ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences and Naturalisation Urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krudes
Newly Registered

Absences and Naturalisation Urgent

Post by krudes » Tue May 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm about to apply for naturalisation as the spouce of a BC and I've just realised while filling the form that I have more than the permitted absences . A grand total of 277. At UKBA's website it is suggested that they disregard absences upto 300 days however my question while filling the form do I need to mark 6.6 asking for discretion and explain myself at 6.7? or should I just fill the form as normal without marking them since absences up to 300 days are normaly disregarded.

Thanks for any guidance in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Absences and Naturalisation Urgent

Post by Amber » Tue May 28, 2013 9:50 pm

krudes wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm about to apply for naturalisation as the spouce of a BC and I've just realised while filling the form that I have more than the permitted absences . A grand total of 277. At UKBA's website it is suggested that they disregard absences upto 300 days however my question while filling the form do I need to mark 6.6 asking for discretion and explain myself at 6.7? or should I just fill the form as normal without marking them since absences up to 300 days are normaly disregarded.

Thanks for any guidance in advance.
Providing you meet the other requirements the caseworker will generally just disregard absences of 300 or less days. This will be done without your request.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

krudes
Newly Registered

Post by krudes » Tue May 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Thanks alot Amber I already feel quite releived. I do meet all the other requirements.

Just to clarify, should I apply as if I have less then 270 and not mention anything on the forms?

Thanks again for your reply.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue May 28, 2013 10:02 pm

krudes wrote:Thanks alot Amber I already feel quite releived. I do meet all the other requirements.

Just to clarify, should I apply as if I have less then 270 and not mention anything on the forms?

Thanks again for your reply.
Yes, the caseworkers are aware to generally disregard 300 or less days providing you meet all the other requirements.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

krudes
Newly Registered

Post by krudes » Tue May 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks alot! :)