forgot
Date of receipt of approval: 22 May received on 28th May
Date of Ceremony: Yet to be booked

Missed ceremony in 2 days.|Have to wait another month
Last edited by nsrisri on Tue May 28, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnwray29
Newly Registered

Post by johnwray29 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:41 pm

j26 wrote:Eligibility criteria: EU citizen exercising treaty rights since 10/01/2005
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Not yet received

When I applied, NCS worker said this is such a straight forward case, I should expect to be done in 8 weeks. Guess what - haven't even received my letter of acknowledgement yet. Somehow frustrated
There has been cases here where people never received acknowledgement but still got timely approval. I would worry if they had not debited your account but in your case they have. Missing ack could be due to many reasons:

1. lost in the post
2. never posted because it got jammed in printer and case worker did not bother to re-print
3. printer out of paper when it was sent and again case worker did not bother
4. case worker forgot one step in the processing procedure (these guys are "tick-box" machines)
5. you can add your own here... the list is endless

Just wait for your approval mate. good luck.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Tue May 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Samuel72 wrote:What happens if I request my documents after 6 months with being told of the outcome , will it affect my application.
You are asking same question again ! This is only for timeline, post your message on appropriate section, thank you.

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Kennavarro wrote:
Plum70 wrote:
Astrid24 wrote: My question is, do you think that after they receive these documents I will get my approval quickly?

I know that no one knows and it's all just guesswork but I just want some reassurance. Lol.
If you find guess work reassuring then perhaps you may receive your approval sometime soon, judging by average 2013 timelines.

But I'll leave it to the great mathematician in this forum to formulate a more 'realistic' date. :wink:

Sorry to rain on your parade love...but actually some of us know exactly how long it takes to get a straightforward application approved.
Based on my good calculation you are were so damn close to enjoying this past bank holiday to the max but unfortunately for you it was back to square one...posting additional documents...

So here is really whats going to happen you are going to be waiting from a few days to a few weeks congratulations you have managed to move your self from the precision of an accurate straightforward application to the uncertainty of complex applications. This is why now when they receive your documents you have to join the queue again its a stalled application so they pull it out and park it aside when they receive your documents they restart it .
..and now its down to pure luck no one can help you in terms of a precise date. For what its worth l wish you the best of luck keep waiting and keep the faith.

If you had played your cards right sent a valid passport 22/05/13 would not be a date for preparing to send valid documents but a day to cerebrate the end of the waiting ....you can put back the champagne on ice though...in the next couple of weeks you will be smiling.

I don't believe that's true. Why would they put a reference number and department number on the envelope so it could go straight to the section it needs to go to if they were just gonna put it on a pile to restart?

And why would they return my documents they didn't need anymore as well as hold on to my LIUK test certificate if they weren't almost finished? I think they're just needing to see the documents they asked for as routine to be honest. I don't see how them needing more documents means my application is now complex.

I think my application is basically done with and when they receive the documents, which they did today, they will be done in a few days to a week. So I'm not really worried.

And it's down to pure luck anyway, no one knows for sure when they'll receive their approval. Your 'method' is also purely guesswork.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Tue May 28, 2013 11:53 pm

Guys it's all interesting debate but can we move this to a dedicated thread, after all this thread is for timelines only

Kennavarro
- thin ice -

Post by Kennavarro » Wed May 29, 2013 12:30 am

Astrid24 wrote:
Kennavarro wrote:
Plum70 wrote:

So here is really whats going to happen you are going to be waiting from a few days to a few weeks congratulations you have managed to move your self from the precision of an accurate straightforward application to the uncertainty of complex applications. This is why now when they receive your documents you have to join the queue again its a stalled application so they pull it out and park it aside when they receive your documents they restart it .
..and now its down to pure luck no one can help you in terms of a precise date. For what its worth l wish you the best of luck keep waiting and keep the faith.

I don't believe that's true. Why would they put a reference number and department number on the envelope so it could go straight to the section it needs to go to if they were just gonna put it on a pile to restart?

And why would they return my documents they didn't need anymore as well as hold on to my LIUK test certificate if they weren't almost finished? I think they're just needing to see the documents they asked for as routine to be honest. I don't see how them needing more documents means my application is now complex.

I think my application is basically done with and when they receive the documents, which they did today, they will be done in a few days to a week. So I'm not really worried.

And it's down to pure luck anyway, no one knows for sure when they'll receive their approval. Your 'method' is also purely guesswork.
ALright here my two cents.

Its all about timing most people who apply for naturalisation are almost there end of the migration game...meaning no more queues, no more blogging on websites like these, no more paying ridiculous amount for poor UKBA service....the worst thing that can happen is refusing them citizenship of which it is not permanent they can reapply when they satisfy conditions...but for convinence most people want to go through this last stage of the process quickly and most importantly successfully.

1. Come on... all applications have case reference numbers the same number appears on your acknowledgement letter and is used throughout the process of course they have taken your 870pounds they have the duty to tell you a specific place to resend your documents where they are to be sorted and reallocated to probably the same case worker to finish off...you hoping or wishing where the place where the documents will arrive is the finishing off department.......so you are really down to the mercy of the case worker and the system mind you in UKBA any thing can happen your documents can fall behind the desk and that will be months of waiting remember you can not get in touch before six month ( worst case scenario)...on the flip side if you are lucky your documents might be handed to your case worker as they walk in to work by the Royal mail and oops they recognise your name and straight away go on to finish you application ..is it possible yes anything is possible in UKBA...
2. Ok you got your passport back because they photo copied it like they do for NCS applications really if you use NCS your passport is handed back straight away along with the LIfe in UK test its just they have seen it and a box is ticked...so that box is ticked on your side...so returning your passport by all means does not mean your application might be finished or successful.Either way whether you are successful or not your documents will come back to you that's the beauty of this final stage unless there is something fraudulent with the documents.
3. Based on your story your application is not a straight forward one as it has some niggles....best case scenario as l said above with all the luck in the world it might cost you a few more days might take a week to approve and then add ten days to get to you so 15 more days give and take three as usual..... worst case scenario you might be waiting for a few weeks to half a year. Keep your fingers crossed as you are not yet out of the frying pan...any false move and you in the fire....

Well last but not least if something works it works....call it guess work, call it luck, call it talent, call it maths, any thing you can think of....remember if it WORKS it works who cares what you call it...thats why you keep checking on here otherwise whats the point you might as well guess your own times instead of checking here!
Last edited by Kennavarro on Wed May 29, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

HSMP9999

Email on Nationality Progress email

Post by HSMP9999 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:31 am

j26 wrote:Eligibility criteria: EU citizen exercising treaty rights since 10/01/2005
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Not yet received

When I applied, NCS worker said this is such a straight forward case, I should expect to be done in 8 weeks. Guess what - haven't even received my letter of acknowledgement yet. Somehow frustrated
send email to ask for ack/ref number so you can use it in case you need to contact for them for any reason example change of address, same thing happened with me and I send email and got ref in reply, 2 weeks after ref number i got approval letter.
"email address : NationalityProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk"

Make sure you put
Name:
DOB:
Address:

Good luck.

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:31 am

Kennavarro wrote:
Astrid24 wrote:
Kennavarro wrote:
Plum70 wrote: If you find guess work reassuring then perhaps you may receive your approval sometime soon, judging by average 2013 timelines.

ALright here my two cents.

Its all about timing most people who apply for naturalisation are almost there end of the migration game...meaning no more queues, no more blogging on websites like these, no more paying ridiculous amount for poor UKBA service....the worst thing that can happen is refusing them citizenship of which it is not permanent they can reapply when they satisfy conditions...but for convinence most people want to go through this last stage of the process quickly and most importantly successfully.

1. Come on... all applications have case reference numbers the same number appears on your acknowledgement letter and is used throughout the process of course they have taken your 870pounds they have the duty to tell you a specific place to resend your documents where they are to be sorted and reallocated to probably the same case worker to finish off...you hoping or wishing where the place where the documents will arrive is the finishing off department.......so you are really down to the mercy of the case worker and the system mind you in UKBA any thing can happen your documents can fall behind the desk and that will be months of waiting remember you can not get in touch before six month ( worst case scenario)...on the flip side if you are lucky your documents might be handed to your case worker as they walk in to work by the Royal mail and oops they recognise your name and straight away go on to finish you application ..is it possible yes anything is possible in UKBA...
2. Ok you got your passport back because they photo copied it like they do for NCS applications really if you use NCS your passport is handed back straight away along with the LIfe in UK test its just they have seen it and a box is ticked...so that box is ticked on your side...so returning your passport by all means does not mean your application might be finished or successful.Either way whether you are successful or not your documents will come back to you that's the beauty of this final stage unless there is something fraudulent with the documents.
3. Based on your story your application is not a straight forward one as it has some niggles....best case scenario as l said above with all the luck in the world it might cost you a few more days might take a week to approve and then add ten days to get to you so 15 more days give and take three as usual..... worst case scenario you might be waiting for a few weeks to half a year. Keep your fingers crossed as you are not yet out of the frying pan...any false move and you in the fire....

Well last but not least if something works it works....call it guess work, call it luck, call it talent, call it maths, any thing you can think of....remember if it WORKS it works who cares what you call it...thats why you keep checking on here otherwise whats the point you might as well guess your own times instead of checking here!
When it comes it comes and I will update my timeline. I sent a prepaid envelope so it won't take 10 days to reach me. But I'm not here to debate about something I don't know. Lol. I showed my timeline and shared my circumstance in case something similar happens to anyone else because I couldn't find any threads on it. That's all. It's really not something to debate about.

I keep coming in this thread because I've been coming in it ever since I sent off my application, and I want to see how long it's been taking other people's applications. Looking at their timeline is not going to tell me when my application will be complete so therefore I am guessing. And unless you are the case worker(s) working on my application you are also guessing.

But moving on... Sorry to derail the thread!

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:35 am

Eligibility criteria: I don't know but I've had ILR since I was 16 & I'm now 24
Method of application: Postal (SD + Prepaid SD)
Date of application: 11/04/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 12/04/13
Date of debit of fees: 19/04/13
Date of acknowledgement: 19/04/13 (received on the 27th)
Return of documents (and request for further documents): 22/05/13 (received on 24/05/13)
Date of receipt of further documents by UKBA: 28/05/13
Date of approval: 04/06/13 (received on 06/06/13)
Date of invitation letter : Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending

Will update this post when I hear anything!
Last edited by Astrid24 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

hun
Newly Registered

Post by hun » Wed May 29, 2013 10:13 am

cutepearl wrote:
cutepearl wrote:Application Timeline

Eligibility criteria: 5+1 years EEA
Method of application: NCS (Hackney)
Date sent by NCS: 03rd April 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04th April 2013
Date of debit of fees: 10th April 2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 12 April 2013 (Dated 10th April 2013)
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of Ceremony: Awaiting
I am still waiting applied on 3rd april. :?

pta28
Newly Registered

Post by pta28 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:41 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 1/2 Years (WP & Tier1) + 1 Year(ILR)
Applicants : Family Application (2 Form-ANs) +(1 Form-MN)
Method of application: NCS Leeds
Date of application with NCS: 15th April 2013
Date of debit of fees: 22nd April 2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Around 26th April 2013
Date of receipt of approval: 25th May 2013 (Dated 20th May 2013)
Date of Ceremony: 25th July 2013

Thanks to all the Information/Clarification providers of this forum and Good Luck to the applicants who are waiting for the approval.

Leeds Registrar office seems to handle appointments slower than the other offices. It took a long time to get an appointment and make the application and now the first avaiable public ceremony event is only after 2 months from now. Wondering if we can change it to some other council for the ceremony as we might relocate within the next 2 months (Private Cermony Costs £120 each which is an additonal and expensive fees)

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Wed May 29, 2013 1:21 pm

hun wrote:
cutepearl wrote:
cutepearl wrote:Application Timeline

Eligibility criteria: 5+1 years EEA
Method of application: NCS (Hackney)
Date sent by NCS: 03rd April 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04th April 2013
Date of debit of fees: 10th April 2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 12 April 2013 (Dated 10th April 2013)
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
I am still waiting applied on 3rd april. :?
Same here mate. I am waiting as well.

John jackson
Newly Registered

Post by John jackson » Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 pm

How long does it take to receive invitation letter from ukba?

abed9631
Newly Registered

Post by abed9631 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:29 pm

John jackson wrote:How long does it take to receive invitation letter from ukba?
Within 10 working days from the date of your approval i.e. the date on the approval letter not when you received it.
Last edited by abed9631 on Wed May 29, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maya30
Newly Registered

Post by maya30 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:54 pm

Eligibility criteria: Spouse of BC + child 3(1)
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 22 May 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 24 May 2013
Date of acknowledgement: 30 May 2013 (dated 28 May 2013)
Date of debit of fees: 29 May 2013
Date of approval: 24 June 2013 (dated 17 June 2013)
Date of Ceremony: 16 July 2013
Last edited by maya30 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kennavarro
- thin ice -

Post by Kennavarro » Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 am

Astrid24 wrote:Eligibility criteria: I don't know but I've had ILR since I was 16 & I'm now 24
Date of acknowledgement : 19/04/13 (received on the 27th)
Return of documents: 22/05/13 (received on 24/05/13)
Date of approval: Pending

Yes it is definitely not going to be before 15 days or more...if am guessing right.... before we hear from you so at least for a couple of weeks you can keep testing my method as more people get theirs back...by the way now they are completing those who applied at the end of April and starting Beginning of May... so Early May applicants your turn is end of next week.
all the same good luck!

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:55 am

Kennavarro wrote:
Astrid24 wrote:Eligibility criteria: I don't know but I've had ILR since I was 16 & I'm now 24
Date of acknowledgement : 19/04/13 (received on the 27th)
Return of documents: 22/05/13 (received on 24/05/13)
Date of approval: Pending

Yes it is definitely not going to be before 15 days or more...if am guessing right.... before we hear from you so at least for a couple of weeks you can keep testing my method as more people get theirs back...by the way now they are completing those who applied at the end of April and starting Beginning of May... so Early May applicants your turn is end of next week.
all the same good luck!
So hopefully according to your Calculation Method, I should be expecting mine in the next 2 weeks.

Applied on basis of Married to BC with ILR
Date of Application 25th April 2013
Debit of Money 7th May 2013
Acknowledgment letter 9th May 2013
Approval Letter : Still awaiting
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

JoILR
Newly Registered

Approval!

Post by JoILR » Thu May 30, 2013 10:11 am

Hi all,

I've just received my approval letter yesterday. Here is my time line

Eligibility criteria: 10 Yr long residence + ILR + spouse of BC
Applicants : Myself only
Method of application: NCS Hendon
Date of application with NCS: 16th April 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18th April 2013
Date of debit of fees: 23rd April 2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Around 26th April 2013 (dated 23rd April 2013)
Date of receipt of approval: 29th May 2013 (dated 23th May 2013)
Date of Ceremony: 19th June 2013

Good luck to you all :-)

Jo

alex68

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by alex68 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:39 am

Eligibility criteria: 5 Yrs+ 1 ILR
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 21 May 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 22 May 2013
Date of acknowledgement: 28 May 2013
Date of debit of fees: 28 May 2013
Date of approval: 10 Sep 2013
Last edited by alex68 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.