ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

who know "academic reference" means what???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Seline
Newly Registered

who know "academic reference" means what???

Post by Seline » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:58 am

as a evidence to show achievement
i don't know what meaning of "academic reference" and "industry reference".
somebody explain it for me please :oops:

scholarship/research reward means money to support one's research?
if gov give much money to a work group (i'm a member of it) to support its research work, can it be a evidence to show my achievement?
or
a sholarship i got in my university ?that was so long ago and for my hard study [/b]

hk_007

Re: who know "academic reference" means what???

Post by hk_007 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:40 pm

Seline wrote:as a evidence to show achievement
i don't know what meaning of "academic reference" and "industry reference".
somebody explain it for me please :oops: [/b]
Academic reference - A reference letter from your Professor/Instructor/Teacher praising you as wonderful and hardworking student ':wink:'

Industry reference - From your boss if you are working in a company/industry/firm stating that you are a great worker and helped make the company millions of pounds in profit '8)'
Seline wrote:scholarship/research reward means money to support one's research?
if gov give much money to a work group (i'm a member of it) to support its research work, can it be a evidence to show my achievement? or
a sholarship i got in my university ?that was so long ago and for my hard study[/b]
It must be a scholarship you personally have received for studying or research for e.g. to carry out Ph.D. If you got a certificate or citation for being the student with the highest marks or a medal for being on top of your class then it is considered to be an award.

Seline
Newly Registered

Post by Seline » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:54 pm

Academic reference - A reference letter from your Professor/Instructor/Teacher praising you as wonderful and hardworking student ':wink:'

Industry reference - From your boss if you are working in a company/industry/firm stating that you are a great worker and helped make the company millions of pounds in profit '8)'

It must be a scholarship you personally have received for studying or research for e.g. to carry out Ph.D. If you got a certificate or citation for being the student with the highest marks or a medal for being on top of your class then it is considered to be an award.[/quote]

thank for your answer
you are very cute :lol:

HO list 9 kinds of evidences to show someone's significant achievement(at least you should show 3 examples):
Industry Prize
Published Work
Peer group reviews
Academic References
Industry Reference
Ownership of intellectual property rights
Published testimonials/profile
Scholarship/research awards
Press Articles

i have a press article(for a national conference),1
be one of authores for 3 intell property rights,2
so , as you said, if my employer give a letter stating i am a great worker and bring much much much money for my company............3
i can get the achievement points?

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:30 am

Seline wrote: i have a press article(for a national conference),1
be one of authores for 3 intell property rights,2
so , as you said, if my employer give a letter stating i am a great worker and bring much much much money for my company............3
i can get the achievement points?
You do have a good chance in getting achievements points. I would also include the certificate/letter confirming that you were awarded a scholarship in University even though it was a while ago. All the best !!