ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wordable

Re: ILR Approved

Post by wordable » Fri May 31, 2013 4:48 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:Alhamdulillah after such a long wait finally, I've rec'd my ILR (BRP) this morning which includes

7 Months 21 days
33 weeks
233 days
5592 hours
335,520 minutes
20,131,200 seconds

During this period I've grown so much as a person. I shall admit at this point, I'm a much stronger man (Emotionally) now. Alamdulillah, I wasn't affected with this wait both financially or career wise [As by Allah's grace I was named the MVP of my team] which i feared the most when I read about people losing their jobs or unable to look for one. The only thing I've prayed all this wait was for the well being of my near & dears. My heart went out for Pari_in_kwest when I read her story.

When I joined this forum, I was a novice & bit naive but time has changed me from being a naive to a so called Sage.

I've cherished the moments when some one had a good news to share and felt sorrowful otherwise. I've tried my level best to put everyone at ease and I shall continue doing so... All in all the only thing affected me whilst waiting for this decision are my holidays, which is next to nothing compared to others.

Congratulations to everyone who had recently got their approvals and Good Luck to the rest and I hope the waiting time comes down soon.

Jazaak Allahu Khair
Congratulations! :D :D :D . I rejoice with you! Please, keep in touch on this forum. Your inputs are being appreciated. Keep on the good work! God bless you.

zack001
Newly Registered

Post by zack001 » Fri May 31, 2013 7:40 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:Alhamdulillah after such a long wait finally, I've rec'd my ILR (BRP) this morning which includes

7 Months 21 days
33 weeks
233 days
5592 hours
335,520 minutes
20,131,200 seconds

During this period I've grown so much as a person. I shall admit at this point, I'm a much stronger man (Emotionally) now. Alamdulillah, I wasn't affected with this wait both financially or career wise [As by Allah's grace I was named the MVP of my team] which i feared the most when I read about people losing their jobs or unable to look for one. The only thing I've prayed all this wait was for the well being of my near & dears. My heart went out for Pari_in_kwest when I read her story.

When I joined this forum, I was a novice & bit naive but time has changed me from being a naive to a so called Sage.

I've cherished the moments when some one had a good news to share and felt sorrowful otherwise. I've tried my level best to put everyone at ease and I shall continue doing so... All in all the only thing affected me whilst waiting for this decision are my holidays, which is next to nothing compared to others.

Congratulations to everyone who had recently got their approvals and Good Luck to the rest and I hope the waiting time comes down soon.

Jazaak Allahu Khair

Congrat!

lutforestry

Post by lutforestry » Fri May 31, 2013 9:16 pm

7 Months 21 days
33 weeks
233 days
5592 hours
335,520 minutes
20,131,200 seconds

Jazaak Allahu Khair

Congratulations. May Allah help you all the way of your life. Your input in this forum greatly appreciated.

Regards
Lutfor

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Fri May 31, 2013 10:13 pm

congratulations Damani. May Allah help you in every moment of your life, the way you help people on this forum.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:51 am

pretzel12 wrote:So I had a look today at the documents that are required to be submitted with ILR application to prove my 10 years stay in the UK. Of all documents, I will be able to produce P60s and copies of visas. I can also produce course certificates and the Bachelor's diploma covering 10 year stay.

I should be able to get a letter form HSBC confirming that I've been their client since 2003. Can anyone advise if there is a specific letter I should be asking for from my bank? Will the bank charge a fee?

Many thanks.
I remember you saying u got all passports with visas and entry / exit stamps

So, why do u want all these Docs for

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:53 am

Welcome aboard Damini

hope u had a little drink on this occasion

Saanju

pretzel12
Newly Registered

Post by pretzel12 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:56 am

saanju9 wrote:I remember you saying u got all passports with visas and entry / exit stamps

Yep, I've got a single passport that covers 10 years of my stay here, I've barely been out of UK, so all my visas/exit/entry stamps are in this single passport. I am waiting for the copy of my BRP covering 2009-2011 (sent SAR request today) but have got the HO letter with this BRP number on it + the Police Registration with all visas for 10 years.

I was under the impression that I will need to provide as much info as possible confirming continuous 10 year stay. You think it's not necessary?

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:03 am

ASIF, hash_1310, Sul_662, BRITISH1020, azad, razi786, NP550P7C, S17, kebl303, Arna, mithon, er_kapil.

It has been a long time for you guys. Any good news yet?

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:41 am

7 Months 21 days
33 weeks
233 days
5592 hours
335,520 minutes
20,131,200 seconds

Jazaak Allahu Khair
Damanisshallo

Congrats! Your advice on this forum has changed so many lives for the better I'm sure. The least you deserved was an ILR and you got it. No doubt you'll do well wherever you work because you have the wits as well. Hope you'll still have time to keep looking into our concerns. Ta

xixiberyl
Newly Registered

Post by xixiberyl » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:31 pm

7 Months 21 days
33 weeks
233 days
5592 hours
335,520 minutes
20,131,200 seconds

Jazaak Allahu Khair
you deserve it! so happy to hear the news!

Khushi31
Newly Registered

Ilr approved

Post by Khushi31 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Hello guys, my husband's ilr approved on
29th may and my flr m approved on 30th
May. My hubby got call from home office at17:45
On 28th May saying our ilr's approved. I am so happy now.
I wish all luck to those who are waiting. My husband applied on
4th dec and MP involved at beginning of 6 th month.

wordable

Re: Ilr approved

Post by wordable » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:55 pm

Khushi31 wrote:Hello guys, my husband's ilr approved on

Congratulations! I rejoice with you and your husband. :D :D :D

jaberdene

Re: long residence dependant

Post by jaberdene » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Khan86 wrote:
Hi
Could you tell me that had you showed financial requirement in flr m.
Because my wife has been refused on the basis of financial requirements.
Regards
No it was pre July rule.

goodies901

Post by goodies901 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:47 pm

pretzel12 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:I remember you saying u got all passports with visas and entry / exit stamps

Yep, I've got a single passport that covers 10 years of my stay here, I've barely been out of UK, so all my visas/exit/entry stamps are in this single passport. I am waiting for the copy of my BRP covering 2009-2011 (sent SAR request today) but have got the HO letter with this BRP number on it + the Police Registration with all visas for 10 years.

I was under the impression that I will need to provide as much info as possible confirming continuous 10 year stay. You think it's not necessary?
You only have to proof with other documents if you don't have the passport that covers the period of your legal stay.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:33 am

goodies901 wrote:
pretzel12 wrote:

You only have to proof with other documents if you don't have the passport that covers the period of your legal stay.
Yes Indeed

Look.. the HO is already under high pressure... the more unnecessary documents you post them...the pundits at the other end will take more time to analyse why you have sent them those documents and tries to find unnecessary faults with them

This doesn't mean that you under send them necessary documentation

you Have to send the correct and precise documentation which will make their life easier and give them correct and adequate information to process your application efficiently..

Don't send documentation which they haven't asked you for

Docs you need to send

1. all passports and travel documents which clearly shows the visas and entry and exit stamps ( If this is not clear or you have missed passports or travel docs...then send extra documentation to prove that your present in this country legally)

2. Life in UK exam certificate

3. BRP cards if any

4. SET(O) application (correctly filled) with two photographs and ofcourse pay the fee

Benito

ILR 10 years

Post by Benito » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:03 am

Dear all,

I have applied for ILR on the bases of 10 years on 20th May 13,
Got Acknowledgement on 25th May (dated 23rd May), money taken on 23rd May. Now today on 1st June have received Biometrics letter dated on 30th May. Isn't it too soon to receive bimetrics invitation?
I have been searching for others timing and can see that usually biometrics arrives in a month or so time?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR 10 years

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:00 am

Benito wrote:Dear all,

Got Acknowledgement on 25th May (dated 23rd May), money taken on 23rd May. Now today on 1st June have received Biometrics letter dated on 30th May. Isn't it too soon to receive bimetrics invitation?
I have been searching for others timing and can see that usually biometrics arrives in a month or so time?
On the Skydrive, there have been instances where a couple of members have rec'd their decisions within 12 weeks and the fact that UKBA are trying hard to get their standard waiting times inline with those published on their website. Also, you could be one of those super lucky ones. so, don't worry.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

careful1985
Newly Registered

A bit new to forums :)

Post by careful1985 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:41 am

Lcj wrote:At last,

My ilr approved,this is the timeline:
application sent 02/aug/2012
Reached HO 6/08/2012
Biometric invitation:10/11/2012
Biometric enrolled:17/11/2012
Ilr approval: 25/05/2013
Documents recieved:30/05/2013

Thank you everybody for all your support and finding
this forum kept me going

Can i ask what is the date on the BRP you received? I am just trying to get my head around the fact that it takes an awful long time for the home office to respond and whether the BRP is back dated stamped i.e. the date of application or is it from the date the application was approved ie. the 25th/05. I know what the likely answer is but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks,

careful1985
Newly Registered

Re: 10 months and counting

Post by careful1985 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:06 am

jony_dhaka wrote:
Hwima wrote:
jony_dhaka wrote:
Hwima wrote:Hi all

Some of you might be wondering about the outstanding/pending timelines on sky drive so I thought I should give a little update. Well, don't know about the rest, but I'm still here. Yes, July 18 2012 applicant!

I've been quite depressed in the last week or two so I decided not to check the goings on on this forum so often and its probably gone the trick. Naturally one feels a bit jealous when things are moving for everyone else but them, especially when they were first on queue. I'm much better now, although I must say I still check the postman's every move everyday.

You might recall that I was upbeat about getting the MP involved 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. They thought I shouldn't have applied when I did even though I had qualified 5 months before then. There is nothing in the rules to suggest I shouldn't have. The reason being 1.I still had 9 months leave to remain and the UKBA rightly prioritized those whose leave was expiring before mine 2. I can still apply and qualify for an extension as my wife's dependent and be granted Discretionary Leave, in which case I would have had to wait until April 2013. Honestly, how many of us would wait?

So now besides writing the secretary of state and her chief executive, there really is no other option left but wait. I have a feeling they might give the same response and my fear is I'd be risking my application being pushed further down the pile.

In short, I'm still here and the woes won't go away. Happy waiting!
Hi could you please write clearly that is there any problem in your 10 year in uk ?? was you application is straight forward ?? i have a visa until september 2013 but i have complied my 10 year in uk march 2013 .so i applied . do you think my one will be late as well ?? !
Hi jony_Dhaka

To be honest I don't think my application is straight forward. BUT I strongly believe I did not breach any immigration rules at any one time because I took my time (5 months) after qualifying to consider if they had cheap grounds to deny me before I paid the £991 (that was all the savings we had). My lawyer also agreed, although I carried on with the application myself for I couldn't afford their fee. The other day I was counting the number of times I had to renew in the first 7 yrs, 8 times. They never liked me that much, at one time sending my application in for visa/leave extension 3 times in a yr.

Just rotten luck I suppose, perhaps there is a unfavourable note on my file. Who knows? But then again, I'm here ain't I?

I'm confident you won't get as bad a treatment as I. Good luck on your quest.
i don't believe in luck . Anyway my friend who came one year before me he also applied for ilr last year . It took him 10 months . It sound like you had a complicated visa history . But it is ridiculous that we have to wait for so long just for a application to sort out for them . Even third world is faster then this . I couldn't go to my country for last 4 years and miss my family friends . Now God knows how long i have to wait . I will pray for ur progress and others who are waiting .

Oh my ! looks like mine will take forever.... my 10 years complete this September and i have a Teir 1 General till May 2016. All the way below the pile?

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 am

A.Jadoon wrote:ASIF, hash_1310, Sul_662, BRITISH1020, azad, razi786, NP550P7C, S17, kebl303, Arna, mithon, er_kapil.

It has been a long time for you guys. Any good news yet?

Lcj

Re: A bit new to forums :)

Post by Lcj » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:55 pm

[quote="careful1985"][quote="Lcj"]At last,

My ilr approved,this is the timeline:
application sent 02/aug/2012
Reached HO 6/08/2012
Biometric invitation:10/11/2012
Biometric enrolled:17/11/2012
Ilr approval: 25/05/2013
Documents recieved:30/05/2013

Thank you everybody for all your support and finding
this forum kept me going[/quote]

Can i ask what is the date on the BRP you received? I am just trying to get my head around the fact that it takes an awful long time for the home office to respond and whether the BRP is back dated stamped i.e. the date of application or is it from the date the application was approved ie. the 25th/05. I know what the likely answer is but just wanted to confirm.
Thanks,[/quoted

It's the 25/05/2013. Have asked my solicitor about the
15 months rule to naturisation but he seems not to have had of it

Benito

Re: ILR 10 years

Post by Benito » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Benito wrote:Dear all,

On the Skydrive, there have been instances where a couple of members have rec'd their decisions within 12 weeks and the fact that UKBA are trying hard to get their standard waiting times inline with those published on their website. Also, you could be one of those super lucky ones. so, don't worry.
Damanisshallo,
Thanks very much for ur responce!
First I was going to send all documents that I have (p60, payslips, bank statements, letters from employers) but after reading posts in this forum I decided to keep it very simple so I've only sent passports, life in the UK, police reg., marriage sert., birth sert., p60 for last year, 3 months bank statement. Hope it will work and as you said maybe I will be one of those lucky ones. I will keep informed this forum about progress of the application, for the benefit of others, it really makes feel better when you're waiting...

pretzel12
Newly Registered

Post by pretzel12 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:15 pm

saanju9 wrote:
goodies901 wrote:
pretzel12 wrote:

Yes Indeed

Look.. the HO is already under high pressure... the more unnecessary documents you post them...the pundits at the other end will take more time to analyse why you have sent them those documents and tries to find unnecessary faults with them

This doesn't mean that you under send them necessary documentation

you Have to send the correct and precise documentation which will make their life easier and give them correct and adequate information to process your application efficiently..

Don't send documentation which they haven't asked you for

Docs you need to send

1. all passports and travel documents which clearly shows the visas and entry and exit stamps ( If this is not clear or you have missed passports or travel docs...then send extra documentation to prove that your present in this country legally)

2. Life in UK exam certificate

3. BRP cards if any

4. SET(O) application (correctly filled) with two photographs and ofcourse pay the fee
Ok, I get. This is pretty clear. Thank you saanju9 (sound advice there!) and goodies901!

besto
Newly Registered

Post by besto » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:51 pm

hi congrates to you & your husband !!
can i ask you..plz..
did your husband applied for 10 years long residence?? when was the bio metric given ?? thanking you and enjoy your freedom... :P

Khushi31
Newly Registered

Post by Khushi31 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:52 pm

besto wrote:
hi congrates to you & your husband !!
can i ask you..plz..
did your husband applied for 10 years long residence?? when was the bio metric given ?? thanking you and enjoy your freedom... :P
Yes he applied under 10 yrs. bio done on 5th feb.