ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aamiraziz
Newly Registered

Re: Case worker assigned

Post by aamiraziz » Thu May 30, 2013 1:26 am

Uzo wrote:I was informed by my MP that my application has been assigned a case a worker and was looked at as early as 14 May. Does anyone have an idea how long it usually takes after your application is assigned a caseworker.
As long as it takes I suppose, depends what's in the application form and you immigration history.

pretzel12
Newly Registered

Post by pretzel12 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:23 am

Damanisshallo wrote:You can send the letter recd from Home Office. Alternatively, you can request for SAR against a payment of £10 which should have all your records in place. I shall warn you that this SAR can take anything between 40 days to few months. So, the sooner the better.
Many thanks, Damanisshallo. I had a look at the SAR template you linked to. Do I understand correctly that I need to ask for 'Electronic Records (computer database)' and use/tick the 'Further Details' box stating the dates I am missing? Much appreciated.

ak_akhan
Newly Registered

Post by ak_akhan » Thu May 30, 2013 10:29 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
ak_akhan wrote:got one question, I am currently on Discretionary leave, which I got in Nov 2010, if I get ilr on the basis of long residence, for spouse visa do which rules apply to me, before July 2012 or after? Thanks

I'd assume it to be under new rules. Sorry, if this is not the answer you wanted to hear.
Dear Damanisshallo,
Yes, You are right, did not want to hear what you have said... Let me give you some more details about my case... My wife joined me in Jan 2006 as a student dependent, then we got PSW and now currently on discretionary leave under article 3 and article 8. she has been living in uk for more than 7 years. Is your answer still the same?

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:30 am

pretzel12 wrote:Hi everyone, long time lurker here.

I was wondering if anyone can assist with the question regarding the application requirements.

I've lived in the UK since September 2003 and am planning to send my ILR application in August, 2013. I am currently on the Post Study Work visa. No long absences, always applied by myself for my previous visas, never overstayed. In 2009, I was issued my first biometric card, it was taken away by the Home Office when I applied for my Post Study visa in 2011 and I was issued the new biometric card which I currently hold.

I don't have the copy of the previous biometric card, but I have its number and the letter from Home Office with that number on it. When I apply in August for ILR, will I need to supply Home Office with the copy of the card? I am asking because all my previous visas are in my passport except of course the biometric card info which covers my stay between 2009 and 2011. If yes, how do I go about this?

Many thanks!
Don't worry giving a reference number and producing a photo copy of it is more than enough.

2. they will have your details on their system

3. If you really wanted as Damanisshallo says apply for SAR but I personally don't think it is necessary (a) if you applied all your previous visas in time, with no issues or anything that is iffy. (b) All your stamps at the immigration when you got out and came in are there.

pretzel12
Newly Registered

Post by pretzel12 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:20 pm

saanju9 wrote:Don't worry giving a reference number and producing a photo copy of it is more than enough.

3. If you really wanted as Damanisshallo says apply for SAR but I personally don't think it is necessary (a) if you applied all your previous visas in time, with no issues or anything that is iffy. (b) All your stamps at the immigration when you got out and came in are there.
Thanks saanju9, that's the thing I don't have the copy of the previous card :oops: , I only have the ref. number of the card & the Home Office letter with the card number on it. All my previous visas/stamps are in order, nothing iffy. I am still undecided what box to tick though on the SAR form, I assume Electronic records (computer database)? Thank you.

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Thu May 30, 2013 12:57 pm

pretzel12 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:Don't worry giving a reference number and producing a photo copy of it is more than enough.

Thanks saanju9, that's the thing I don't have the copy of the previous card :oops: , I only have the ref. number of the card & the Home Office letter with the card number on it. All my previous visas/stamps are in order, nothing iffy. I am still undecided what box to tick though on the SAR form, I assume Electronic records (computer database)? Thank you.

Two of my biometric cards were taken by Home Office (when issued a new card). My lawyers told me
a) provide letters from HO when HO issued BRP
b) if you don't have any letters/copies of BRP just provide a cover letter stating which visas you applied previously
They told me not to worry as HO will have this information on UKBA database.

Navi123

Post by Navi123 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi,

I will be very grateful if you can advice me on the following,

My 10years complete in august this year and i want to apply for ILR but need clarification on following,

1-I only need to provide passporst and BRP with my application (as i have all my passports with me)?
2- Section 5 is asking for a declaration re bank accounts/utility bills. do i need to sign this or leave this blank (as in my opinion i donot have to send any bank statements utility bills as they are not required if i have all my passports)?
3-Before i had my teir 1 visa, it was refused and went on appeal (because one document was not original) i won the appeal and granted visa, will this period (5 months)count in my 10 yrs or is it count as illegal period. Home office also confirms that until a case is decided your status remain same (as of ur old visa)?
4- i have few fixed penalties and one speeding ticket, will they affect my application? are they count as criminal/ county court convictions?

Regards

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Navi123 wrote:Hi,

I will be very grateful if you can advice me on the following,

My 10years complete in august this year and i want to apply for ILR but need clarification on following,

1-I only need to provide passporst and BRP with my application (as i have all my passports with me)?
2- Section 5 is asking for a declaration re bank accounts/utility bills. do i need to sign this or leave this blank (as in my opinion i donot have to send any bank statements utility bills as they are not required if i have all my passports)?
3-Before i had my teir 1 visa, it was refused and went on appeal (because one document was not original) i won the appeal and granted visa, will this period (5 months)count in my 10 yrs or is it count as illegal period. Home office also confirms that until a case is decided your status remain same (as of ur old visa)?
4- i have few fixed penalties and one speeding ticket, will they affect my application? are they count as criminal/ county court convictions?

Regards
1. did you appeal within the given time frame??,... If Yes then that's fine. If No - discuss

2. What fixed penalties .. Parking Tickets??... Speeding and parking tickets is not a problem

Kallmay

Post by Kallmay » Thu May 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Yeah your right, i should not worry. I'll just leave it that way hopefully the financial requirements we have submitted will satisfy the caseworker. Thank you very much Damanishallo.

lck
Newly Registered

long residence dependant

Post by lck » Thu May 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Hello everyone.
I got my ILR yesterday in 10 year long residence category. My wife's flr(m) application is under process (applied 15/04/2013).
I have a question please. Now as I have my passport and BRP card do I need to send this to support her flr(m) or I should just keep waiting?
Will appreciate any help. Thanks

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Thu May 30, 2013 11:26 pm

Hi

we recieved my wife's FLR M approval letter yesterday. Big thanks to Dam, Vinny and others,

many thanks

jaberdene

Re: long residence dependant

Post by jaberdene » Thu May 30, 2013 11:37 pm

lck wrote:Hello everyone.
I got my ILR yesterday in 10 year long residence category. My wife's flr(m) application is under process (applied 15/04/2013).
I have a question please. Now as I have my passport and BRP card do I need to send this to support her flr(m) or I should just keep waiting?
My wife applied FLR M on 5th of Apr 2013. My ILR (long res) approved on 1st of MAY. I just sent my ILR approval letter photocopy on 7th of May (not my passport and BRP) and my wife's FLRM approved yesterday. To be honest Im not sure we have to send our passport and BRP or It is up to CW.

Im still not sure if CW who worked on my wife's application saw my approval letter photocopy. Cos Ive sent some other original documents along with my ILR approval letter copy to support my wifes' application but they was not arrived with my wifes document yesterday.

Hope it may help you,

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR in Process and Tier 1 visa expired.

Post by amjadleeds » Thu May 30, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi everyone

I applied ILR on OCT last year, still waiting for decision like others, my question in case of unfavorable decision, either I will be entitle to extend my current leave which is expired.
My solicitor applied for my family member extension on FLRO because they are in this country 8 and 6 months, kids are in school eight years. So if they will get visa either i will be entitle to extend in case of unfavorable decision of my ILR application.

Your view and suggestion will be really appreciate.

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Fri May 31, 2013 2:58 am

At last,

My ilr approved,this is the timeline:
application sent 02/aug/2012
Reached HO 6/08/2012
Biometric invitation:10/11/2012
Biometric enrolled:17/11/2012
Ilr approval: 25/05/2013
Documents recieved:30/05/2013

Thank you everybody for all your support and finding
this forum kept me going

shahab99

Post by shahab99 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:19 pm

Hi I will appreciate your advice regarding my querry.

I got ILR on 10 years residency and applied for my wife who is living here with me since 2009 and my daughter who was born here in the UK on FLRM.
Although I mentioned in the covering letter that they will be in the pre july,2012 rules and as the form FLRM says as well they refused their application that I do not have the income of 21000£.
Can some one give me advice what to do?

Thanks

Shahab

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

ILR Approved

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri May 31, 2013 12:40 pm

Alhamdulillah after such a long wait finally, I've rec'd my ILR (BRP) this morning which includes

7 Months 21 days
33 weeks
233 days
5592 hours
335,520 minutes
20,131,200 seconds

During this period I've grown so much as a person. I shall admit at this point, I'm a much stronger man (Emotionally) now. Alamdulillah, I wasn't affected with this wait both financially or career wise [As by Allah's grace I was named the MVP of my team] which i feared the most when I read about people losing their jobs or unable to look for one. The only thing I've prayed all this wait was for the well being of my near & dears. My heart went out for Pari_in_kwest when I read her story.

When I joined this forum, I was a novice & bit naive but time has changed me from being a naive to a so called Sage.

I've cherished the moments when some one had a good news to share and felt sorrowful otherwise. I've tried my level best to put everyone at ease and I shall continue doing so... All in all the only thing affected me whilst waiting for this decision are my holidays, which is next to nothing compared to others.

Congratulations to everyone who had recently got their approvals and Good Luck to the rest and I hope the waiting time comes down soon.

Jazaak Allahu Khair
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri May 31, 2013 12:48 pm

shahab99 wrote:Hi I will appreciate your advice regarding my querry.

I got ILR on 10 years residency and applied for my wife who is living here with me since 2009 and my daughter who was born here in the UK on FLRM.
Although I mentioned in the covering letter that they will be in the pre july,2012 rules and as the form FLRM says as well they refused their application that I do not have the income of 21000£.
Can some one give me advice what to do?
Why did you add your daughter who was UK-Born in the application? Secondly, read this post and the following few posts. However, be prepared for an appeal as I'd suspect if they are going to respond to your reconsideration letter by appeal date (If you have one). It's worth mentioning your dead line to appeal in your letter.

Good Luck. You should be fine.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

TheGreenTea

Re: ILR Approved

Post by TheGreenTea » Fri May 31, 2013 12:59 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:Alhamdulillah after such a long wait finally, I've rec'd my ILR (BRP) this morning which includes
Congratulations! :D

Khan86
Newly Registered

Re: long residence dependant

Post by Khan86 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:08 pm

jaberdene wrote:
lck wrote:Hello everyone.
My wife applied FLR M on 5th of Apr 2013. My ILR (long res) approved on 1st of MAY. I just sent my ILR approval letter photocopy on 7th of May (not my passport and BRP) and my wife's FLRM approved yesterday. To be honest Im not sure we have to send our passport and BRP or It is up to CW.

Im still not sure if CW who worked on my wife's application saw my approval letter photocopy. Cos Ive sent some other original documents along with my ILR approval letter copy to support my wifes' application but they was not arrived with my wifes document yesterday.

Hope it may help you,
Hi
Could you tell me that had you showed financial requirement in flr m.
Because my wife has been refused on the basis of financial requirements.
Regards

Mani786
Newly Registered

Congrats Daminsshallo....

Post by Mani786 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:23 pm

Congratulations Damanisshallo

My God always bless you. Enjoy your freedom. But always please keep in touch with this Forum...as this is also Sadqa e Jaaria as well.

Regards

pretzel12
Newly Registered

Post by pretzel12 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:47 pm

TheGreenTea wrote:Two of my biometric cards were taken by Home Office (when issued a new card). My lawyers told me
a) provide letters from HO when HO issued BRP
b) if you don't have any letters/copies of BRP just provide a cover letter stating which visas you applied previously
They told me not to worry as HO will have this information on UKBA database.
Thanks TheGreenTea. In spite of having both Home Office letter and the decision letter, I sent the SAR to Home Office today (thanks Damanisshallo & saanju9!) asking them to send me the copy of my previous BRP. I hope to hear from them within 40 days.

pretzel12
Newly Registered

Post by pretzel12 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:52 pm

Don't you dare leave us, Damanisshallo. And, of course, congrats!!! 8)

Interesting what you said about 'growing up/maturing' during the process of obtaining the ILR.

shahab99

Damanisshallo

Post by shahab99 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:54 pm

Congratulations Damanisshallo for getting ILR

I did include my daughter's name in FLRm because it was her visa's last date when I received my ILR so I had to include her name in my wife's application.
Can i apply for her naturalization now without sending her appeal for flrM and if I can which form shall i use.
the homeoffice did not return their passports.

Thanks

Shahab

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Damanisshallo

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri May 31, 2013 4:13 pm

shahab99 wrote:I did include my daughter's name in FLRm because it was her visa's last date when I received my ILR so I had to include her name in my wife's application.

You should have left her away. It doesn't matter if she has a valid visa or not where the child is UK-born. But nevertheless she should be fine.

Can i apply for her naturalization now without sending her appeal for flrM and if I can which form shall i use.the homeoffice did not return their passports.

MN1 Form. However, if you are aiming to challenge their decision then make it clear that you want to challenge your wife's application and that you will be making a fresh MN1 for your child hence request her passport back.

Thanks

Shahab
Skydrives, Templates

pretzel12
Newly Registered

Post by pretzel12 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:35 pm

So I had a look today at the documents that are required to be submitted with ILR application to prove my 10 years stay in the UK. Of all documents, I will be able to produce P60s and copies of visas. I can also produce course certificates and the Bachelor's diploma covering 10 year stay.

I should be able to get a letter form HSBC confirming that I've been their client since 2003. Can anyone advise if there is a specific letter I should be asking for from my bank? Will the bank charge a fee?

Many thanks.