ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yasin333
Newly Registered

ILR query

Post by yasin333 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:24 am

Hi Everyone

I have to submit my ilr application (10yrs) very soon, and theres 1 thing im confused about, and its stressing me out badly. Here goes: In Sep 2006, i was supposed to finish my law degree and my student visa finished in jan 2007. But that didnt happen as i failed a module. I then did a resit in January which i passed. The same month, i went to uni and spoke to a counsellor there who told me that i could send a student visa application to home office so that i could get a visa till september 2007 so i could attend graduation. Naive as i was i did that on the 31st jan, and shortly afterwards the whole application was sent back to me. The application wasnt refused but i was told to apply on visitor visa to attend graduation(a visitor visa apllication was enclosed). I then found another institution and sent back the forms for student visa but again it was sent back to me because my picture was not good. by then, its been more than 28 days since original application on 31st jan. My student visa for masters was granted in june 2007 for masters. My question is will that count as more than the '28 days gap allowed'? Will that application count as valid? coz although it was on time, will home office say it was invalid as i used the wrong form which they returned and then i overstayed? Does the picture count as mandatory requirement for application form to be valid? Please if someone could shed light on this for me?

many thanks

yasin333
Newly Registered

Post by yasin333 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:32 am

Hi again

If im not wrong, The application was sent back to me on a third occasion (i just finished uni - i dont know what i was doing) this time as i didnt have enough money on my account. Will that play against me? The only thing is every time they were returning me my application, i did send it back pretty much straightaway. Only for the one whereby i had to find another institution did it take me like 14 days? Your help will be much appreciated

yasin333
Newly Registered

Post by yasin333 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:21 am

I have read somewhere that the "28 day rule" start ticking from the day the application has been sent back to me to the day the application is sent back to them. Is that true?

In which case i should be fine. Can anyone help me on this?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 30, 2013 2:41 am

Did you apply for your SAR files, as suggested?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

yasin333
Newly Registered

Post by yasin333 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi vinny

i did not apply for the sar as suggested, my visa runs out in august, do you think its too late to apply now, or i should go with it? I have searched through my documents, i cannot find my details of when the date the docs/passport was sent back and subsequently sent back to them?

thanks