ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NI number- finishing with wrong letter in payslips

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ready01
Newly Registered

NI number- finishing with wrong letter in payslips

Post by ready01 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi All,
I have 1 week for PEO appointment but found an issue in NI number mis-match in documents;

First 2 years I worked for a company with my correct NI number as
NK XX XX XX A (A at the end)
Pay slips and P60 having NI NK XX XX XX A (A at the end);

Next 3years I worked for another company but my NI number used was NK XX XX XX D (D at the end)
Pay slips and P60 for this period are having NI NK XX XX XX D (D at the end);

Apart from 'D' instead of 'A' in NI number rest are same; I don't have any time now and ready to go for PEO;

Do you think this will be an issue or advice in this case please?
Thank you very much
Ready01

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: NI number- finishing with wrong letter in payslips

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:18 pm

ready01 wrote:Hi All,
I have 1 week for PEO appointment but found an issue in NI number mis-match in documents;

First 2 years I worked for a company with my correct NI number as
NK XX XX XX A (A at the end)
Pay slips and P60 having NI NK XX XX XX A (A at the end);

Next 3years I worked for another company but my NI number used was NK XX XX XX D (D at the end)
Pay slips and P60 for this period are having NI NK XX XX XX D (D at the end);

Apart from 'D' instead of 'A' in NI number rest are same; I don't have any time now and ready to go for PEO;

Do you think this will be an issue or advice in this case please?
Thank you very much
Ready01
National Insurance Nos. for security reasons are given : Two Letters ,six Numbers and end with letters A,B,C or D.You should check with HMRC or the Socila Security Office regarding this. Other wise speak to your Company's Payroll Department. How come you did not realise this for all this time??
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

ready01
Newly Registered

NI number issue

Post by ready01 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:27 pm

Thank you,

I called HMRC NI and they said they are not using the last character of the NI and for them it doesn't matter;

and if possible take a letter from Employer saying that they processed the Payroll with wrong last character for me;

Anyway with this issue at last few days made my straight forward application to a tentative application;

what to do but I will go with a letter from the employer next week to PEO;

Thank you
Ready01