ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do we need passport details for booking online appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Do we need passport details for booking online appointment

Post by sonub4ualt » Thu May 30, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi,

I am eligible to apply for ILR in Aug'13 (HSMP + Tier 1 route) and thinking of going for same day appointment. My question is what details do you need to book ILR appointment online.

The reason, my spouse has been holding her father's name on her passport and we want to change the surname. We are thinking of applying for change of surname on the passport with Indian High Commission and they suggested it would take about 2-3 weeks to process the same.

As read in the previous threads, you will be able to book appointments 42 days prior which will be sometime end of June'13.

Thanks
Sonu

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Do we need passport details for booking online appointme

Post by Kevin24 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:02 pm

sonub4ualt wrote:Hi,

I am eligible to apply for ILR in Aug'13 (HSMP + Tier 1 route) and thinking of going for same day appointment. My question is what details do you need to book ILR appointment online.

The reason, my spouse has been holding her father's name on her passport and we want to change the surname. We are thinking of applying for change of surname on the passport with Indian High Commission and they suggested it would take about 2-3 weeks to process the same.

As read in the previous threads, you will be able to book appointments 42 days prior which will be sometime end of June'13.

Thanks
Sonu
Details Needed are - First Name, Surname,Date of Birth,Nationality,No. of Dependents and Type of Form. Not sure whether you need the Passport No. too.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Thu May 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Kevin24 wrote:

Thanks
Sonu
Details Needed are - First Name, Surname,Date of Birth,Nationality,No. of Dependents and Type of Form. Not sure whether you need the Passport No. too.
The reason I have to clarify this issue, is because she will have a new passport issued with different number and during online booking if it is required, then there will be a different number than previous.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:24 pm

sonub4ualt wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

Thanks
Sonu
The reason I have to clarify this issue, is because she will have a new passport issued with different number and during online booking if it is required, then there will be a different number than previous.
I did My Booking during 1st week of April. Since My appointment is finished, I cannot tell you definitely. you better call UKBA and check.Understand your anxiety.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:34 pm

You could send an E-mail to Applyonline E-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and check. As to what details you need to enter when making an Online PEO Booking.They will reply back during the day.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Two of the Forum Members who have made PEO appointment recently ,have confirmed that They did not enter the Passport No.
KEVIN

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Fri May 31, 2013 8:50 am

Kevin24 wrote:Two of the Forum Members who have made PEO appointment recently ,have confirmed that They did not enter the Passport No.
Thanks Kevin, will find out from homeoffice what details are important while filling the form.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Fri May 31, 2013 11:51 am

Indian HCI will return old passport back to you, together with new one, so you can always explain what happened, since old passport will carry the number you booked with.

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Two of the Forum Members who have made PEO appointment recently ,have confirmed that They did not enter the Passport No.
Thanks for the info Kevin.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:47 pm

sonub4ualt wrote:
No problems Mate! With Pleasure.
KEVIN

rvegesna
Newly Registered

Post by rvegesna » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:18 pm

Passport number is not required.

I booked mine on 2 May (1 main and 3 dependants) and I didn't have my son's passport at that time. (he was born in March).

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:02 pm

rvegesna wrote:Passport number is not required.

I booked mine on 2 May (1 main and 3 dependants) and I didn't have my son's passport at that time. (he was born in March).
Thanks for your reply rvegesna. Much appreciated.

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
sonub4ualt wrote:
Thanks Kevin, I am due to apply for ILR in 1st week of Aug'13. She will have her surname changed in the passport, do I need to change her details in her current BRP (Tier 1 dependant) or wait and apply for ILR, as she would have her new BRP with ILR.

As per BRP policy guidelines, if there are any change in circumstances, we have to report the BRP team within three months of changes, if any. It will be approximately 2 1/2 months since she will start using a different surname.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:14 pm

sonub4ualt wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
sonub4ualt wrote:
Thanks Kevin, I am due to apply for ILR in 1st week of Aug'13. She will have her surname changed in the passport, do I need to change her details in her current BRP (Tier 1 dependant) or wait and apply for ILR, as she would have her new BRP with ILR.

As per BRP policy guidelines, if there are any change in circumstances, we have to report the BRP team within three months of changes, if any. It will be approximately 2 1/2 months since she will start using a different surname.
Hi! Since time line is with in 3 months you will not need to report. Why not find out from them by sending an E-Mail.They should respond soon.
KEVIN