ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tushars
Newly Registered

Got approval.

Post by tushars » Thu May 30, 2013 12:53 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5yr(HSMP+Tier1)+1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Ealing
Date of application: 15/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16/04/2013
Date of acknowledgement : 18/04/2013
Date of debit of fees: 18/04/2013
Date of approval:21/05/2013..
Received letter :30/05/2013

Received letter today, The Council has already been sent and a slot booked for 2nd July for group ceremony.

Another tick in the box..

All the best for others waiting. Hope your turns up soon.

cheers

Kennavarro
- thin ice -

Post by Kennavarro » Thu May 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Peterpan81 wrote:
Kennavarro wrote:
Astrid24 wrote:Eligibility criteria: I don't know but I've had ILR since I was 16 & I'm now 24
Method of application: Postal (SD + Prepaid SD)
Date of application: 11/04/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 12/04/13
Date of debit of fees: 19/04/13
Date of acknowledgement : 19/04/13 (received on the 27th)
Return of documents: 22/05/13 (received on 24/05/13)
Date of approval: Pending
Date of invitation letter : Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending

Will update this post when I hear anything!
Yes it is definitely not going to be before 15 days or more...if am guessing right.... before we hear from you so at least for a couple of weeks you can keep testing my method as more people get theirs back...by the way now they are completing those who applied at the end of April and starting Beginning of May... so Early May applicants your turn is end of next week.
all the same good luck!
So hopefully according to your Calculation Method, I should be expecting mine in the next 2 weeks.

Applied on basis of Married to BC with ILR
Date of Application 25th April 2013
Debit of Money 7th May 2013
Acknowledgment letter 9th May 2013
Approval Letter : Still awaiting
You are right on the money.....
According to my calculation the post man might be knocking on your door in ten days....so if l were you l would be extra vigilant with answering the door from the 10th of June... with the give and take of three days may be even three days earlier ie 7th of June could be the earliest date you should get ready to receive your news...or call it approval letter.

The truth is in the pudding check out the most recent approval of JoIRL below

Eligibility criteria: 10 Yr long residence + ILR + spouse of BC
Applicants : Myself only
Method of application: NCS Hendon
Date of application with NCS: 16th April 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18th April 2013
Date of debit of fees: 23rd April 2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Around 26th April 2013 (dated 23rd April 2013)
Date of receipt of approval: 29th May 2013 (dated 23th May 2013)
Date of Ceremony: 19th June 2013

Note in the case of JoIRL the acknowledgment date (DoA) is 23/04/13...it is brought to the nearest zero to make numbers easy (30/04/13) and every thing just falls in place as in the method :)

johnwray29
Newly Registered

Post by johnwray29 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:48 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: (e.g.- 4/5yr + 1yr ILR; 3yr spouse of BC; 10yr + 1yr ILR; legacy + ILR; etc.)
Method of application: NCS (council name) or Postal
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of debit of fees:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:

I think we should add the following lines after "Eligibility criteria" to help members make better judgement on timeline.

Spent Conviction(s) e.g., court fines: (Y/N)
Minor Offence(s) e.g., Fixed penalty: (Y/N)

Suleiman
Newly Registered

Citizenship

Post by Suleiman » Thu May 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Eligibility: 11 yrs plus 1 yr ILR.
Method : post next day tracked
Date of application 02/04/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 03/04/13
Date of acknowledgement :12/04/13 dated 08/04/13
Date of debit of fee 15/04/13
Return of documents: WAITING
Date of approval: WAITING
Date of ceremony:WAITING

It's been almost 9 weeks still waiting

teawithlemon

Re: Citizenship

Post by teawithlemon » Thu May 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Suleiman wrote:Eligibility: 11 yrs plus 1 yr ILR.

Did you ever faced any kind of appeal or any minor conviction. Or anything as your taking more time so may be it is just on the que or may be they decided to check something so taking longer. Straigh forward application mormally doesnt take more than 14 weeks. So you are still safe sight.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Thu May 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Did you ever faced any kind of appeal or any minor conviction. Or anything as your taking more time so may be it is just on the que or may be they decided to check something so taking longer. Straigh forward application mormally doesnt take more than 14 weeks. So you are still safe sight.

Suleiman
Newly Registered

Post by Suleiman » Thu May 30, 2013 8:51 pm

teawithlemon wrote:

Did you ever faced any kind of appeal or any minor conviction. Or anything as your taking more time so may be it is just on the que or may be they decided to check something so taking longer.
Straigh forward application mormally doesnt take more than 14 weeks. So you are still safe sight.
no crimainal records or convictions but this week had to go to court for an unpaid bill have made an arrangement for repayment i dont know am i suppos to contact the ukba to let them know about this and is it going to effect my application?.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Thu May 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Suleiman wrote:
teawithlemon wrote:

Did you ever faced any kind of appeal or any minor conviction. Or anything as your taking more time so may be it is just on the que or may be they decided to check something so taking longer.
Straigh forward application mormally doesnt take more than 14 weeks. So you are still safe sight.
no crimainal records or convictions but this week had to go to court for an unpaid bill have made an arrangement for repayment i dont know am i suppos to contact the ukba to let them know about this and is it going to effect my application?.
If court issued you CCJ ? And what kind of bill and is it big amount. If you dont tell us details then this forum wont able to help. Tell us details , without more information I wont able to give you answer, sorry.

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Thu May 30, 2013 10:50 pm

Eligibility criteria: 2 HSMP + 3 T1G+1 ILR
Method of application: NCS Castle Point (Benfleet, Essex)
Date of application: 25/4/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 29/4/13 (web tracking)
Date of acknowledgement : 01/5/13 (letter dated)
Date of debit of fees: 29/5/13 (online banking statement)
Date of approval: n/a
Date of Ceremony: n/a

Suleiman
Newly Registered

Post by Suleiman » Thu May 30, 2013 11:20 pm

teawithlemon wrote:
Suleiman wrote:
teawithlemon wrote:

If court issued you CCJ ? And what kind of bill and is it big amount. If you dont tell us details then this forum wont able to help. Tell us details , without more information I wont able to give you answer, sorry.
Ws for an unpaid rent just under 1200 have arranged payment options, but since i just went to court this week it is after i've made the application, i've checked on ukba site it says you should tell them if arrested or police investigation

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Thu May 30, 2013 11:30 pm

Suleiman wrote:
teawithlemon wrote:
Suleiman wrote:
teawithlemon wrote: Did you ever faced any kind of appeal or any minor conviction. Or anything as your taking more time so may be it is just on the que or may be they decided to check something so taking longer.
Ws for an unpaid rent just under 1200 have arranged payment options, but since i just went to court this week it is after i've made the application, i've checked on ukba site it says you should tell them if arrested or police investigation
As you have arranged payment option so HO has nothing to do with it. As far as I know if anyone in IVA or any kind of insolvency then they supposed to inform HO and as your landlord taken you in court so best is of you inform this to HO , thank you.

johnwray29
Newly Registered

Post by johnwray29 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:39 pm

teawithlemon wrote:
Suleiman wrote:
teawithlemon wrote:
Suleiman wrote: no crimainal records or convictions but this week had to go to court for an unpaid bill have made an arrangement for repayment i dont know am i suppos to contact the ukba to let them know about this and is it going to effect my application?.
As you have arranged payment option so HO has nothing to do with it. As far as I know if anyone in IVA or any kind of insolvency then they supposed to inform HO and as your landlord taken you in court so best is of you inform this to HO , thank you.
This has nothing to do with HO. You do not need to tell them. It is between you and your Landlord/letting agent and will not affect your application.

Suleiman
Newly Registered

Post by Suleiman » Thu May 30, 2013 11:49 pm

teawithlemon wrote:
Suleiman wrote:
teawithlemon wrote:
Suleiman wrote: no crimainal records or convictions but this week had to go to court for an unpaid bill have made an arrangement for repayment i dont know am i suppos to contact the ukba to let them know about this and is it going to effect my application?.
How do i inform the HO tried calling and i got answer machine with 2 options 1 if your application is less than 6 months and then it says this call will now end

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Fri May 31, 2013 12:06 am

Suleiman wrote:
teawithlemon wrote:
Suleiman wrote:
teawithlemon wrote: If court issued you CCJ ? And what kind of bill and is it big amount. If you dont tell us details then this forum wont able to help. Tell us details , without more information I wont able to give you answer, sorry.
How do i inform the HO tried calling and i got answer machine with 2 options 1 if your application is less than 6 months and then it says this call will now end
hi guys,
there is a section now dedicated to questions/queries during the process of british citizenship applications,this section is for TIMELINES ONLY,thanks.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=136027
Last edited by ukforever on Fri May 31, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UK------++++-------****

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Fri May 31, 2013 12:11 am

Suleiman wrote:
teawithlemon wrote:
Suleiman wrote:
teawithlemon wrote: If court issued you CCJ ? And what kind of bill and is it big amount. If you dont tell us details then this forum wont able to help. Tell us details , without more information I wont able to give you answer, sorry.
The only way to inform is by letter. On your acknowledgement letter you will find their answer. So write a letter and explain that you arranged payment plan . Sign the letter and put the ho reference number and send it to them. As your rent things dealt in court, if u were tried to settled this issue outside court that would have muchbetter. B

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Fri May 31, 2013 12:14 am

Suleiman wrote:
teawithlemon wrote:
Suleiman wrote:
The only way to inform is by letter. On your acknowledgement letter you will find their answer. So write a letter and explain that you arranged payment plan . Sign the letter and put the ho reference number and send it to them. As your rent things dealt in court, if u were tried to settled this issue outside court that would have muchbetter. B

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Fri May 31, 2013 8:51 am

teawithlemon wrote:
Suleiman wrote:
teawithlemon wrote:
Suleiman wrote: Ws for an unpaid rent just under 1200 have arranged payment options, but since i just went to court this week it is after i've made the application, i've checked on ukba site it says you should tell them if arrested or police investigation
First of all this forum is for timelines only, appreciating your trying to help others, but there will be some dedicated threads for that.
Second, I dont think you need to inform the HO, although you went to court for this dispute, you could hold on to yourself, there is no way the HO will know because the court is not going to turn up and sent the HO information about every single person who attends court....
If you attended because of Driving offences then the record will be easily picked via your Driving License....

If I was you I would just leave it , sit back and chill
Dont open Fire on yourself, then you 'll regret your actions when they tell you ok because the fine was issued in Court you have to wait for 3 years...I guess Gurus will possibly agree..
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Fri May 31, 2013 9:25 am

Peterpan81 wrote:
teawithlemon wrote:
Suleiman wrote:
teawithlemon wrote: As you have arranged payment option so HO has nothing to do with it. As far as I know if anyone in IVA or any kind of insolvency then they supposed to inform HO and as your landlord taken you in court so best is of you inform this to HO , thank you.
First of all this forum is for timelines only, appreciating your trying to help others, but there will be some dedicated threads for that.
Second, I dont think you need to inform the HO, although you went to court for this dispute, you could hold on to yourself, there is no way the HO will know because the court is not going to turn up and sent the HO information about every single person who attends court....
If you attended because of Driving offences then the record will be easily picked via your Driving License....

Dont open Fire on yourself, then you 'll regret your actions when they tell you ok because the fine was issued in Court you have to wait for 3 years...I guess Gurus will possibly agree..
You are badically saying something to applicant that you should not recommended. Anyways it is up to him. But if I was in his place I would speak out truth.

johnwray29
Newly Registered

Post by johnwray29 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:49 am

Application Timeline only guys. Take your argument elsewhere...

Eligibility criteria: (e.g.- 4/5yr + 1yr ILR; 3yr spouse of BC; 10yr + 1yr ILR; legacy + ILR; etc.)
Spent Conviction(s) e.g., court fines: (Y/N)
Minor Offence(s) e.g., Fixed penalty: (Y/N)
Method of application: NCS (council name) or Postal
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of debit of fees:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Fri May 31, 2013 10:26 am

guys..!!!!
I ALREADY MENTIONED THAT THERE IS A NEW THREAD WHERE U CAN DISCUSS ALL YOUR ISSUES REGARDING BC APPLICATION PROCESS,U CAN EVEN ARGUE THERE,NO NEED TO DO IT HERE...THIS THREAD IS FOR TIMELINES ONLY,AS MENTIONED BY OTHER MEMBERS ABOVE AND IN OTHER PAGES OF THIS THREAD,PLEASE RESPECT THE GUIDELINES.

THE NEW THREAD: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=136027
UK------++++-------****

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Fri May 31, 2013 11:03 am

teawithlemon wrote:
Peterpan81 wrote:
teawithlemon wrote:
Suleiman wrote: How do i inform the HO tried calling and i got answer machine with 2 options 1 if your application is less than 6 months and then it says this call will now end

You are badically saying something to applicant that you should not recommended. Anyways it is up to him. But if I was in his place I would speak out truth.

Please can we go back to Timelines only on this thread, and if someone wanted to argue then use the other forums, appreciating all opinions...Thanks

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:21 pm

Can moderators please tidy up this sticky to reflect 'Timelines' only? Defeats the purpose otherwise.

Thank you.

ola4action
Newly Registered

MAY NATURALIZATION TIME LINE

Post by ola4action » Fri May 31, 2013 1:30 pm

Eligibility criteria: Spouse Visa+ILR (3yrs Physical Presence)

Method of application: NCS Islington

Date of application: 02/05/2013

Date of receipt by UKBA: 03/05/2013

Date of debit of fees: 09/05/2013

Date of acknowledgement : 15/05/2013 (Dated 09/05/2013)

Date of approval: 31/05/2013 (Dated 25/05/2013)

Date of Ceremony: 10/06/2013

I'd like to let members know that part of my Visiting Visa counted towards my 3 year residency as I got ILR in September 2012. It is physical presence that really matters (if you are a British Spouse) provided all other regulations are followed.

Thanks to everyone who has made positive contributions on this site. :D

Wish you all the very best!!!
Last edited by ola4action on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Peterpan81

Re: MAY NATURALIZATION TIME LINE

Post by Peterpan81 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:52 pm

ola4action wrote:Eligibility criteria: Spouse Visa+ILR (3yrs Physical Presence)

Method of application: NCS Islington

Date of application: 02/05/2013

Date of receipt by UKBA: 03/05/2013

Date of debit of fees: 09/05/2013

Date of acknowledgement : 15/05/2013 (Dated 09/05/2013)

Date of approval: 31/05/2013 (Dated 24/05/2013)

Date of Ceremony: 17/06/2013

I'd like to let members know that part of my Visiting Visa counted towards my 3 year residency as I got ILR in September 2012. It is physical presence that really matters provided all other regulations are followed.

Thanks to everyone who has made positive contributions on this site.

Wish you all the very best!!!
Congrats, I was debited around that time, so hopefully I ll receive something soon, although I still have a chance to check my mail box when I get back from work in the eve :lol:

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Fri May 31, 2013 3:00 pm

AS U CAN ALL SEE,IN THE WHOLE PAGE,THERE IS ONLY ONE COMMENT ABOUT A TIMELINE OF A CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION...!!THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR DISCUSSING OR ARGUING,PLEASE BE AWARE THERE IS A NEW THREAD SECTION IN THE CITIZENSHIP PAGE WHERE U CAN DO WHATEVER U WANT:DISCUSS,ARGUE,MAKE FRIENDS..BUT NOT HERE PLEASE,AS WE WANT TO CHECK TIMELINES ONLY NOT READ OR WASTE OUR TIME FOR IRRELEVANT STUFF.

HERE IS THE NEW SECTION,LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS REGARDING GENERAL DISCUSSION DURING CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS HERE:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=136027
Last edited by ukforever on Fri May 31, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UK------++++-------****