ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Anybody's NAturalization rejected?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

champion

Is Anybody's NAturalization rejected?

Post by champion » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:04 pm

Sorry for negative heading but guess many people will apericiate answers to this question.
I could see that application could(very less chances though) be rejected on following grounds
inapropriate fee
missing some documents
not qualify based on redidency period

Do you know anyone whose application rejected on any ground other above or based on misinformation on criminal conviction.

I just wanted know what is the percentage of success if any application pass the above stage. (I guess 100% or may be 98% as sew people might havissed some vital info on criminal conviction)

Cheers

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Is Anybody's NAturalization rejected?

Post by sakura » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:22 pm

champion wrote:Sorry for negative heading but guess many people will apericiate answers to this question.
I could see that application could(very less chances though) be rejected on following grounds
inapropriate fee
missing some documents
not qualify based on redidency period

Do you know anyone whose application rejected on any ground other above or based on misinformation on criminal conviction.

I just wanted know what is the percentage of success if any application pass the above stage. (I guess 100% or may be 98% as sew people might havissed some vital info on criminal conviction)

Cheers
Dunno. The Life in the UK test book (not the one by HO, but the smaller, more useful one!) has a pie chart with information on how people fail to qualify. BIA might take longer to approve applications because of background checks. Is there any reason you ask? i.e a criminal conviction or you didn't disclose it?

champion

Post by champion » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:40 pm

Thanks for the info,I guess lifeintheuk.org have the copy of that.
No touchwood I never had any issue anywhere except that my shopping trolly bumped into someone's car (it went on its own due to stong wind not my fault at all). he wanted to put claim against me and I passed it to Tesco. He said if TESCO don't pay the claim he will claim against me (Yaa I was such a stupid that I gave him my contact number and my actual address everything. I even went with him twice to chase Tesco. now havent heard anything from him in last few months and I also didn't contacted him as my friend suggested that he might try to get some money out of you.
Now I haven't heard anything so guess I am clean and anyway this doesn't count as criminal conviction.
Also aswith most the members here moved house almost a dozen time and have royal mail forwarded to new address for 6 months and then forget so if there is any communication I missed (say an electricity bill) I won't know.
Checked up Equifax my records are in order and no CCJ against me.
I paid all my bills on time and as far as I am aware things are in order. But you never know. For example 5 years ago when I was in edinburgh the property never recieved any electricity bill in 2 years (I lived there only for 3 months). I offered some money to my landlord but he says don't bother why pay. Now these stone age incident may come to haunt me I know this is not criminal but I am not sure about this.
hope someone will be able to clear my situation here
Cheers
Last edited by champion on Tue May 01, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:28 pm

Hi champion,

What you describe sounds like any normal life really, but you do raise a good point. Everyone should check with Experian and/or Equifax periodically to see if any adverse report has been stuck to your name. It only costs £2 a time, and I checked with both before applying for naturalisation... just in case there was anything I didnt know about!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

CstrM8
Newly Registered

Re: Is Anybody's NAturalization rejected?

Post by CstrM8 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:48 pm

Cheers[/quote]
Dunno. The Life in the UK test book (not the one by HO, but the smaller, more useful one!) has a pie chart with information on how people fail to qualify. BIA might take longer to approve applications because of background checks. Is there any reason you ask? i.e a criminal conviction or you didn't disclose it?[/quote]

What do you mean the BIA takes longer to approve applications because of background checks? Didn't the IND (what it used to be called) do the same before it became BIA? Where did you get the information that BIA approval could take longer now? Did anybody experience such? Please share the info. Thanks!

champion

Post by champion » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:11 pm

sorry for being dumbo what is BIA?
and is it possible to copy / link the pie chart

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:36 am

That is really funny!.... Passing the blame to Tesco for a claiming money for an unfortunate incident!
BIA = British Immigration Authority
champion wrote:I never had any issue anywhere except that my shopping trolly bumped into someone's car (it went on its own due to stong wind not my fault at all). he wanted to put claim against me and I passed it to Tesco. He said if TESCO don't pay the claim he will claim against me (Yaa I was such a stupid that I gave him my contact number and my actual address everything.............
Swami

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:39 am

Now I haven't heard anything so guess I am clean and anyway this doesn't count as criminal conviction.
You can only have a criminal conviction if you are charged for a crime by the police and are then convicted in a court of law by a magistrate or judge. There is no possible way you could have a criminal conviction without knowing about it!
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:59 am

vin123 wrote:That is really funny!.... Passing the blame to Tesco for a claiming money for an unfortunate incident!
champion wrote:I never had any issue anywhere except that my shopping trolly bumped into someone's car (it went on its own due to stong wind not my fault at all). he wanted to put claim against me and I passed it to Tesco. He said if TESCO don't pay the claim he will claim against me (Yaa I was such a stupid that I gave him my contact number and my actual address everything.............
Swami
Vin123:
BIA stands for: Border and Immigration Agency and not British Immigration Authority.

See link: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/
Praise The Lord!!!!

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:14 pm

jes2jes wrote: Vin123:
BIA stands for: Border and Immigration Agency and not British Immigration Authority.

See link: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/

champion

Post by champion » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:27 pm

[quote="vin123"]That is really funny!.... Passing the blame to Tesco for a claiming money for an unfortunate incident!
Have you ever been to Tesco / Sainsbury and used trolly. Did you noticed they don't have breaks.
On one windy night after finishing my shopping I kept all my bags to my car and then was securing my 18 months old daughter to car seat.
I had 2 option put my daughter on the ground(who was already getting cranky as it was cold) and park Trolly safely or secure my daughter first.
Any wise man would choose second option and meanwhile trolly start moving on its own.
By the time I secured my daughter it hit a car.
It is not my fault as if I had chosen to secure trolly and anything happened to my daughter that would be beyond imagination and even insurance company / police wont spare me. above all I ama father and any parent would apericiate my stand.

My dear friend Big giant who are (in)famous tesco who squeez poor farmers to make their profit don't provide the basic safe environment.
just imagin if it would have been a kid (trolly hight is almost a 7-8 year kid's hight) and had this been hit on their head or any old person imagine the loss.

Anyways in your next visit just look from my angle and see how insecure the supermarkets are it is waiting for strong windy and bad luck
Cheers
Swami

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:29 pm

You should have just walked away, that's what a British person would have done.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

champion

Post by champion » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:34 pm

Dawie wrote:You should have just walked away, that's what a British person would have done.
Agree and everyone scold me for that but my soul didnt permited that time. I guess next time I would walk away

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:36 pm

It's sad to say, but sometimes it doesn't pay to be honest in this country. People who are honest usually end up being penalised and those who are dishonest end up being rewarded.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:43 pm

I had 2 option put my daughter on the ground(who was already getting cranky as it was cold) and park Trolly safely or secure my daughter first.
You had the third option of taking your daughter with you to park the trolley and returning with her in your arms. You had the fourth option of asking someone nearby (or staff) to help you. And you probably had options 5 and 6 too. While it was "your" trolley it was "your" responsibility to ensure it didn't cause damage to an innocent party's car.
It is not my fault ...
Hmmm. You're already British. Congrats!
You can put in a Freedom of Information Act question to the HO.

champion

Post by champion » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:49 pm

OL7MAX wrote:
You had the third option of taking your daughter with you to park the trolley and returning with her in your arms. While it was "your" trolley it was "your" responsibility to ensure it didn't cause damage to an innocent party's car.

In cold weather I wont do that. it is easier said than done with kids when their bed time is about.
Hmmm. You're already British. Congrats!
thanks hope ho is monitoring this thread and grant me citizenship today

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:54 pm

it is easier said than done with kids when their bed time is about.
I have kids, have been there, done that. Sorry, can't see any valid excuse. It was your fault, plain and simple. He has every right to take you to a small claims court for damaging his car. And your excuse of daughter's bedtime likely won't wash with the magistrate. Save yourself some embarassment and don't even offer it!

But even if he is working on filing a claim at present there is no criminality involved as you had the common sense to do the decent thing and provide him with your name and address.

champion

Post by champion » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:16 pm

Yes he can take me to court and so can I. As per law it is supermarket's responsibility to provide safe environment.
As I said it was WIND that started problem. See mine was not the only trolly that flying other dozens of trollies were flying around. there is less you can do.
I agree I am responsible to some extend but there are situation where you can't do much.
As a gesture of goodwill I offered my best help.
But all I am trying to say that if there are breaks in trolly we will have a safer environment.
There were cases where court has agreed this a ssupermarket's fault.
anyway I want to forget this incident

I agree with you that if this kind of case is ever file against me it will be a civil case not a criminal (where a person is danger to society )

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:06 pm

champion wrote: As per law it is supermarket's responsibility to provide safe environment.
As I said it was WIND that started problem
Mate, please be realistic. If you got attacked at their premises then there is meaning for the word 'safe' or 'safety' that you are repeatedly using throughout your postings.
If the trolley's wheel joint broke down and fell on your feet, resulting in an injury - then it comes under 'health and safety'.

You can’t blame Tesco for this situation and expect their trolleys to be harsh weather or wind compliant. If you take Tesco on this matter to court, the judges will certainly have a good laugh. :D

Oh, by the way, did you know the BBC invests millions and millions of pounds for accurate weather reporting that too funded with your own money!
So why don’t you make use of that (ensuring everyones safety), rather than blaming Tesco for their no-break or wind proof trolleys....time to wake up, there is WIND blowing somewhere..right ?

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:22 pm

<deleted>