ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Documents for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Skydive
Newly Registered

Supporting Documents for Spouse Visa

Post by Skydive » Tue May 28, 2013 8:32 pm

These questions are about documents you need to submit for a spouse visa (wife in pakistan who wants to join husband who is british citizen(born) in UK.

1. Which pages of the sponsor's british passport need to be photocopied and do they need to be certified in the UK by anyone?

2. All documents, such as P60, payslips, sponsorship letter, landlord registry, bank statements, etc - do they have to be originals that get submitted because when I have sponsored someone for a visit in the past at the VAC they would only let them submit photocopies and no originals at all. Just need clarification on this.

3. The other issue is that I'm not married yet but am engaged, so when I go to marry in a few months time I will take my documents with me, but by the time my wife goes to apply (because it takes time for english test, tb test etc) it may be a few months later, would I need to supply her with the more up to date bank statements, payslips etc?

How do I word a sponsorship letter if we're not married yet? is it ok to say that I intend to marry and am sponsoring my wife post-marriage? On this note do I need to get my sponsorship letter attested here in the UK?

What should I attest, documents wise in the UK and what needs to be attested documents wise in Pakistan?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Supporting Documents for Spouse Visa

Post by Amber » Tue May 28, 2013 9:58 pm

Skydive wrote:These questions are about documents you need to submit for a spouse visa (wife in pakistan who wants to join husband who is british citizen(born) in UK.

1. Which pages of the sponsor's british passport need to be photocopied and do they need to be certified in the UK by anyone?

2. All documents, such as P60, payslips, sponsorship letter, landlord registry, bank statements, etc - do they have to be originals that get submitted because when I have sponsored someone for a visit in the past at the VAC they would only let them submit photocopies and no originals at all. Just need clarification on this.

3. The other issue is that I'm not married yet but am engaged, so when I go to marry in a few months time I will take my documents with me, but by the time my wife goes to apply (because it takes time for english test, tb test etc) it may be a few months later, would I need to supply her with the more up to date bank statements, payslips etc?

How do I word a sponsorship letter if we're not married yet? is it ok to say that I intend to marry and am sponsoring my wife post-marriage? On this note do I need to get my sponsorship letter attested here in the UK?

What should I attest, documents wise in the UK and what needs to be attested documents wise in Pakistan?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions.
Have you look at Supporting documents guidance - settlement?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Skydive
Newly Registered

Post by Skydive » Wed May 29, 2013 3:27 pm

Thanks, that's a useful link.

Just one question;

With regards to things like the previous 6 months payslips, bank statements etc - do these have to be the last 6 months from date of application as a must? The reason for this question is because there may be a gap because of the length of time it takes to do the English test and get the result back, or is it best and more approrpiate to prepare and give supporting documents to your spouse right before the application date?

Would they refuse if the latest payslip, bank statement isn't present but the previous month's and 6 months prior are present?
Thanks.