ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going to uk without FP on car

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Diomond

Going to uk without FP on car

Post by Diomond » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi All, Going to uk without FP on car from dublin to liverpool, Would i be stopped there by immigration? As i was removed from uk last year being overstayer. I hold 4eufam and going with my eu wife.What the chances are ??????

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: Going to uk without FP on car

Post by ukforever » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:38 pm

Diomond wrote:Hi All, Going to uk without FP on car from dublin to liverpool, Would i be stopped there by immigration? As i was removed from uk last year being overstayer. I hold 4eufam and going with my eu wife.What the chances are ??????
as far as i know,you might be stopped and questioned,but they can't possibly do anything about it rather than mess with u and your wife for several hours then they must let u in,this is in case u are allowed to board the ferry,sometimes there is no immigration officers in both sides and the only way they can refuse u entry is under public policy, public security or public health,other than that they must let u in provided u show them marriage certificate your passports and that's all and print out some sections of the directive which gives u the right to accompany or join your eu wife because u enjoy the benefits of the directive and the free movement of citizens,but expect them to be nasty with both of u as some couples done it and they have been messed up at the borders from ukba staff at port in calais,one of the couples i remember i read about ,the spouse(male) was removed from the uk and even had a conviction and spent prison in the uk before he came back with his wife if i'm not mistaken,the ukba staff did hold him for 7 hours and they questioned him and his wife who was british i think,so i think if u google it,u will find those stories from this forum.
UK------++++-------****

Diomond

Re: Going to uk without FP on car

Post by Diomond » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:36 am

ukforever wrote:
Diomond wrote:Hi All, Going to uk without FP on car from dublin to liverpool, Would i be stopped there by immigration? As i was removed from uk last year being overstayer. I hold 4eufam and going with my eu wife.What the chances are ??????
as far as i know,you might be stopped and questioned,but they can't possibly do anything about it rather than mess with u and your wife for several hours then they must let u in,this is in case u are allowed to board the ferry,sometimes there is no immigration officers in both sides and the only way they can refuse u entry is under public policy, public security or public health,other than that they must let u in provided u show them marriage certificate your passports and that's all and print out some sections of the directive which gives u the right to accompany or join your eu wife because u enjoy the benefits of the directive and the free movement of citizens,but expect them to be nasty with both of u as some couples done it and they have been messed up at the borders from ukba staff at port in calais,one of the couples i remember i read about ,the spouse(male) was removed from the uk and even had a conviction and spent prison in the uk before he came back with his wife if i'm not mistaken,the ukba staff did hold him for 7 hours and they questioned him and his wife who was british i think,so i think if u google it,u will find those stories from this forum.
Thanks for your reply.. i believe they have to let me in, But they will make our life miserable there,, wht about if we dont encounter ay immigration at port but if i encounter when i am in UK,, what can they do the,,, As i am just planning to live a week and come back to Ireland??

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:20 am

It does not matter where you encounter immigration check, either at the border posts or at a stop and search routine, you have a right of admission into the UK being a holder of 4EUFAM.

Do have in mind that, If your family member is a British citizen they must have been employed or self employed in Ireland before you can have a right of admission in the UK. If your family member is a British Citizen I will encourage you to have proof of their activities in Ireland to yourself when entering the UK

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:17 pm

dalebutt wrote:It does not matter where you encounter immigration check, either at the border posts or at a stop and search routine, you have a right of admission into the UK being a holder of 4EUFAM.

Do have in mind that, If your family member is a British citizen they must have been employed or self employed in Ireland before you can have a right of admission in the UK. If your family member is a British Citizen I will encourage you to have proof of their activities in Ireland to yourself when entering the UK
Thanks dalebutt,, Actually she is not a british national.One thing wht scares me is not to spend a night at police station :P I have been detained before in UK so i know how it feels like, But i hv acquire right of residence under EU law after my deportation, Tht could be a problem???????

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:22 pm

yes,as dalebutt said,if your wife is british they might take longer in questioning u and your wife and they will ask to see that your wife exercised her treaty right as a worker or self employed and that you have been living together in ireland,but if she is from another eu country,it doesn't matter if u lived before there or not because of the free movement and the directive.

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/
UK------++++-------****

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:31 pm

If after presenting the necessary documents to show your right of admission, they still decided to arrest you of which will be very unlikely, you can take judicial actions against them.

UKBA staffs are well learned with regards these rules, so expect that if one doesn't know the staff around would know the rules.

You previous deportation should only become a problem if you were deported on one of the reasons that an EU citizen would normally be deported, so anything outside of it shouldn't be a problem

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:40 pm

dalebutt wrote:If after presenting the necessary documents to show your right of admission, they still decided to arrest you of which will be very unlikely, you can take judicial actions against them.

UKBA staffs are well learned with regards these rules, so expect that if one doesn't know the staff around would know the rules.

You previous deportation should only become a problem if you were deported on one of the reasons that an EU citizen would normally be deported, so anything outside of it shouldn't be a problem
i agree on the above.
UK------++++-------****

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:45 pm

It's possible that you may not encounter any Immigration Officers.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:57 pm

By the way when are you going? me and my wife are doing the same in the days to come/

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:58 pm

It depends actually. One is mostly likely to encounter immigration if traveling via holyhead or Liverpool, there are other routes which are much less frequent to checks.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Pablito wrote:By the way when are you going? me and my wife are doing the same in the days to come/
We are definately going end of this month, When u guys going??

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:45 pm

Diomond wrote:
Pablito wrote:By the way when are you going? me and my wife are doing the same in the days to come/

I think 13th this month.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:47 pm

dalebutt wrote:It depends actually. One is mostly likely to encounter immigration if traveling via holyhead or Liverpool, there are other routes which are much less frequent to checks.
Thanks dalebutt, i was planning to go via liverpool to be honest. Wht other routes would be better to go?? If you can mention them please i would go that way,,,,,, Thanks in advance

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Pablito wrote:
Diomond wrote:

I think 13th this month.
Thanks Pabilto,,,,, which route you going??? Please update the outcomes.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Calais, no problem i will

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Pablito wrote:Calais, no problem i will
Okk , we will be going from Ireland to UK,,, wil post the outcomes,, and will wait for ur outcomes,,, Good luck

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:29 am

I would expect the UKBA at Calais to be the finest in the force.

They will have met almost every situation, and will have the correct procedure.

GW.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:I would expect the UKBA at Calais to be the finest in the force.

GW.
i agree with GW,i've read so many stories of couples who went through calais so i guess they are aware of the process more than anyone else at ports,as long as i remember,reading about port cases,most couples go through calais,its the easy way for visa national and their eu/british sponsor,because boarding a plane is likely mission impossible,so i guess for so many couples its the only way,lets hope its going to go as smooth as possible for the OP and for pablito too,as he's going to be the first to do it next..good luck.
UK------++++-------****

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:I would expect the UKBA at Calais to be the finest in the force.

GW.
Wht about Dublin to liverpool???? Any idea???

euroguys

Post by euroguys » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:07 pm

It worked fine from north Spain the ferry didnt know but as I arrived with all the info printed ect a couple of hours early we eventualy boarded. It took 3 calls to Pourtsmouth Immigration the Number is/was 6 weeks ago +44239952749

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:56 pm

euroguys wrote:It worked fine from north Spain the ferry didnt know but as I arrived with all the info printed ect a couple of hours early we eventualy boarded. It took 3 calls to Portsmouth Immigration the Number is/was 6 weeks ago +44239952749
It would be very interesting if you could give more detail of you boarding experience.

For example, what caused the delay? Who called Portsmouth Immigration? Why 3 calls?