ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK - Visitor/Tourist Visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nishuuananth
Newly Registered

UK - Visitor/Tourist Visa

Post by nishuuananth » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi ,

My question is on UK Visitor Visa/Tourist visa applied from India.

My husband is holding Tier-1 General Visa, myself and my baby are on dependent visa. We applied for my in-laws visa in dec-2012 and received the visa in Jan-2013, they are here currently and they will be leaving to India in June.

In end of May, we are planning to apply for Tourist visa for my parents and if they get it, planning for their arrival sometime during end of june.

My husband has not maintained much funds since March , so please let us know if this will create a problem while applying for the visa for my parents. They are central govt. employees retired and they do get pension and got some savings.

Please anyone let me know if it is required to show on my husband's behalf for supporting fund Maintenance to apply visa for my parents from India.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:24 pm

The sponsor is only a sponsor if he or she is providing some benefit that the applicant does not have. If your parents do not have money (and need to use your money to support their visit) then you will have to show that you can provide for their needs. The amount of money is arbitrary; depending on their intentions. Normally, a positive bank-balance with a regular cashflow of income from employment is sufficient.

nishuuananth
Newly Registered

Post by nishuuananth » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:52 pm

Thank Lucapooka!!!

My husband and myself are employed here and we did nt intend to maintain any fund in our accounts after our visa extension in March 2013.
But the money flow can be appropriately shown by our bank statements with no perfect balance being maintained for three months.

Hope there wont be any issues.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:38 pm

Maintenance and the three month threshold etc, etc, is with regard to migrant worker applications under the PBS. It's not relevant to visit visas.

nishuuananth
Newly Registered

Is travel ticket a necessary document?

Post by nishuuananth » Thu May 30, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi,

Please let me know if we need to enclose the travel tickets while applying for visit visa for my parents?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu May 30, 2013 7:39 pm

travel tickets are not mandatory.

nishuuananth
Newly Registered

Post by nishuuananth » Fri May 31, 2013 12:50 pm

Thanks ban.

As of now we have enclosed the invitation letter, copy of bank statements, payslips, accom proof (council tax receipt)

And similarly the property details, bank account/balances on my parents name.

Not sure if their will be an interview, any idea?

mohdrafi.sk
Newly Registered

Re: UK - Visitor/Tourist Visa URGENT HELP

Post by mohdrafi.sk » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Hello,

I am sponsoring my parents to visit UK and attend my wife's graduation ceremony. I am currently on Tier-2 General and my wife is on Tier2 dependent visa.

Could anyone please advise which visa we have to apply for either General Visit or Family Visit visa?

How many months of bank statements we have to provide as a sponsor and what is balance we have to show?
Is showing the closing balance of £5000 would be enough for 2 applicants(parents)?

We are also providing our both employment payslips and employment with a gross earning of £3000 per month and my parents assets such as land documents, employment payslips & tax returns.
Is this sufficient?

Do we also have to provide our accommodation letter such as (Tenancy agreement etc) as we don't have any such letters for shared accommodation?

Thanks in advance.

ashley016
Newly Registered

Re: UK - Visitor/Tourist Visa

Post by ashley016 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:38 pm

Does having a return ticket necessary? Will there be a problem in immigration when they land in UK?