ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application Help!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MN1 application Help!!

Post by 1273 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:21 pm

I am in the process of apply for naturalization for myself and registration for my 8 yrs old son. My son was born outside UK. I want to make both applications at the same.
What section of the BC law applies?

I was on work permit and my wife, son and myself were granted ILR in August 2010. I have been here since September 2005, my wife and son has been here since January 2010. Can all three apply? if not who can apply ?
WOW

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 application Help!!

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 3:16 pm

1273 wrote:I am in the process of apply for naturalization for myself and registration for my 8 yrs old son. My son was born outside UK. I want to make both applications at the same.
What section of the BC law applies?

I was on work permit and my wife, son and myself were granted ILR in August 2010. I have been here since September 2005, my wife and son has been here since January 2010. Can all three apply? if not who can apply ?
Your child, as born outside the UK, will be applying to register as a British Citizen by discretion under section 3(1) of the Nationality Act. The caseworker will look at a number of factors seen here

If you meet the standard requirements then you can apply. However, your spouse will be relying on discretion to be approved at the same time. Although, once you are naturalised your wife can apply as the spouse of a British Citizen is she meets the other requirements. It might be wise to naturalise yourself then (if eligible) apply for your wife and child afterwards.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.