ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British spouse can apply for student visa to learn english ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mohammad Adam
Newly Registered

British spouse can apply for student visa to learn english ?

Post by Mohammad Adam » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi there
I am British got married last month, due to new requirement now spouse need to pass English exam from Cambridge or TOIEC etc, she from Morocco and she is struggle to find good institute, British council do not do KET preparation, due to french speaking country there is limited option to study English so I want my wife to come and study here, but when I spoke to lawyer he mentioned you will be not granted visa even if you apply, I spoke to Embassy got reply below, now I am worried if I apply as lawyer mentioned they will deny application, anyone who had done can help me
Adam

============ reply from British embassy===========
Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please revise the guidance on http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... documents/ for settlement visas.

For your wife to go and study in the UK, she should read about the other types of visas: student visa or general visitor visa.

Yours Faithfully,

Visa Services

UKBA Rabat

DL

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Very difficult to be granted a visit visa to study basic English when her real intention is simply to live with you.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:49 am

Please share your story with http://britcits.com/

They are collecting real cases of people like you who are affected by these rules.

Mohammad Adam
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by Mohammad Adam » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:41 am

My wife gave two exam Cambridge and TOIEC
today she got both result in TOIEC she passed listening, she waiting for speaking result,
she passed Speaking in Cambridge I was wondering UKBA requirement is to show Speaking and Listening can I use both certificate or she has to pass both exam from one body

friend4u
Newly Registered

Post by friend4u » Fri May 31, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi Mohammad,

I am in a similar situation to yours,I have just got married recently in Morocco, my wife is living now in Morocco, I am a British citizen (Moroccan origin), but my wife is not coming fto study.
I would like to bring her here as soon as I can, I understand that the english test is the biggest obstacle.

Could you please share the experience you had with english test ?
How difficult was it? what was required? was it a test which involved writing as well as speaking, do you know any useful websites for documentations about english test for spouse.

Many thanks indeed,

Amin

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:40 pm

The UKBA requirements only need your spouse to pass Listening and Speaking. The modus operandi for conducting this test is that, the examiner will give your spouse an option to choose a topic out of four( it is topic that will be in form of debate), that will allow the examiner to judge your spouse conversation, using correct tenses of English at the right time, it is a two way conversation debate, and will only last for about 10 minutes.