ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salman83

British Citizenship for spouse

Post by salman83 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi,

I and my wife recently got ILR. I spent five years in UK but my wife spent 3 years in UK so far.

My question is that after 12 months, I will get the citizenship. When my wife can apply for citizenship. After 12 months, she would have stayed for 4 years in UK.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship for spouse

Post by Amber » Mon May 27, 2013 6:26 pm

salman83 wrote:Hi,

I and my wife recently got ILR. I spent five years in UK but my wife spent 3 years in UK so far.

My question is that after 12 months, I will get the citizenship. When my wife can apply for citizenship. After 12 months, she would have stayed for 4 years in UK.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards.
Providing all other requirements have been met your spouse would be certain of naturalisation after you are British assuming you apply after 12 months ilr. However, there is some discretion to allow you to apply together in 12 months but its not guaranteed.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

failsafe
Newly Registered

Same isue here (Eligibility to apply for Naturalization)

Post by failsafe » Tue May 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your help last year, I was able to get ILR for myself and my missus.

11 months on, we are now at the next stage and I need your valuable advice one again...
----------------------------------------------------

I and my wife got the ILR in July 2012. (Because I had worked in the UK for past 5 years in right immigration categories)

My question is: Can my wife apply for naturalization with me ? as she has only been in the UK for 3+ years (less than 5 years).

Many many thanks in advance.

Failsafe.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Same isue here (Eligibility to apply for Naturalization)

Post by Amber » Tue May 28, 2013 1:54 pm

failsafe wrote:Hi Folks,

Thanks for your help last year, I was able to get ILR for myself and my missus.

11 months on, we are now at the next stage and I need your valuable advice one again...
----------------------------------------------------

I and my wife got the ILR in July 2012. (Because I had worked in the UK for past 5 years in right immigration categories)

My question is: Can my wife apply for naturalization with me ? as she has only been in the UK for 3+ years (less than 5 years).

Many many thanks in advance.

Failsafe.
Again, if she did so she would be relying on the discretion of the caseworker. For certainty she would need to wait until you're British or she has been resident for 5 years
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

failsafe
Newly Registered

Thanks,

Post by failsafe » Tue May 28, 2013 4:51 pm

Thanks for your reply much appreciated.

I think she will have to wait then.

Cheers.