ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

christinp
Newly Registered
Canada

URGENT HELP

Post by christinp » Thu May 23, 2013 9:54 am

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if someone can help me.

My current visa expires on June 3, 2013 and I am on a PSW visa.

My company has applied for sponsorship, but we are still waiting for the results. Does anyone know if I have any leeway into when I apply? Is it right that I need to have sent my application before the 3rd of June? I read somewhere that there is a 28 day grace period, is that something I can use? Do I need to apply or notify someone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am desperately waiting for word back from my company on sponsorship!

Many thanks!

Christin

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu May 23, 2013 10:40 am

two options:

apply without a CoS befroe your leave expires.
Read the story of gameover_786 (first 6 pages only)
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

You have 28 days after the expiry of your leave to apply but will not get a right of appeal if your application is refused.

christinp
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by christinp » Mon May 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Does anyone know the chances of this working without the cos? I know it worked for game over but I was jut wondering if anyone else has had any luck? Thanks!!

damnmad
Australia

Post by damnmad » Tue May 28, 2013 10:11 am

There are many people who got this process working. Don't worry but fill every thing properly apart from your cos details section.
Never mind!!!

christinp
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by christinp » Tue May 28, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks so much for your help.

Just have another question, that might mess this up!

I've been working with the same company for almost 2 years and they have agreed to confirm maintenance of funds once they become a sponsor. Because I left this all a bit late, i didn't get the 900 pounds in my account until March 25th! Which will be 68 days on Friday.

What do you suggest my best bet is to do? Send bank statements for the days that i have? or just tick that my company has offered maintenance?

Thanks again everyone!! :)

damnmad
Australia

Post by damnmad » Tue May 28, 2013 12:33 pm

christinp wrote:Thanks so much for your help.

Just have another question, that might mess this up!

I've been working with the same company for almost 2 years and they have agreed to confirm maintenance of funds once they become a sponsor. Because I left this all a bit late, i didn't get the 900 pounds in my account until March 25th! Which will be 68 days on Friday.

What do you suggest my best bet is to do? Send bank statements for the days that i have? or just tick that my company has offered maintenance?

Thanks again everyone!! :)
Stick with your company's maintenance. It worked for me very well. All they need to just tick one option while assigning COS + may be just a letter from your company confirming that (not at all mandatory). If they tick that option you don't need to worry at all about that, i mean don't send any of your bank statements.

Good luck :D
Never mind!!!

vrk

Post by vrk » Thu May 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Yes you can apply without COS. But you need to get a letter from your employer stating their license number and confirming that they will give the details as soon as COS is granted.

christinp
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by christinp » Thu May 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Thanks for all your help everyone!

I got some terrible news today. My company has been declined a sponsor license and due to limited time frames and unable to fix the reason they were declined in that short period, they are not re-applying.

This means that as of Monday, June 3rd, my leave expires. Just to confirm, do I only have 28 days to get out of the country? is there any way around it so i can stay longer?

I appreciate I am classified as an overstayer from Monday, but just thought I would check my options.

I have been with my partner for 3 years, but we have only lived together for 1 so we are unable to apply as common law? Is my only option to come back in the country to get married?

Thanks

christinp
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by christinp » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:49 am

anyone have any ideas?

VickyImmy

Post by VickyImmy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:27 am

The 28 days overstay is only for people who are considering to submit an VISA application within 28 days of their expiry date with valid reasons. This ensures that their VISA does not get refused automatically. Because any application made beyond 28 days will be refused whatsoever unless you have exceptional circumstances like serious illness, theft of documents, etc.

However, you should not overstay even by a day if you are not planning to make an application within 28 days of your VISA expiry. This will adversely affect your future VISA applications as well.

You have to return to your country and apply for TIER 2 General again. Meanwhile you should ask your company to pursue their sponsorship application. Once that's done you can apply for TIER 2 VISA. However, this requires RLMT to be satisfied and falls under restricted sponsorship. However, as you have been working for them for 2 years you should be fine.

Btw if your partner is a british national or settled person you can find other ways.

christinp
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by christinp » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:02 am

VickyImmy wrote:The 28 days overstay is only for people who are considering to submit an VISA application within 28 days of their expiry date with valid reasons. This ensures that their VISA does not get refused automatically. Because any application made beyond 28 days will be refused whatsoever unless you have exceptional circumstances like serious illness, theft of documents, etc.

However, you should not overstay even by a day if you are not planning to make an application within 28 days of your VISA expiry. This will adversely affect your future VISA applications as well.

You have to return to your country and apply for TIER 2 General again. Meanwhile you should ask your company to pursue their sponsorship application. Once that's done you can apply for TIER 2 VISA. However, this requires RLMT to be satisfied and falls under restricted sponsorship. However, as you have been working for them for 2 years you should be fine.

Btw if your partner is a british national or settled person you can find other ways.
Thanks for your help. I only found out on Thursday, and my visa expires on Monday. I am still trying to find ways in which I can stay in the country and am considering making a visa application. If I can't come up with a solution I will book a flight back to Canada.

My partner is a British citizen, what other ways can I find around this?

Thanks for your help!

damnmad
Australia

Post by damnmad » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:17 am

I am sorry to say this, but if you are looking to settle in UK in future or if you got chance by any other way it won't be good sign on your profile if you over stay after Monday. If you hope for something in future to visit this country better leave country and marry your gf in your home country then apply for dependent. Because if you overstay after (they might count that 28 day window period because it is only for ppl who applied for any type visa and who got a chance of appeal i think) the date it will be counted for your future applications.
This is just my idea or opinion which may do good for you or not. I am just assuming the situation and trying to let you know about future. I may be right or wrong.
Never mind!!!

christinp
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by christinp » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:29 am

I was told that I could apply under FLR? Will this work?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Are you married or living with your unmarried partner (akin to marriage) for at least two years?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

christinp
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by christinp » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:47 pm

We have been together for three years but have only lived together for one. Unfortunately we arent married, but are in a serious committed relationship. Getting married may have to be the next option.