ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oishola77778

Re: flro

Post by oishola77778 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:35 pm

EB1227 wrote:Hi Everyone Thanks for all the replies, The application I put in was for a extension, I did'nt think it would take this long this time around as everything should be straight foward and my circumstances have not changed. but i should have known from the last time when it took them 3 and a half years to process my last application.The home office really need to get their finger out and start hiring people who are qualifed and have experience in dealing with cases quickly. It is not fair that all of us have to wait years and put out lifes on hold because their staff is not qualifed to deal with certain cases. Hopefully we all will recieve good news soon
@ EB1227

Can you please share extension on what grounds is your application?
FLR(O) 2013
Application sent: 7.5.2013
Received by UKBA: 8.5.2013
Payment taken: 9.5.2013.
Ack letter: Received 13.5.2013
Biometrics letter received: 17.5.2013
Biometrics done: 17.5.2013.
Final outcome: Application GRANTED 5.6.13

EB1227
Newly Registered

flro

Post by EB1227 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:04 pm

hi my extension is based on family life in the uk.my husband and two children are all british citizens

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:45 pm

EB1227 wrote:hi my extension is based on family life in the uk.my husband and two children are all british citizens
@ EB1227

Thanks for sharing the information, do you and your partner work in the UK? Am assuming you were married before your initial grant?I can only but assume the only cause of your delay is the backlog UKBA is struggling to deal with and your case should usually be straight forward.
FLR(O) 2013

Al Haqq

Re: Pre protocol action

Post by Al Haqq » Fri May 31, 2013 1:15 am

oishola77778 wrote:
Al Haqq wrote:Hello everyone,

Please, can anyone provide me the contact phone number or fax for HO, to which I can direct my Pre Action Protocol enquirers to.

This is because the required 14 days has elapsed and I have not received any acknowledgement from the HO, although I am sure they received the PAP.

I am handling this myself because I can not afford a lawyer. I have currently got the number for application inquiries.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you

@ Al Haqq

Please direct your PAP to the below:

FAX: 02081963526

Email: UKBAPAP@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk

All the best.
@oishola77778
Thank you for the response. I have already sent the PAP, I am just trying to get a response. I understand it is not advisable to send more than one PAP. However thank you for the information I may still write to this contacts requesting a response to the PAP.
Thanks

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:58 am

Hello every1

What does LTR on compassionate grounds mean?

PM contacted me again saying that ukba are looking into my case which falls on compassionate grounds for LTR but that's not what I applied for .

Ground of my application.

Domestic violence from father back home.....(With picture evidence of serious scars I got from the violence) n he dumped me here when I was 13yrs since thwn no contact with him or any1 back home.

Came in uk age 13yrs been here for 5yrs+ ...schooled n attended college here....provided my school n college certs with letters from my teachers too n proof of when I entered uk.

Applied as a minor at d age 17yrs.....made clear to then that an minor overstayer is not an offender

Been in a serious relationship with a british girl for more than 3years.....evidence of our relationship and her birth certificate with letter signed by her n her parent confirming we been together since high school n pictures of me n my gf and my friends too.

I applied based on article 8 now they saying LTR on compassionate grounds.

Helpp :(

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:04 am

ONLYME1 wrote:Hello every1

PM contacted me again saying that ukba are looking into my case which falls on compassionate grounds for LTR but that's not what I applied for .

Domestic violence from father back home.....(With picture evidence of serious scars I got from the violence) n he dumped me here when I was 13yrs since thwn no contact with him or any1 back home.

Came in uk age 13yrs been here for 5yrs+ ...schooled n attended college here....provided my school n college certs with letters from my teachers too n proof of when I entered uk.

Applied as a minor at d age 17yrs.....made clear to then that an minor overstayer is not an offender

Been in a serious relationship with a british girl for more than 3years.....evidence of our relationship and her birth certificate with letter signed by her n her parent confirming we been together since high school n pictures of me n my gf and my friends too.

grant under compassionate grounds will attract secretary of state exercising discretion in your favour - this is usually discretionary leave to remain which I presume is what you are expecting.

all the best mate.
FLR(O) 2013

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:10 am

Thanks pal

But is it still based on article 8 or are they considering to grant me smething else?

Thanks for your time

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:00 am

ONLYME1 wrote:Thanks pal

But is it still based on article 8 or are they considering to grant me smething else?

Thanks for your time

Its still human rights, my first discretionary was on compassionate grounds and they gave me 3 year Ltr, im just waiting on the extension now.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:06 am

@sanny26

Alright fingers crossed now just have to wait now hopefully a possitive outcome

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri May 31, 2013 1:22 pm

oishola77778 wrote:
elastep wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
@ EB1227

You can make progress checks on your application 4weeks after biometric enrolment but atimes you will find that those telephone receptionists will tell you 12 weeks from when you enrol your biometrics, you are therefore technically due to check for progress on your application by 30.5.2013 or at the latest 18.7.2013. Hopefully you will get your positive result soon and all the best.

sorry my comments should be directed to 'elastep'

@ oishola77778

Thanks for your comment. I didn't know about the 4weeks and 12weeks checks after Bio and now I can give them a call without worrying about getting my MP involved or waiting for the six months mark.

@ elastep

Please feel free to make progress check - 08706067766 but you might find they are not very helpful after the very long queue to get answer on the other end of the phone. UKBA :evil: :twisted:
@ oishola77778

Thanks for the contact number. I just called UKBA and had to wait for only 1min before someone answered my call. The dragon at the entrance of the castle of :twisted: told me that "sorry I can't give out any information regarding your case. You should call 12weeks after your Bio. Thank you " :(
So people, the long journey of my 8weeks of waiting time begins except if they decide to contact me say preferably tomorrow with good news of cause . :lol:
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Fri May 31, 2013 2:04 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:Hello every1

Hey ONLY and guys: isn't LTR (leave to remain?) it's looking promising ONLY!! :D It doesn't matter what you get as long as you are allowed to stay! woohoo!! Keep us updated, you will definitely get this and be able to carry on with your life! Good luck!!! :D
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Help with diffucult phase in life

Post by Casa » Fri May 31, 2013 2:12 pm

UK-Tiers wrote:Dear All

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need your educated opinions on this.

Unfortunately me and my partner seperated and that person left (gone back home) in April, that person was here as my depended on Tier 1, now I am a PR holder and want to sponsor someone else as my spouse.

We (me and the first person) were married back home, if I have to make this second person as my dependent, should I need a divorce certificate? Is it a must? As it can take a long time, and the person I want to be with's visa is expiring soon.

Please advise
Please don't continue to post the same post throughout the forum

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:57 pm

@cookie

Thanks pal I really hope for good news really and I don't mind now whatever they like let them issue as long as I get to stay :D

I will update you guys and hope GOD grants us all

AMEN

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:22 pm

elastep wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
elastep wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:

sorry my comments should be directed to 'elastep'

@ oishola77778

Thanks for your comment. I didn't know about the 4weeks and 12weeks checks after Bio and now I can give them a call without worrying about getting my MP involved or waiting for the six months mark.

@ elastep

Please feel free to make progress check - 08706067766 but you might find they are not very helpful after the very long queue to get answer on the other end of the phone. UKBA :evil: :twisted:
@ oishola77778

Thanks for the contact number. I just called UKBA and had to wait for only 1min before someone answered my call. The dragon at the entrance of the castle of :twisted: told me that "sorry I can't give out any information regarding your case. You should call 12weeks after your Bio. Thank you " :(
So people, the long journey of my 8weeks of waiting time begins except if they decide to contact me say preferably tomorrow with good news of cause . :lol:

Well tomorrow makes 3 months since ive done my bio and i aint gona bother call because they probably move it from 12 weeks to 16...these people hearts are so cold.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:33 am

@Ela....I like ur sense of humour,ur such a nutter....lol.At least puts a smile on some of us despite the long wait!

@Only....sounds promising and try not to stress.

Happy weekend eerbody!!

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:46 pm

8 months since i applied, 12 weeks now since i have done my biometric,really hoping and praying for a break through next week.... Never been under so much stress before.... :(

es2013
United Kingdom

overstayer needing help

Post by es2013 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:54 pm

hello everyone, congs to all those that got their good news;
AM an overstayer who is due to give birth anytime this month. My partner is british and we are looking to legalize my stay. We are not married. I dont work, and living on one wage means we cant afford both solicitor fees and application fees together. I know the case is considered complicated but has any of you done your own research and produced your own evidence without the using a solicitor. What are the chances of being successful? Urgent advice please stressed and exhausted.
Thanks and good luck to those waiting for their responses

ale001

Post by ale001 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:08 pm

Now am frustrated....

Should i withdraw my application now? :( :( :( :( :(

It's now over a year since i applied..

I've done biometric since 19th July 2012...

Very very frustrating...

Thinking of withdrawing..

My application is base on protection/human rights/compassionate :(

U think withdrawing is not a good idea?
Ale001

elastep

Post by elastep » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:48 pm

ale001 wrote:Now am frustrated....

Very very frustrating...

@ ale001

Yes.

Firstly, why don't you try sending them email and requesting information on the Freedom of Information Act or get your MP to contact them on your behalf.
Secondly, it might get their attention if you threaten them with a Judical review because that is one expensive business they do not want to get tangled in.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

cookies
Scotland

Re: overstayer needing help

Post by cookies » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:56 pm

es2013 wrote:hello everyone, congs to all those that got their good news;
AM an overstayer who is due to give birth anytime this month. My partner is british and we are looking to legalize my stay. We are not married. I dont work, and living on one wage means we cant afford both solicitor fees and application fees together. I know the case is considered complicated but has any of you done your own research and produced your own evidence without the using a solicitor. What are the chances of being successful? Urgent advice please stressed and exhausted.
Thanks and good luck to those waiting for their responses
Hi Es!

Can you tell us more? How long have you been with your partner? How long have you been LIVING with your partner? How long have you been in the UK? And how long have you overstayed? What visa were you on before you overstayed?

Welcome to the forum!
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:38 pm

hey forumies!

I found this earlier while browsing, and I found it to be quite an interesting read.
Hope this helps
http://www.rightsofwomen.org.uk/pdfs/Le ... ly2012.pdf

happy wkend!
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

ale001

Post by ale001 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:11 am

elastep wrote:

Very very frustrating...

@ ale001

Yes.

Firstly, why don't you try sending them email and requesting information on the Freedom of Information Act or get your MP to contact them on your behalf.
Secondly, it might get their attention if you threaten them with a Judical review because that is one expensive business they do not want to get tangled in.
I have sent them letters many times. The last reply i got from them was that they will reply me in 20 working days.. but they don't reply. My MP don't even respond anymore.. I'm fed up.. and loosing hope.. :cry:

I have done everything i can by writing them many times and involving my MP, but all to no avail... Non of them is even respond now... I have prepared another letter last night again to send to them and my MP again for the last time, if no response, then i have no choice than to withdraw my application.

What do u think guys?
Ale001

kuruvi

Post by kuruvi » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:31 am

You may mention in your letter to UKBA that you will be initiating Pre-Action Protocol to take them to court if you don't hear from them in 20 days time.

This may tell them how disappointed you are and need an answer from them.
Last edited by kuruvi on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

11akb

Post by 11akb » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:31 am

elastep wrote:

Very very frustrating...

@ ale001

Yes.

Hi this month it's going to be one year of waiting since I submitted my application I have try everything to chase but no use its so furstating hope to get some news this month and than judicial review

ale001

Post by ale001 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:20 am

kuruvi wrote:You may mention in your letter to UKBA that you will be initiating Pre-Action Protocol to take them to court if you don't hear from them in 20 days time.

This may tell them how disappointed you are and need an answer from them.
Is it advisable to take UKBA to court if they don't respond within 20 working days about ur complain for an update on your application u made over a year?
Ale001