ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:30 pm

chohans wrote:My timeline
VisA refused 22/05/2013
Can you please let us know the rejection reason etc. ?
May be it will help others who are applying.
Many Thanks,
Stit

silver2012
Newly Registered

Re: BHC Mumbai Email

Post by silver2012 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:37 pm

waitnwatch wrote:Thanks silver.
silver2012 wrote:
waitnwatch wrote:Does anyone know of the mail ids to query for the VISA status?
Hi,

Try Mumbai.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk

or try calling them on 022 6786 6000 or 022 6650 2222

Enquiry desk 022 6650 2181

Hi,

Any update frm BHC?

chohans

Post by chohans » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:40 pm

stitaprajna wrote:
VisA refused 22/05/2013
Hi

This is what is on the refusal letter

Eligibility for Entry Clearance as a partner

You have not seen your sponsor since 01/02/2012. At your interview at BHC you were not able to answer basic questions about your sponsor such as your wifes date of birth, what your sponsor does for a living, what your wifes telephone number is and when your wife divorced her previous husband. Because of this I am not satisfied that you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship..etc

Firstly I got married in India in June 2012, I have been back to India 7 times since Feb last year, of which I gave them all tickets and copies of my passport stamped and photos.
Yes my husband forgot my date of birth but did tell them the year and day. He does not know my number as he has it saved on his phone like I do. He did explain to them what I did but they wanted my official job title which is so long I dont even know. He did tell them approx when I divorced my ex husband but they wanted an exact date which I think is unfair.

My solicitor has assured me they have dug their own grave with the refusal letter, so hopefully wont be long for him to join me in uk.

Hope this helps.

If anyone wants to know more about the questions they ask let me know because if I knew what they would have asked I wouldn't have been in this situation

mmm2
Newly Registered

Post by mmm2 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi, thanks for this, and good luck on your appeal. Please do tell us about the other questions that were asked at interview to help us, thank you.

waitnwatch
Newly Registered

Post by waitnwatch » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:59 pm

My wife got a call from Mumbai BHC and they told her that the current processing time period is 60 working days and hence we should expect to hear about our application by end of this month or in worst case scenario by mid of next month. They are not in a position to provide the status before that timeframe.

One thing i don't understand here is that the documents and the forms are very similar to the Tier 1 dependant. Even as a settlement, the spouse does not gets an ILR before 3 or 5 years. So i think its not an indefinite leave then why is such a huge difference between processing of a settlement VISA and Tier 1 dependant. They need to be more transparent.
silver2012 wrote:
silver2012 wrote:
waitnwatch wrote:Does anyone know of the mail ids to query for the VISA status?
Hi,

Hi,

Any update frm BHC?

smiah
Newly Registered

Post by smiah » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Hang in there waitandwatch!
I know how hard it is and the days seem to be going slower in the last month than ever before!
But, we are almost at the finish line and hopefully things will work out.
Keep us posted :)

----
Document submitted @ VFS Delhi on: 26-mar-2013
Documents received @ BHC: 2-apr-2013
Latest status:Under process at BDHC

waitnwatch
Newly Registered

Post by waitnwatch » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:43 am

Can't agree more.. Fingers crossed :?
smiah wrote:Hang in there waitandwatch!
I know how hard it is and the days seem to be going slower in the last month than ever before!
But, we are almost at the finish line and hopefully things will work out.
Keep us posted :)

----
Document submitted @ VFS Delhi on: 26-mar-2013
Documents received @ BHC: 2-apr-2013
Latest status:Under process at BDHC

desmortess

Re: Waiting for Spouse Visa

Post by desmortess » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:22 pm

K_Karan wrote:Congrats mate... that is a great news...:-)

All the best and good luck for the future mate....

by the way are you coming to London?
desmortess wrote:
K_Karan wrote:Hi desmortess,

Be patience, you are about to see light at the end of the tunnel. Just ridiculous for UKBA to take 3 months to even look at the documents. They do tend to lose the documents UKBA is well known for that. On a positive note they are happy with the all other documents it is just the payslips they need to GRANT the visa. I've read few post in the forums when UKBA come back asking for certain documents when documents are provided in all cases VISA was GRANTED. It is just matter of couple of days you would hear the good news.
desmortess wrote:
Hey karan

I am still waiting for my decision.
Applied on 27 Feb 2013- status remains the same "application forwarded to BHC".

20 May 2013 received call saying "payslip for nov,dec,jan,feb missing". what a joke? They took nearly 3 months to find out my payslips are missing. I said I will submit and ordered new one submitted on 22 may 2013.

Now, still no results.

Hey karan

Guesss whatttttttttt...

Got the visa ....phewwww what a relief....!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
:D :D

Thanks for ur motivation mate...

All the best for your future
Hey karan

I would love to come ...but not to london buddy..so busy life !!! anyway am going to wales

desmortess

Post by desmortess » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:34 pm

chohans wrote:
stitaprajna wrote:
VisA refused 22/05/2013
Hi

You have not seen your sponsor since 01/02/2012. At your interview at BHC you were not able to answer basic questions about your sponsor such as your wifes date of birth, what your sponsor does for a living, what your wifes telephone number is and when your wife divorced her previous husband. Because of this I am not satisfied that you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship..etc

Firstly I got married in India in June 2012, I have been back to India 7 times since Feb last year, of which I gave them all tickets and copies of my passport stamped and photos.
Yes my husband forgot my date of birth but did tell them the year and day. He does not know my number as he has it saved on his phone like I do. He did explain to them what I did but they wanted my official job title which is so long I dont even know. He did tell them approx when I divorced my ex husband but they wanted an exact date which I think is unfair.

My solicitor has assured me they have dug their own grave with the refusal letter, so hopefully wont be long for him to join me in uk.

Hope this helps.

If anyone wants to know more about the questions they ask let me know because if I knew what they would have asked I wouldn't have been in this situation
Hey chohans

Dont get me wrong. I know UKBA are crooks. As they always look for a reason to refuse application as we pay them so much and their aim to reduce the number of application and waste people time & money.

Remember we go to them and not they come to us.

So its our responsibility to satisfy them in every way they find a reason to go for refusal.

did you check is your solicitor registered OISC http://oisc.homeoffice.gov.uk

If not I recommend you to go for the one who is a registered OISC solicitor. This you will find in the site I had given you.

Further, normally UKBA dont call for interviews unless the application requires severe scrutiny.

What UKBA done is right !!!

desmortess

Post by desmortess » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:37 pm

waitnwatch wrote:Congrats desmortess.
When did you receive it?
desmortess wrote:

Be patience, you are about to see light at the end of the tunnel. Just ridiculous for UKBA to take 3 months to even look at the documents. They do tend to lose the documents UKBA is well known for that. On a positive note they are happy with the all other documents it is just the payslips they need to GRANT the visa. I've read few post in the forums when UKBA come back asking for certain documents when documents are provided in all cases VISA was GRANTED. It is just matter of couple of days you would hear the good news.
desmortess wrote:
Hey karan

I am still waiting for my decision.
Applied on 27 Feb 2013- status remains the same "application forwarded to BHC".

20 May 2013 received call saying "payslip for nov,dec,jan,feb missing". what a joke? They took nearly 3 months to find out my payslips are missing. I said I will submit and ordered new one submitted on 22 may 2013.

Now, still no results.

Hey karan

Guesss whatttttttttt...

Hiya

I applied on feb 26 and they took 60 working days to give my passport back to me.

chohans

Post by chohans » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:53 pm

desmortess wrote:
chohans wrote:
stitaprajna wrote:
VisA refused 22/05/2013
Hi

Hope this helps.

Hey chohans

Dont get me wrong. I know UKBA are crooks. As they always look for a reason to refuse application as we pay them so much and their aim to reduce the number of application and waste people time & money.

Remember we go to them and not they come to us.

So its our responsibility to satisfy them in every way they find a reason to go for refusal.

did you check is your solicitor registered OISC http://oisc.homeoffice.gov.uk

If not I recommend you to go for the one who is a registered OISC solicitor. This you will find in the site I had given you.

Further, normally UKBA dont call for interviews unless the application requires severe scrutiny.

What UKBA done is right !!!
Hi desmortess

What UKBA done was right??????????

What does that mean, on the first sentence of refusal they got it wrong

kumarpriya
Newly Registered

Post by kumarpriya » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi,

My appeal got refused which was held on 10th May, Could anybody please advice what is the procedure for going to Upper Tribunal and how much time it takes or what else we can do now ?

Regards

K_Karan

Post by K_Karan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Wales is lovely country mate...you would love it... on of the best place to start the new life. All the best dude.
desmortess wrote:
K_Karan wrote:Congrats mate... that is a great news...:-)

All the best and good luck for the future mate....

by the way are you coming to London?
desmortess wrote:

Hey karan

Guesss whatttttttttt...

Hey karan

I would love to come ...but not to london buddy..so busy life !!! anyway am going to wales

chohans

Post by chohans » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:14 pm

kumarpriya wrote:Hi,

My appeal got refused which was held on 10th May, Could anybody please advice what is the procedure for going to Upper Tribunal and how much time it takes or what else we can do now ?

Regards
hi Kumarpriya,

sorry to hear that on what grounds did it get refused

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:02 pm

Regards
It would help if you could give full reasons for refusal if you want some answers.If you have been refused at the application stage as well as appeal stage,it sounds as though you are going to have problems with any subsequent action you may take in the future

kumarpriya
Newly Registered

Post by kumarpriya » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:50 am

batleykhan wrote:

Regards
It would help if you could give full reasons for refusal if you want some answers.If you have been refused at the application stage as well as appeal stage,it sounds as though you are going to have problems with any subsequent action you may take in the future
Sir, As our lawyer has received the determination letter, she conveyed to us that it is 20 pages decision letter and judge has mentioned that it is not genuine marriage and genuine relationship and it is business relationship about which we are unable to understand what is business relationship?? Our lawyer is suggesting to go to upper tribunal and we have only 5 days to file in Upper Tribunal and it will take only another 4 weeks in Upper tribunal to solve the matter , there different judge will review the decision or otherwise if we wont file it in the Upper court, this means we are accepting the allegation and we will not be able to apply any visa in future. Although our lawyer has taken so much money till now, but she couldn't prove the truth in spite of giving so much evidences of our marriage. We are in so much confusion what to do now whether hubby should leave UK and come back to India or proceed further in Upper tribunal which is very painful at this stage. Please advice us as it is really very Imp!!

We have asked decision letter from our lawyer, as soon as we get it, I will share the same.

silver2012
Newly Registered

Post by silver2012 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:21 pm

waitnwatch wrote:My wife got a call from Mumbai BHC and they told her that the current processing time period is 60 working days and hence we should expect to hear about our application by end of this month or in worst case scenario by mid of next month. They are not in a position to provide the status before that timeframe.

One thing i don't understand here is that the documents and the forms are very similar to the Tier 1 dependant. Even as a settlement, the spouse does not gets an ILR before 3 or 5 years. So i think its not an indefinite leave then why is such a huge difference between processing of a settlement VISA and Tier 1 dependant. They need to be more transparent.
silver2012 wrote:
silver2012 wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

Any update frm BHC?
Hi,

Even I tried to contact them, now they are saying processing time is 12 weeks...

I think your wife application has already completed the given time frame isn't it?

waitnwatch
Newly Registered

Post by waitnwatch » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:40 pm

Which BHC did you submit your application? She was contacted by BHC Mumbai. Its 76 total days now. Well past beyond 49 working days.

Highly Frustrating. :evil:

silver2012 wrote:
waitnwatch wrote:My wife got a call from Mumbai BHC and they told her that the current processing time period is 60 working days and hence we should expect to hear about our application by end of this month or in worst case scenario by mid of next month. They are not in a position to provide the status before that timeframe.

silver2012 wrote:

Hi,

Any update frm BHC?
Hi,

Even I tried to contact them, now they are saying processing time is 12 weeks...

I think your wife application has already completed the given time frame isn't it?

kumarpriya
Newly Registered

Post by kumarpriya » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:38 pm

kumarpriya wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

Regards
Sir, As our lawyer has received the determination letter, she conveyed to us that it is 20 pages decision letter and judge has mentioned that it is not genuine marriage and genuine relationship and it is business relationship about which we are unable to understand what is business relationship?? Our lawyer is suggesting to go to upper tribunal and we have only 5 days to file in Upper Tribunal and it will take only another 4 weeks in Upper tribunal to solve the matter , there different judge will review the decision or otherwise if we wont file it in the Upper court, this means we are accepting the allegation and we will not be able to apply any visa in future. Although our lawyer has taken so much money till now, but she couldn't prove the truth in spite of giving so much evidences of our marriage. We are in so much confusion what to do now whether hubby should leave UK and come back to India or proceed further in Upper tribunal which is very painful at this stage. Please advice us as it is really very Imp!!

We have asked decision letter from our lawyer, as soon as we get it, I will share the same.
Also could you please clarify the following point :

- Is it possible to file an appeal in Upper tribunal and he can leave UK or he has to be present there personally for Appeal ?

- He can leave UK now and we can take further action after some time ( may be after 2-3 years )

Many thanks

silver2012
Newly Registered

Post by silver2012 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:16 pm

waitnwatch wrote:Which BHC did you submit your application? She was contacted by BHC Mumbai. Its 76 total days now. Well past beyond 49 working days.

Highly Frustrating. :evil:

silver2012 wrote:

silver2012 wrote:

Hi,

Any update frm BHC?
Hi,

I did apply from VFS Pune. So mailed Mumbai HC.

kumarpriya
Newly Registered

Post by kumarpriya » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:07 am

kumarpriya wrote:
kumarpriya wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

Regards

Also could you please clarify the following point :

- Is it possible to file an appeal in Upper tribunal and he can leave UK or he has to be present there personally for Appeal ?

- He can leave UK now and we can take further action after some time ( may be after 2-3 years )

Many thanks
@ batleykhan
Please check your pm

chohans

Post by chohans » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi all,

Quick update appeal faxed to court in the Uk 07/06/13 and also review sent to BHC New Delhi ECM on 07/06/13. Hopefully they will overturn the decision as we have proved this is a genuine and subsisting relationship.

Fingers Crossed

persistence 2
Newly Registered

Visa Refused

Post by persistence 2 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi

I am silent member of the form. Today my wife visa got rejected.
I am working as contractor with Limited company. Hence I am treated as self Employed. I submitted following evidence . My net earnings are more than 35k but UKBA has given rejection.

Refusal Reasons
On your application from your have stated that your sponsor is self employed with a limited company based in the UK. This company is called XXXXXXXX Ltd. According to FM se of the immigration rules you are required to provide specified evidence of your sponsor’s self employment . I note that you have not provided evidence of

1) Annual audited accounts or annual audited accounts .The latest un audited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation , from an accountant who is member of a UK recognized supervisort body( as defined in Companies Act 2006 )

2Business bank statements covering the same 12-month period as the company
Tax return CT 600.
3)A current appointment report from Companies House.

I have noted the following from your application

1) The letters submitted from XXXXXXXX Services do not confirm that they are from an accountant who is member of a recognized supervisory body

He is qualified accountant . I verified his details in ACCA register and I saw his
ACCA certificate . Accountant mentioned his ACCA num in letter. His email id is in use. I am working with him since last 5 years. Since last 5 years UKBA accepted his details and I got my HSMP extension and PR also.

2) The Llyods TSB company business bank statements submitted do not run consecutively. The entries for xxxxxxx to xxxxx are missing ( 20 days)

There is no entries in 20 days period. If there is no entries. How the bank statement is going to be generated.

3) Current appointment report added with list of documents.
I do not know why UKBA has given this reason.

4)English Language requirement

You are not exempt from English language requirement. Under paragraph E-ECP 4.2 . In addition you are not a national of majority English language speaking country
Listed in paragraph . GEN 1.6 you do not hold academic qualification recognised by NARIC to be equielent to the standard Bacelors and Masters degree . Which was taught in English. I therefore refuse your application .

My wife studied Master degree. I have taken UKBA points calculator university points awarding details and kept the screenshots of details.

Documents Submitted for year 2011and 2012

CT600
CT600 Acknowledgement
Wage slips
Dividend Vouchers
Annual Accounts
Corporate/business banking statements
Personnel Banking statements
Letter from accountant regarding Income
Current Appointment reports from Companies house
Abbreviated accounts submitted to Companies House
P60 for period financial year
Corp Tax Payment details
PAYE Payment details
Evidence submitted regarding self employment

1)Current appointment reports from companies house
2)Job contract
3)Letter from Agency

1)Accommodation Requirements

1)Tenancy Agreement ( Assured short hold tenancy agreement)
2)Council tax letter .

2)Registration Certificate issued by companies house
3)Proof for employer paying PAYE/National Insurance

Correspondence between HMRC that having Accounts office reference number, Proof of PAYE reference number

This was second rejection . In January they have given first rejection that
Income format is not correct. and my P-60 was missing. Even though I included P-60..I am working as self employed my pay amount is more than threshold So I did not kept any company documents.I thought that instead of going for appeal I applied second time with P-60, HMRC tax payment details,Corporation tax payment details. . First time they did not mentioned anything about Language requirements. First time also I submitted the screen shots from UKBA points calculator. UKBA is happy with evidence I provided that time.

Please advise me ?

I thought of going for appeal. All points mentioned by UKBA are not valid.

Time Line

Visa Applied : 22/02/2103
Visa Refused : 10/06/2013

waitnwatch
Newly Registered

Post by waitnwatch » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Any updates from people who applied around 20th March time frame?

I would request all silent observers to share their success stories. That would definitely help as well.

dhanyaa_kd
Newly Registered

Still waiting for settlement visa

Post by dhanyaa_kd » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Hey guys,

I've been reading this forum for months and I've just decided to share my situation as well.

Settlement visa applied on: 04/03/2013

Applied at: VFS, Bangalore

Documents processed to BHC, Chennai: 09/03/2013

It has been exactly 69 working days today and still no news :(