ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Posted it and spotted mistake !

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KickAss
Member of Standing

Posted it and spotted mistake !

Post by KickAss » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:22 am

Posted my application today and figured out I used an older application form instead of the one published after 6th April.
Payment is by check of 1020 instead of 1051 in new application
Cant chase post man now... :(
Any suggestions ?

entrepreneur123

Re: Posted it and spotted mistake !

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:23 am

when is your current visa expiring?
KickAss wrote:Posted my application today and figured out I used an older application form instead of the one published after 6th April.
Any suggestions ?

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:24 am

entrepreneur123 wrote:when is your current visa expiring?
KickAss wrote:Posted my application today and figured out I used an older application form instead of the one published after 6th April.
Any suggestions ?
Next year Jan 2014

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:26 am

I am not expert, but one option can be if you ask bank to cancel cheque then your application will be returned because of payment unsuccessful. wait for other reply

KickAss wrote:
Any suggestions ?
Next year Jan 2014

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:50 am

Does anyone know any contact number where I can call and ask them what to do ?

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:23 pm

entrepreneur123 wrote:I am not expert, but one option can be if you ask bank to cancel cheque then your application will be returned because of payment unsuccessful. wait for other reply

KickAss wrote:
Any suggestions ?
Next year Jan 2014
ok, CALL UKBA AND INFORM THEM ABOUT THE MISTAKE SO THEY CAN RETURN YOUR YOUR APP
Last edited by monolyte on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:36 pm

monolyte wrote:
entrepreneur123 wrote:I am not expert, but one option can be if you ask bank to cancel cheque then your application will be returned because of payment unsuccessful. wait for other reply

KickAss wrote:
Next year Jan 2014

I AGREE WITH YOUR SUGGESTION. FOR SPEEDY RESULT. THEN HE CAN RE-APPLY
Any Idea how long does this take.. need to get fresh bank statemetns as they will be older than a month now ! :(
Such a pain !

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Any suggestions ?
IF YOU INCLUDED A SELF ADDRESSED RETURN ENVELOP ITS GOING TO BE RETURNED QUICKLY. A ONE MONTH OLD STATEMENT IS OK DEPENDING ON WHEN YOU APPLIED. BUT A RETURN ENVELOP WOULD HAVE MADE EASIER ITS GET BACK TO YOU FASTER.
Last edited by monolyte on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lola22

Post subject: Re: Posted it and spotted mistake !

Post by Lola22 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:50 pm

If you can get their enquiry number to call it will be better if not, your application will be returned but it you be recorded on their system that you applied and did not pay.

If you cannot get any help just make sure that when your application is returned you do make any mistake. If your visa if granted, then the non- payment issue will not count against you.

Good luck.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:53 pm

was not able to send return envelope coz of size n weight.
Anyways I am pissed at myself now...
Went through each n every bit of documents and didnt looked at ukba website for updates !!!!!
Stopping the check seems correct thing. coz this way ill loose 10 else its 1020....

smartmind101

what ?????????

Post by smartmind101 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:58 pm

it is so so so difficult to believe that somebody can be so careless also....

KickAss
Member of Standing

Re: what ?????????

Post by KickAss » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:06 pm

smartmind101 wrote:it is so so so difficult to believe that somebody can be so careless also....
Look at my previous posts mate and you will know how much i prepared for it.
and yeah made a mistake on this coz was working on my application from months.

But yeah you are correct and you have every right to say this now as I indeed have done probably the silliest mistake in this forum ! :(

Lola22

Post by Lola22 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:23 pm

I will not blame you.

Sometimes, it is easier when you are helping someone with their application then you doing your application alone. Mistakes happens! No body is perfect. We are just trying our best. Just try and call the UKBA enquiry numbers or call 0870 606 7766 and confirm the right number to call.

Good luck!

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Re: what ?????????

Post by babylondoner » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:37 pm

KickAss wrote:
smartmind101 wrote:it is so so so difficult to believe that somebody can be so careless also....
Look at my previous posts mate and you will know how much i prepared for it.
and yeah made a mistake on this coz was working on my application from months.

But yeah you are correct and you have every right to say this now as I indeed have done probably the silliest mistake in this forum ! :(
lolzzzzzzzz. so you spent so much time, all these months reading the wrong, outdated policy guidance . lolzzzzzzzz.

Saeedrehman

Post by Saeedrehman » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:45 pm

Won't the UKBA return your application themselves anyway?? Due to wrong application fees and application form?

Saeedrehman

Post by Saeedrehman » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:52 pm

This is mentioned on new application form.. hope this helps.

Please note that your application is invalid
if you do not pay the specified fee in full or
if you pay by any method other than those
specified above. You will be required to
make a fresh application, and any delay in
doing so may affect your appeal rights if
your application is subsequently refused.

So I think its safer to give them a call anyways but it could be that they might return it themselves.

good luck!!

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:28 pm

you kickAsss big time i guess ............. or i guess u need a kick now LOL just kidding SIR.

anyway you cheque is of wrong amount so it will be returned back to you .... so i will say try contacting them via phone or email and try to get it back if not than withdraw the funds from your account but also bearing in mind if you are using same account for maintenance funds than you dont let the balance go below than you required for maintenance.

hope it help

regards
Any suggestions ?

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:34 pm

:)
Was expecting you will comment here mate ! :D
I am good had a talk with someone at UKBA and he said ill get all my docs back and can reapply.
they will not process it and reject it on Tuesday or Wed. so will hopefully get it next Monday or so...
I have 7 months left on my visa so nothing to loose at this stage.

Checked this forum and a guy had a declined transaction and he got it on 10th while he applied on 5th. Mine wont be processed as its an invalid applications.

Learning from my mistake , but well here I am craving to go back from office and have a beer !

Thanks all those helped n those too who made me felt miserable
(I deserved it n will channel it positively :) )!

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:38 pm

If u learn for a mistake than its not a mistake anymore lol

Yes u definatly need a beer mate but mke sure u drink enugh n dnt complete new version of aplication form after lol

Gud luck

Regards.

KickAss wrote::)
Was expecting you will comment here mate ! :D
I am good had a talk with someone at UKBA and he said ill get all my docs back and can reapply.
they will not process it and reject it on Tuesday or Wed. so will hopefully get it next Monday or so...
I have 7 months left on my visa so nothing to loose at this stage.

Checked this forum and a guy had a declined transaction and he got it on 10th while he applied on 5th. Mine wont be processed as its an invalid applications.

Learning from my mistake , but well here I am craving to go back from office and have a beer !

Thanks all those helped n those too who made me felt miserable
(I deserved it n will channel it positively :) )!

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:57 pm

Any suggestions ?
Dont worry as Human is to err.In this situation, you dont have any other choice to deal with it,but the only choice to cancell you cheque because the first step on your application within the UKBA is to take out your money.Your application will be returned for want of required fee as and when their access to your amount is failed.It may take upto 20days.I have noticed that you have valid visa until January 2014,so you can easily make a fresh application after correcting your existing mistakes.

Good luck.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Mr Legal wrote:
Any suggestions ?
Dont worry as Human is to err.In this situation, you dont have any other choice to deal with it,but the only choice to cancell you cheque because the first step on your application within the UKBA is to take out your money.Your application will be returned for want of required fee as and when their access to your amount is failed.It may take upto 20days.I have noticed that you have valid visa until January 2014,so you can easily make a fresh application after correcting your existing mistakes.

Good luck.
Cheers for replying mate
but are you saying that they will take 1020 out of my bank and refuse my application later ?

In that case I guess it will be safe to keep my balance as 1010 and I wont withdraw any money /direct debit as I am also using it for showing maintenance funds.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:26 pm

brother best way is to call your bank to block payment because if you will keep your balance lower than cheque (say 10 pounds) then bank still might allow payment and charge you for unplanned overdraft. and if fee is processed by mistake then it will take time to get your documents until decision is made...

KickAss wrote:
Mr Legal wrote:
Any suggestions ?

Good luck.
Cheers for replying mate
but are you saying that they will take 1020 out of my bank and refuse my application later ?

In that case I guess it will be safe to keep my balance as 1010 and I wont withdraw any money /direct debit as I am also using it for showing maintenance funds.

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:01 pm

Any suggestions ?
what I think is that they will send back your whole application as 'invalid' and ask you to resubmit ... dont worry. Its not a big issue.

They will not reject your visa neither will they deposit the check in bank with incorrect fee. they are not mad to do that.