ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Wed May 29, 2013 6:18 pm

rec212 wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:@Rec212,

As convoluted as your case sounds never lose face and hope. Wish you all the best

"Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate...... our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"
Well I think my wife might be pregnant but I am not too sure about a baby yet anyway. Would it make our case stronger if she was pregnant?

Thx!

:shock: it might! but you wouldn't want to risk it!!!
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm thinking of issueing ukba with a pre action protocol letter...What do you guys think?

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed May 29, 2013 8:18 pm

Welcome to the forum Bibiye and Believe.

@Believe...I'm sorry to hear about your application but never loose faith nor hope.The devil is a liar and I pray u get the decision over-turned and receive ur stay.So,it took them 2 months to decide just like tha with such a lousy excuse of the 20yrs rule but criminals can get a stay without sweating.Its shame how this system works but God will see u through this and all the best!My case is also similar to yours and pray that God answers for me at the HO.

@Bibiye....I applied same month as u and still waiting.Don't even mention ripping out hair...lol....I'm on my nails now as its a long wait.But,reckon patience is a virtue and we shall prevail eventually.Make sure u leave soe hair hey....lol

@Rec...all the best with ur new apploication and pray all goes well.Keep the faith and never loose hope.Keep us posted how u get on and reckon this time it will be a swift process for u!

God is in control and we receive our visas in Jesus name!!

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Wed May 29, 2013 8:21 pm

@Sanny26: GO for it mate!

@Keisha: AMEN! :wink:
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed May 29, 2013 8:25 pm

@Sanny....reckon u have the right to do that but give them till Friday..since 1st June will be start of summer...*wink*

@Cookies....*waves*....howz the going doll??

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:26 pm

Keisha wrote:@Sanny....reckon u have the right to do that but give them till Friday..since 1st June will be start of summer...*wink*

Ok hun will do that... :)

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Wed May 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Keisha wrote:@Sanny....reckon u have the right to do that but give them till Friday..since 1st June will be start of summer...*wink*

@Sanny: I agree with Keisha, Sanny!

@Keisha: Hey Hun! *waves back* looking forward to summer and a granted visa! Howz you?? :D
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

EB1227
Newly Registered

flro

Post by EB1227 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi Everyone I am new to this fourm here is my timeline
Application sent -june 16 2012
ack letter june 26 2012
bio taken-aug 23 2012
still wating
I have phoned the home offfice several times and they just say the same thing you have to be patience and wait,So I contacted my local mp and they phoned on my behalf and they told her thatall application are in a cue and at the moment they are dealing with cases who took their biometric in may of 2012. hopefullly everyone will recieve a reply soon

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:08 am

@believe

Wow the reasons for refusal is unbelieveabl, you been here for that long and aint they meant to consider your case based on outside the rules?? What's the point calling it outside the rules when they can't even apply abit of discretion to plain cases like your ( still in shock)

@rec

Am not a prefessional or I'm I highly informed with the ukba rules but from what I think making further application will still lead to same decision as you have been here for just 6month and from your previous post your visa was still valid when they refused you which they expected you to go back n apply from back home but now your an overstayer with no genuine reason for overstaying, they are calous people and will think your marriage is only to obtain a visa :( but I will advice you to keep gathering proves like photoes,bills, things like tha for abit longer before applying..... Like I said pal am not a professional just saying.

@EB1227

We are almost on the same scale applied 1st june still no reply rang and they said all application on flr o will be sorted by the end of summer

Lord help us all and I predict visas to all of us AMEN

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:32 am

Believe2013 wrote:Thank you for all the kind words and sympathy. Its places like these a lot of us find peace and solace. So basically I applied on the article 8 route via family life and private life. I sincerely regret not making my application before the 14 yr route was abolished. Dwelling on If's and buts doesn’t really solve anything now - I couldn’t at that time because I was missing vital evidence from HRMC which arrived 4 weeks after that route was abolished. Then someone will no doubt flag up why I didn't do it in 2010 November? Like I said it is what it is.

My Lawyers submitted my FLR (o) on my behalf. Background of the case

1) Been in the UK almost 17 years. I have two degrees I self-funded
2) Had a very well paid job hence being reluctant to leave it. Contributed over £8000 in tax and NI per annum for the last 14 years or so. paid poll tax and a regular charity donor and fundraiser in my community
3) No kids or wife
4) Mother and sister British are citizens successfully claimed asylum in 2009. All my cousins Aunties and uncles are British citizens too via the asylum route and I have no social cultural ties back home. No home or close relative to put me up should I be returned to my country of origin
5) I am of good character never been convicted of a crime and never stepped inside a police station
6) Always very self-sufficient not once did I recourse to public funds wouldn’t know what to do if I had to.

Grounds for refusal

1) Not met the 20 year criteria as the 14 yr rule was abolished. Yes I understand but this point can be argued in spirit and longer periods than the 14yr rule are very much applicable under article 8.

2) I left my home country a 20 year old and therefore I had established social and cultural ties back home. - Again supporting letters & biometrics of my immediate family & extended family who claimed asylum successfully with whom my social familial and cultural ties are with are all British citizens now. You are entitled to have one family life and I do not chose my relations, they happen to be British now and should anything happen to me they too are victims again article 8. Family life doesn’t solely mean I have to have kids and a wife NOT AT ALL.

3) I spent half of my adult life in my home country- Rubbish you are considered an adult as of 18 and you start to live an adult life as of 18. So in essence I have spent most my adult life in the UK bar 2years.

Like I said ILLOGICAL AND SPECULATIVE. Article 8 is a very powerful tool when analysed in depth. Guys do not lose faith or hope. We will prevail.
@ believe,

sorry to hear about your refusal.
I am assuming based on your comments that you might have mistakenly ticked the section of human rights application based on 20years whilst completing the FLR(O) form, hence the in-experienced caseworker who inadvertedly looking for ways not to grant an application seized the opportunity.

funny enough, the law states that so long an application is valid, caseworker should consider all aspects of immigration rules covering the applicant including conditions outside the rules before granting or refusal (Am sure this is not considered).

Are you offered a right to appeal?

Further more, UKBA have explicitly stated that you cannot vary your leave wiithin UK as a visitor, hence if you are here as a visitor and not yet overstayed technically such application will be refused, the question now is was your visitor visa cancelled?

If you don't mindcan you advise the forum where you are from originally, it might worth you check performance scale on FLR(M) applications submitted from your country, assuming not too bad , I would personally suggest making an out of country FLR(M) application so long you are in a genuine relationship and you feel your wife will meet up with both financial/maintenance aspect of the rule.(this will really save you time compared to going down the appeal route, money compared to paying solicitors costs and you will in no time have control of your life) and good thing is for family cases they cannot use previous refused application as a factor against merits of your grant.

last option, assuming you feel you and your wife cannot satisfy the financial / maintenance limb of the requirement is to re-submit and FLR(O) applications when your visitor visa have expired and make sure you submit loads of documents to prove you are in a subsisting relationship and your family life is here, it will help if they see reasons why your life cannot leave with you abroad e.g she's working here etc.

Please be strong and in situations like this, you just have to raise your heads up.

I was previously in your situation and if i had a good advise then would have been naturalised by now but unfortunately still making application to renew my leave to remain for another 3 years. ( I submitted FLRM which was refused and I wasted 2 years fighting with UKBA only to be granted 3 years discretionary leave to remain in 2010 - If I had returned to my country and submit the application, would have been granted 2 years which will entitle me to indefinate leave to remain in 2011 and naturalise by 2012 as spouse of British Citizen and with 4 British kids).

I wish you all the best mate.
FLR(O) 2013
Application sent: 7.5.2013
Received by UKBA: 8.5.2013
Payment taken: 9.5.2013.
Ack letter: Received 13.5.2013
Biometrics letter received: 17.5.2013
Biometrics done: 17.5.2013.
Final outcome: Application GRANTED 5.6.13

shea
Newly Registered

Re: flro

Post by shea » Thu May 30, 2013 8:41 am

EB1227 wrote:Hi Everyone I am new to this fourm here is my timeline
ack letter june 26 2012
bio taken-aug 23 2012
still wating
I have phoned the home offfice several times and they just say the same thing you have to be patience and wait,So I contacted my local mp and they phoned on my behalf and they told her thatall application are in a cue and at the moment they are dealing with cases who took their biometric in may of 2012. hopefullly everyone will recieve a reply soon
Ukba are nothing but liars, my husband did his bio in April 2012 and still waiting.

They said they will clear their desk by summer now they are saying "by end of summer" soon they will move it to winter, so sick of their sh!t. Arghhhhhhh

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu May 30, 2013 9:15 am

shea wrote:
ack letter june 26 2012
bio taken-aug 23 2012
still wating
Ukba are nothing but liars, my husband did his bio in April 2012 and still waiting.

They said they will clear their desk by summer now they are saying "by end of summer" soon they will move it to winter, so sick of their sh!t. Arghhhhhhh
True my friend I called on Tuesday a man said n I quite " we have some few flro left and by summer we aim to finish it" then I asked when u say by summer what do u mean is there an exact date or month. All he said was I can't tell

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:16 am

shea wrote:
ack letter june 26 2012
bio taken-aug 23 2012
still wating

@ EB1227

I will advise 2 things:

1. Please get your husband to ring UKBA atleast to check the application is on their system awaiting to be completed.

2. Get your husband to write a letter to UKBA stating all details of his application and requesting update on the application. Please ensure the letter is sent using special delivery.

I believe this 2 things will either idnetify application on their system and you will be suprised in the cause of them trying to locate the application they most likely will have a look at it and complete it same period.

I wish you all the best and hopefully we'll all get the good news soon.
FLR(O) 2013

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:19 am

@onlyme1 @oishola - Thanks guys

It's habitual - the last thing I do before going to bed is to check this forum and I wake up to this Forum.

Top of the morning to you all. Good luck guys

11akb

Post by 11akb » Thu May 30, 2013 10:25 am

majojo wrote:
shea wrote:
ack letter june 26 2012
bio taken-aug 23 2012
still wating

True my friend I called on Tuesday a man said n I quite " we have some few flro left and by summer we aim to finish it" then I asked when u say by summer what do u mean is there an exact date or month. All he said was I can't tell
Hi your timeline very similar applied in June and bio in August still waiting for decision

elastep

Post by elastep » Thu May 30, 2013 11:01 am

ack letter june 26 2012
bio taken-aug 23 2012
still wating
Hello all, I have been following the report on this site for a while now and here is my timeline.

Application and payment sent through lawyer

Late Dec 2012
Ack letter Jan 2013
Bio letter sent 12 April 2013 recived by the old law firm I used 18 April 2013. They did not inform me that I was sent a Bio letter.
It was 4 day befor the dedline that someone who knew my new lawyer called her and told her that she just saw a letter from the HO for me and that it will expire in 4 days time and I quickely went and collectd it.
Bio taken 1 May 2013
Decision Still Waiting:
My six months mark is in late June and then if I have heard noting from them then I, will start calling HO.
All this waiting and not knowing what is going on is giving me sleepless night and depression :!: :(
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

elastep

Post by elastep » Thu May 30, 2013 11:44 am

elastep wrote:
ack letter june 26 2012
bio taken-aug 23 2012
still wating
Hello all, I have been following the report on this site for a while now and here is my timeline.

Late Dec 2012
Ack letter Jan 2013
Bio letter sent 12 April 2013 recived by the old law firm I used 18 April 2013. They did not inform me that I was sent a Bio letter.
It was 4 day befor the dedline that someone who knew my new lawyer called her and told her that she just saw a letter from the HO for me and that it will expire in 4 days time and I quickely went and collectd it.
Bio taken 1 May 2013
Decision Still Waiting:
My six months mark is in late June and then if I have heard noting from them then I, will start calling HO.
All this waiting and not knowing what is going on its giving me sleepless night and depression :!: :(
Outcome:

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu May 30, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi everyone....hope all is well with u!

@Ela and Eb1227.....welcome to the forum and all the best with your application forms.

@Cookies....I'm fine thanks doll by His grace and mercy.Still waiting and really not even gonna bother calling HO,as might end up lashing out on them.As for summer,will wait for it and also start shedding some pounds due to this freakin waiting....*hidesface*

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:49 pm

elastep wrote:
ack letter june 26 2012
bio taken-aug 23 2012
still wating

Late Dec 2012
Ack letter Jan 2013
Bio taken 1 May 2013
Decision Still Waiting:
All this waiting and not knowing what is going on is giving me sleepless night and depression :!: :(
@ EB1227

You can make progress checks on your application 4weeks after biometric enrolment but atimes you will find that those telephone receptionists will tell you 12 weeks from when you enrol your biometrics, you are therefore technically due to check for progress on your application by 30.5.2013 or at the latest 18.7.2013. Hopefully you will get your positive result soon and all the best.
FLR(O) 2013

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:51 pm

oishola77778 wrote:
elastep wrote:
ack letter june 26 2012
bio taken-aug 23 2012
still wating

Late Dec 2012
Ack letter Jan 2013
Bio taken 1 May 2013
Decision Still Waiting:
@ EB1227

You can make progress checks on your application 4weeks after biometric enrolment but atimes you will find that those telephone receptionists will tell you 12 weeks from when you enrol your biometrics, you are therefore technically due to check for progress on your application by 30.5.2013 or at the latest 18.7.2013. Hopefully you will get your positive result soon and all the best.

sorry my comments should be directed to 'elastep'
FLR(O) 2013

oishola77778

Re: hiii

Post by oishola77778 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm

rec212 wrote:
lekmat01 wrote:@rec212
I saw all your post since you were refused,I need you to answer my questions please.Did you have a british wife and british children? The reason is that I was on 5yrs visiting visa and was granted a resident permit And also my cousin she was an overstayer for 10yrs but she had a twins who HO granted citizenship under 10yrs rules and llast week she was granted resident permit as well,it took her application just 4 weeks.So please I need your answer because you need to know what you will do before paying an extra money again...
I am married to a british citizen but i dont have any children yet.
I have been here for 6 months so far on a visitor visa whic has now expired
That is why i am making a new application

@ rec

I would rather advise you re-submit FLR(O) application since your visitor visa has now expired, making sure you include as much as possible documents / proof to show your marriage is genuine, you also need to include documents to show you and your partner would satisfy maintenance and accomodation requirements and possibly indicate why it will be difficult for you to submit FLR(M) abroad e.g wife working and if you have job offers already here etc. I think you have a good case that just need proper packaging and presentation.

I wish you all the best.
FLR(O) 2013

oishola77778

Re: Pre protocol action

Post by oishola77778 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Al Haqq wrote:Hello everyone,

Please, can anyone provide me the contact phone number or fax for HO, to which I can direct my Pre Action Protocol enquirers to.

This is because the required 14 days has elapsed and I have not received any acknowledgement from the HO, although I am sure they received the PAP.

I am handling this myself because I can not afford a lawyer. I have currently got the number for application inquiries.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you

@ Al Haqq

Please direct your PAP to the below:

FAX: 02081963526

Email: UKBAPAP@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk

All the best.
FLR(O) 2013

elastep

Post by elastep » Thu May 30, 2013 2:13 pm

oishola77778 wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
elastep wrote:
ack letter june 26 2012
bio taken-aug 23 2012
still wating

Late Dec 2012
Ack letter Jan 2013
Bio taken 1 May 2013
Decision Still Waiting:
@ EB1227

@ oishola77778

Thanks for your comment. I didn't know about the 4weeks and 12weeks checks after Bio and now I can give them a call without worrying about getting my MP involved or waiting for the six months mark.
Outcome:

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:42 pm

elastep wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
elastep wrote:

Late Dec 2012
Ack letter Jan 2013
Bio taken 1 May 2013
Decision Still Waiting:
@ EB1227

@ oishola77778

Thanks for your comment. I didn't know about the 4weeks and 12weeks checks after Bio and now I can give them a call without worrying about getting my MP involved or waiting for the six months mark.

@ elastep

Please feel free to make progress check - 08706067766 but you might find they are not very helpful after the very long queue to get answer on the other end of the phone. UKBA :evil: :twisted:
FLR(O) 2013

EB1227
Newly Registered

flro

Post by EB1227 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi Everyone Thanks for all the replies, The application I put in was for a extension, I did'nt think it would take this long this time around as everything should be straight foward and my circumstances have not changed. but i should have known from the last time when it took them 3 and a half years to process my last application.The home office really need to get their finger out and start hiring people who are qualifed and have experience in dealing with cases quickly. It is not fair that all of us have to wait years and put out lifes on hold because their staff is not qualifed to deal with certain cases. Hopefully we all will recieve good news soon