ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligible to apply for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tanz.88
Newly Registered

Eligible to apply for ILR?

Post by tanz.88 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:43 am

Hi,

I need some professional guidance in terms of when to apply for ILR.

Details of my Spouse Visa are as follow:
-Visa Granted : 19th April 2011 (27 month visa with 3 month leave to stay outside UK)
-Date Travelled : 24th June 2011 (67 days after visa, reason for late travelling is resignation from job and a test I had to take)
-Total Days Stayed Outside UK : 81 days (including the 14 days I travelled outside UK in 2012)

Now my visa is ending on 19th July and my 2 years stays will complete on 9th July 2013. I am wondering if I can apply before 9th July or not (as we can apply for ILR within 28 days of visa finishing. But the SET(M) says that applicant must have stayed in UK for at-least 2 years?

Your comments and replies are much appreciated

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Eligible to apply for ILR?

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:50 am

tanz.88 wrote:Hi,

I need some professional guidance in terms of when to apply for ILR.

Details of my Spouse Visa are as follow:
-Visa Granted : 19th April 2011 (27 month visa with 3 month leave to stay outside UK)
-Date Travelled : 24th June 2011 (67 days after visa, reason for late travelling is resignation from job and a test I had to take)
-Total Days Stayed Outside UK : 81 days (including the 14 days I travelled outside UK in 2012)

Now my visa is ending on 19th July and my 2 years stays will complete on 9th July 2013. I am wondering if I can apply before 9th July or not (as we can apply for ILR within 28 days of visa finishing. But the SET(M) says that applicant must have stayed in UK for at-least 2 years?

Your comments and replies are much appreciated

Thanks
You can apply from 28 days before completing your 2 years probationary period, that is after you have completed a period of 2 years in the UK, with a visa or permission to remain here in this category. This, if your 2 years completes in July then you could apply 28 days before that. You may wish to consider using the SCS - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... 8m%29/scs/
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.