ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error in BRP expiry date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saga

Error in BRP expiry date

Post by Saga » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi guys,

I recently got BRP back from me and my dependents.

I was on the 3+2 years scheme, my initial visa being granted on 29th March 2010. I was supposed to get a 2 year extension to completer my 5 years for ILR.

The case worker has made a mistake and granted me a visa for 3 years lasting till 2016!

Will that effect my ILR application? Can I still apply after 5 years or should I get the date rectified?

Thanks!

krishna6693

Re: Error in BRP expiry date

Post by krishna6693 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:56 pm

Saga wrote:Hi guys,

I recently got BRP back from me and my dependents.

I was on the 3+2 years scheme, my initial visa being granted on 29th March 2010. I was supposed to get a 2 year extension to completer my 5 years for ILR.

The case worker has made a mistake and granted me a visa for 3 years lasting till 2016!

Will that effect my ILR application? Can I still apply after 5 years or should I get the date rectified?

Thanks!
I would suggest to inform UKBA to be on the safer side. Better to be sure before taking that it is absolutely ours :-)

Saga

Post by Saga » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:11 am

Yes I have written to them. Lets see what they reply.

Also, my visa expired on 29th March 2013 and they have granted a visa from 13th April 2013 ! Date of decision maybe, not date of expiry of previous visa.

Doesn't this apparently show that 'on record' I was not on any visa / not legal for the period from 30th March to 13th April 2013?

Saga

Post by Saga » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:12 am

Anyone else had a similar experience of errors in expiry/issue dates?

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:20 pm

FAQ: What is my immigration status while my application is being decided?
If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. You can continue to work until your case is decided if the conditions of your existing leave allows you to do so.

Saga

Post by Saga » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:57 am

Just to update, the UKBA replied that dates are fine and contact the case worker if I dispute.

I wrote to the case worker and got a call from him that under new Tier1 guidance everyone will get 3 years extension regardless of when the original Tier1 visa was issued. This will make no difference on the 5 year ILR.

anandpathak

wrong expiry date on Biometric -- Falling short of ILR

Post by anandpathak » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi Experts ,
Need your inputs on wrong biometric expiry date.
I applied for my secodn visa extension through Postal method and UKBA was kind enough te send me the Biometric Card within 22 days today :)
My happinesended when I saw the validity of the biometric permit.
As I has received my first Visa on 1st June 2010 ( applied 25th April 2010) , My initial Visa was of 2 years and extensions was expected to be of 3 years. I had even received my First extesion ( 8 month is Advance) in Nov 2011 for 3 years Valid till Nov 2014 . Shockingly This time the extesnion is only till April 2015 . This is obviously not acceptable as I will be due for ILR only in Oct 2015 . I was expecting the extension for 3 years so validity till April 2016 making my eligible for ILR.

I would like to know how this is corrected and how/Whom should I contact for correcting the same. Anybody with same error experience please shaer your thoughts. Its extremely critical as the mistake is on all biometrics ( Myself+ 3 dependents)

Thansk in advance for your help
Cheers
Anand

ukswus

Re: wrong expiry date on Biometric -- Falling short of ILR

Post by ukswus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:45 am

DELETED

paul4cakes
Newly Registered

Post by paul4cakes » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Saga wrote:Just to update, the UKBA replied that dates are fine and contact the case worker if I dispute.

I wrote to the case worker and got a call from him that under new Tier1 guidance everyone will get 3 years extension regardless of when the original Tier1 visa was issued. This will make no difference on the 5 year ILR.
is this really true? i think you may have just gotten lucky.. but if there is any such rule, please point it to the forum... from all what i have read if one gets 3 years initially then he/she will get only 2 years and if there is a shortfall in the 5 years required for ILR, then another extension will be needed..

tsleng
Newly Registered

Post by tsleng » Wed May 01, 2013 9:32 pm

Ok this is weird.

I had my extension recently and was going to post to ask for advice here and there it is this thread!

Anyway, my case as follows:

Initial grant 13 Aug 2010
Initial expiry 13 Aug 2013.

I applied for extension early as I have critical travelling to do around July Aug.

According to rules when I applied for extension, I would be classed under rules for 'after 10 June (IIRC) 2010' which require 100 points and extension is for 3 years.

I got back my BRP with only +2 years (not the 3 I expect). Same as Saga, I email to ask if there is an error and they said no, but contact case worker if dispute.

So, question is, (for Saga),

How did you contact the case worker? What did you write and how fast was the reply if you don't mind. Would be much appreciated.

However, for my case, further complicating things would be that my initial decision was the 'retrospective' one where they offered those affected by the maintenance policy (circa 2009) a reconsideration in 2010 July.

I am assuming either I get BRP corrected to 3 years, or I get clarification that I am under rules BEFORE '10 June 2010' so I need less points for extension next time round (different scale of points for salary too!).

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Thu May 02, 2013 2:44 pm

Hello there
I got my extension yesterday but all happiness faded a bit when i saw its only for 2 year. I was granted tier 1 general from
April 19 2011 to
April 19 2013.
Now they granted me from

April 27 2013 to
April 19 2015. What happened with 19 to 27 about 8 days.
We have emailed them and waiting for their response. But is it really possible that they only grant you 2 years??

anandpathak

Incorrect BRP Expiry - exten only 2 years insead of 3 years

Post by anandpathak » Fri May 03, 2013 9:52 am

Hi Both ,
I have also experieced the same issue . My recent SeCOND extension , I got a extension of only 2 years instead of three. My initial Visa ( applied on 13th April 2010 , started from 1st June 2010) was for two years and My first extension was of 3 years. I needed secodn extensiona s I entered UK late. UKBA screwed my happiness as even after 2nd extension I am falling short of ILR .

Anyway , In my opinion this is not as per rules. The guidance AS WELL AS Immigration RULE section 6B and 245CB clearly stipulate the duration for grant of Extension.
245CB. Period and conditions of grant
(a) Leave to remain will be granted for a period of 2 years, to an applicant who has, or was last granted, leave as
a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010.
(b) in all other cases, leave to remain will be granted for a period of 3 years.

To kick start the redressal process . I wrote a Email to BRPError and they reverted back swiftly in just 2 days saying the Validity end date is Printed correctly as per their received records. I was expecting this response and this appear to be a OUTCOME of a overzealeous / or Ignorant or careless or Misinformed case worker ( Team 14 ) . The BRP error team suggested me to contact the case worker for any clarification on the validity date.
I am in process of drafting the letter now.
Could you pls share your experience or reccomendation for taking this forward.
Cheers
Anand
Last edited by anandpathak on Mon May 13, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaq_jack
Newly Registered

Re: Incorrect BRP Expiry - exten only 2 years insead of 3 ye

Post by shaq_jack » Thu May 09, 2013 5:24 pm

Hello Anand,
Have you had any response from the Below case as I am on the same ship they grant me the visa which is short for only 9days. Please let me know what measures you had took to deal with this matter.

Regards,
Shaq
anandpathak wrote:Hi Both ,
I have also experieced the same issue . My recent SeCOND extension , I got a extension of only 2 years instead of three. My initial Visa ( applied on 13th April 2010 , started from 1st June 2010) was for two years and My first extension was of 3 years. I needed secodn extensiona s I entered UK late. UKBA screwed my happiness as even after 2nd extension I am falling short of ILR .

Anyway , In my opinion this is not as per rules. The guidance AS WELL AS Immigration RULE section 6B and 245CB clearly stipulate the duration for grant of Extension.
(a) Leave to remain will be granted for a period of 2 years, to an applicant who has, or was last granted, leave as
(b) in all other cases, leave to remain will be granted for a period of 3 years.

To kick start the redressal process . I wrote a Email to BRPError and they reverted back swiftly in just 2 days saying the Validity end date is Printed correctly as per their received records. I was expecting this response and this appear to be a OUTCOME of a overzealeous / or Ignorant or careless or Misinformed case worker ( Mr Philip Bates , Team 14 ) . The BRP error team suggested me to contact the case worker for any clarification on the validity date.
Cheers
Anand

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Fri May 10, 2013 9:39 am

Hi Shaq ,
After getting the response from BRPerror team that they have the same date (wrong in my opinion)record and they told me the contact the case worker if I feel its incorrect . They also shared the postal address of case worked in mail. I already ahd it from the bdocument envelope.
1. I have sent a Letter by Post to the case worker day before yesterday.Attaching the Rule245CB and Guidance snippet .I havent sent the BRP card yet.
2. I also sent a EMAIL to ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
You may reffer similar situation faced by another person below

3.I did also talk to the UKBA call centre and the lady told me to send me the BRP back but I dont belive a Personal Verbal opinion matters so I am not sending the BRP now and wait for written responses from the Complain mailbox and caseworker.
http://www​.immigrati​onboards.c​om/viewtop​ic.php?t=1​13954&post​days=0&pos​torder=asc​&start=20

I suggest you also take teh same action and keep the forum posted about any progress.

Cheers

Anand
shaq_jack wrote:Hello Anand,
Have you had any response from the Below case as I am on the same ship they grant me the visa which is short for only 9days. Please let me know what measures you had took to deal with this matter.

Regards,
Shaq

To kick start the redressal process . I wrote a Email to BRPError and they reverted back swiftly in just 2 days saying the Validity end date is Printed correctly as per their received records. I was expecting this response and this appear to be a OUTCOME of a overzealeous / or Ignorant or careless or Misinformed case worker ( Mr Philip Bates , Team 14 ) . The BRP error team suggested me to contact the case worker for any clarification on the validity date.
Cheers
Anand

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Fri May 10, 2013 7:04 pm

anandpathak wrote:Hi Shaq ,
After getting the response from BRPerror team that they have the same date (wrong in my opinion)record and they told me the contact the case worker if I feel its incorrect . They also shared the postal address of case worked in mail. I already ahd it from the bdocument envelope.
1. I have sent a Letter by Post to the case worker day before yesterday.Attaching the Rule245CB and Guidance snippet .I havent sent the BRP card yet.
2. I also sent a EMAIL to ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
You may reffer similar situation faced by another person below

3.I did also talk to the UKBA call centre and the lady told me to send me the BRP back but I dont belive a Personal Verbal opinion matters so I am not sending the BRP now and wait for written responses from the Complain mailbox and caseworker.
http://www​.immigrati​onboards.c​om/viewtop​ic.php?t=1​13954&post​days=0&pos​torder=asc​&start=20

I suggest you also take teh same action and keep the forum posted about any progress.

Cheers

Anand
shaq_jack wrote:Hello Anand,

Regards,
Shaq

Cheers
Anand

Anand

You will need to enclose your incorrect BRP if you are requesting for an amendment (and ultimately a new BRP).

By not enclosing your existing BRP, you are making the whole process longer. A caseworker can't issue you with a new card without cancelling your existing one.

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Mon May 13, 2013 11:46 am

I did not enclose the BRP card along with my Letter to Case worker as the Email from BRP error team specifically told me not to send the BRP card as of now and contact case worker first for getting the clarification on wrong BRP validity date.
The Call centre Lady on phone was TOOO quick to say send the BRP back to Case worker and see what the case worker thinks . I dont think she even tried to understand my problem and has any knowledge of RULES for Extesnion duration.

I havent heard from the case worker yet ..buts its only 4 working days ..and its UKBA
Cheers
Anand

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Mon May 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Hello Anand
Did you find any response from case worker? I had 2 years from 2011 to 2013 and was extended for 2 years rather than 3. My solicitor sent an email to brp team and they said the same as you mentioned we can dispute with the case worker.
Which we will pursue now , I found the 245CB on UKBA site but could't find the section rule 6B which you mentioned above any direct link for that please will be much appreciated.

regards

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Mon May 13, 2013 2:19 pm

mohramzan wrote:Hello Anand
Did you find any response from case worker? I had 2 years from 2011 to 2013 and was extended for 2 years rather than 3. My solicitor sent an email to brp team and they said the same as you mentioned we can dispute with the case worker.
Which we will pursue now , I found the 245CB on UKBA site but could't find the section rule 6B which you mentioned above any direct link for that please will be much appreciated.

regards
No worries. The rule 245CB is part of section 6B.
I have not received a response yet from the case worker(Royal Mail) or the Customer compamin Emailbox but as its only 4 working days , I am fine waiting for another 2 weeks . I am hopeful for getting the first response from Customer compains Emailbox so keeping my fingures crossed.
Is team 14 responsible for your sufferings or you have some other UKBA team screwing your happiness like mine.

It would be great if we can keep in touch and keep posting on your progress and I can also use your same Solicitor if my Caseworker comes up with some Filmsy excuse.

Cheers
Anand

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Mon May 13, 2013 2:33 pm

anandpathak wrote:
mohramzan wrote:Hello Anand

regards
No worries. The rule 245CB is part of section 6B.
I have not received a response yet from the case worker(Royal Mail) or the Customer compamin Emailbox but as its only 4 working days , I am fine waiting for another 2 weeks . I am hopeful for getting the first response from Customer compains Emailbox so keeping my fingures crossed.
Is team 14 responsible for your sufferings or you have some other UKBA team screwing your happiness like mine.

It would be great if we can keep in touch and keep posting on your progress and I can also use your same Solicitor if my Caseworker comes up with some Filmsy excuse.

Cheers
Anand
Just for my inquisitiveness could you please share the
Date of of your first Application :
Date of your first dicision
Initial Visa Validity Start date
Initial Visa validity end date
Your extension decision date and the BRP valid until date.

It would be very kind if you could also share (cut paste) your Solicitor letter to the Case worker which will help me and other sufferers on this Immigration Forum to frame our Mails to UKBA and Case worker.

Cheers
Anand

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Mon May 13, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks mate
Tier 1 general 19 April to 19 April 2013 (2 years)
Extension granted:-
27 April 2013 to 19 April 2015 (2 years)

Saga

Post by Saga » Mon May 13, 2013 4:47 pm

I got back my BRP with only +2 years (not the 3 I expect). Same as Saga, I email to ask if there is an error and they said no, but contact case worker if dispute.

So, question is, (for Saga),

How did you contact the case worker? What did you write and how fast was the reply if you don't mind. Would be much appreciated.
My problem was the other way round i.e supposed to be 2 but got 3!

Anyways, I contacted the case worker by post sent to his address by next day delivery registered mail. His postal address was forwarded to me by the BRPError email team. The case worker called me on my phone the very same day he received my letter and told me what I have written before.

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Mon May 13, 2013 5:30 pm

mohramzan wrote:Thanks mate
Tier 1 general 19 April to 19 April 2013 (2 years)
Extension granted:-
27 April 2013 to 19 April 2015 (2 years)
Thanks for the details .
This is more wierd than I was expecting . As your extension decision date was 27th April , the expected end date should have ATLEAST been 27th April 2015 . I wonder in which Bad mood the case worker gave you a Visa of less than 2 years. Seems UKBA like comfortably sleeping while giving extensions irrepective the Super high fee charged with super hikes every year. I think you have a clearcut case assuming you dont have any details intricacies like Appeal during first grant of visa .

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Fri May 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Any update from anybody in the same situation.
Its 2 weeks now and I havent heard anything from my Case worker in response of my Clarification Letter and the Email complain to the Complain mailbox of UKBA.

anybody listening :(

SLA says 20 days ..so seems they will follow SLA to the brim.

anandpathak

Received response

Post by anandpathak » Thu May 23, 2013 9:33 am

Hi Folks,
On Basis on my Email customer complain , I received a EMAIL response from a Case wroker (Different name) agreeing that there has been an error and he has requsted me to send ALL the BRP back for correction.

I received another Email response from cutomer care diector saying they are investigating my compain and get back to me in 20 days.
Cheers
Anand

T90

Post by T90 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:31 pm

My second Tier 1 visa extension was for 3 years...
3(intial) + 2 + 3

Didnt bother to ask the UKBA.