ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exit for OverStayer(s)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Exit for OverStayer(s)

Post by samkma » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:50 pm

Just wondering
What is the procedure for an overstayer to leave UK, Can one just take his/her passport buy a ticket and proceed to the airport.??
This is for my knowledge and to ease down an argument that I had with a friend last week. :oops:

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:21 am

If to do this safely without coming across immigration at the exit, I suggest you use smaller airports and fly late night or early morning. Do not use Gatwick or Heathrow.

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:32 pm

Thank you for the response Jeff Albright, and I am not the ILLEGAL :shock:

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:51 pm

samkma wrote:Thank you for the response Jeff Albright, and I am not the ILLEGAL :shock:
I did not think you were 8)

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:42 pm

8)

antontony

Post by antontony » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:54 pm

There is no immigration control at the exit so far.

The government plans to introduce it later to detain and possibly try overstayes...

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:55 pm

antontony wrote:There is no immigration control at the exit so far.
There are sporadic controls already in place.

luckyon3
Newly Registered

Post by luckyon3 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:56 am

hi everyone, first time posting but I've been on here few times before reading different posts. Very interesting tho.

I remembered, my passport was swiped through a portable computer just before the check-in counter. He's didn't really check my passport when I entered the UK but only asked me how long I've been staying in the UK and He placed this little sitcker on the backside of the passport.
That was at Gatwick, was he a ECO or a security officer? I'm just curious, does anyone know?

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:21 pm

JAJ wrote:
antontony wrote:There is no immigration control at the exit so far.
There are sporadic controls already in place.
My UK passport was checked three weeks ago on departure from Gatwick, but wasn't a few days ago from LRH T2. Seems to me that it's getting less sporadic every day....
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:21 pm

luckyon3 wrote:hi everyone, first time posting but I've been on here few times before reading different posts. Very interesting tho.

I remembered, my passport was swiped through a portable computer just before the check-in counter. He's didn't really check my passport when I entered the UK but only asked me how long I've been staying in the UK and He placed this little sitcker on the backside of the passport.
That was at Gatwick, was he a ECO or a security officer? I'm just curious, does anyone know?
Almost certainly security
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:48 pm

luckyon3 wrote:hi everyone, first time posting but I've been on here few times before reading different posts. Very interesting tho.

Were you flying to the US? In any case, it was probably security. Exit passport checks by the Home Office are conducted after check in and security screening. They are being re-instated but are not yet universal. In my recent experience they are more often in place than not at Heathrow and in place about half the time at Waterloo (for the Channel Tunnel). I have not really been able to discern any pattern as to when they are present (which might of course be deliberate).

luckyon3
Newly Registered

Post by luckyon3 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:38 am

Yea, i was flying back to the US after visiting family.

m000n

Post by m000n » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:18 pm

HI
I m living in uk illegel.now i want to go back home india.what is the safest way to exit caz i dnt want me to stop by imigration.is there any checking method using on airports for exit?i have no pasport i will travel on travel ducoment and ticket.advice me on this mater i will be thanks ful to you all
Regards

bristol
Newly Registered

officer at the exit

Post by bristol » Fri May 18, 2007 10:13 am

hi..

I overstayed in the UK for 1 month. Thought i could get away. Unfortunately i was wrong. They made lots of new changes at the airport. They did check my passport at the exit and they caught me overstaying. Took me to a side and wrote down all my detail and stamped on my passport that i overstayed. Now i am having problem applying for my spouse visa.
Be careful cos they are becoming very strict with this kind of matter.

Good luck

m000n

exit

Post by m000n » Fri May 18, 2007 1:49 pm

so did they took fingers prints?

bristol
Newly Registered

Post by bristol » Fri May 18, 2007 2:22 pm

hi

they did not take any finger prints but just the passport number, name and when my visa expired and made me sign the form. said all this info will be in the system..so if i decide to change my passport they will stil know.

Just my bad day!!!

alba29

hi

Post by alba29 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:37 pm

bristol wrote:hi

they did not take any finger prints but just the passport number, name and when my visa expired and made me sign the form. said all this info will be in the system..so if i decide to change my passport they will stil know.

Just my bad day!!!
well this is what I just wonder... i am new just signed on today... and put an article about my poor mum's visa... she was cought at airport, but they didn't take her fingerpritns, just wrote on a notebook her details and now she has applied two days ago for a uk visa but they have said we need to do some more enquiries ... she was caught at gatwick airport returning home last august...
if someone can help me... with any message please

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Fri May 18, 2007 9:30 pm

bristol wrote:hi
Just my bad day!!!
Whether it is on the system or not should not concern you.
They can remove you from the system when you get your spouse visa and reenter the UK (the immigration officer will take your details and will remove your previous records from their system).

Jeff Albright

Re: hi

Post by Jeff Albright » Fri May 18, 2007 9:32 pm

well this is what I just wonder... i am new just signed on today... and put an article about my poor mum's visa... she was cought at airport, but they didn't take her fingerpritns, just wrote on a notebook her details and now she has applied two days ago for a uk visa but they have said we need to do some more enquiries ... she was caught at gatwick airport returning home last august...
if someone can help me... with any message please
What do you mean by "caught"? Caught for what?
What visa has she applied for?

yesenia
Newly Registered

Post by yesenia » Wed May 23, 2007 2:04 pm

Regarding a student who has overstayed and wants to go back and reapply as a spouse visa.

Is it true that IOM can be contacted to help to sort out the passport situation and return back, apparently, they will contact the Home office and receive your files and inform them of your departure, as it also helps with government figures of who have left. Would you recommended and if not why?

Apparently the programme It's called the AVRIM programme that helps irregular migrants (not refugees) who overstayed their visa to get back. The best thing about it is it stops you being detained and being served an IS151 form and you set the date of return with them with no pressure.

If someone were to use the IOM to go home and were then to reapply, Proving that you pay for your own flights etc back to the country of origin, and not taking money off them. Would it look bad on their reapplication as a spouse visa? Or rather it will show the ECO that a a positive move was made to correct what is wrong and do things the right way?.

Please shed some light to the above. Your help and any experiences with regards to the above are gratefully appreciated

immigration1

Re: officer at the exit

Post by immigration1 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:48 pm

bristol wrote:hi..

I overstayed in the UK for 1 month. Thought i could get away. Unfortunately i was wrong. They made lots of new changes at the airport. They did check my passport at the exit and they caught me overstaying. Took me to a side and wrote down all my detail and stamped on my passport that i overstayed. Now i am having problem applying for my spouse visa.
Be careful cos they are becoming very strict with this kind of matter.

Good luck
What exactly did they stamp in your passport? The exact wording? Thanks