ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is baby stateless when i've got ILR and my wife Tier1 Dep?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

razs
Newly Registered

Is baby stateless when i've got ILR and my wife Tier1 Dep?

Post by razs » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:59 pm

I've got my ILR in May-2013 while my wife is still on Tier 1 (General) Dependant and both of us have NO British Passport
Baby born on December-2012 while i was on Tier 1 (General) migrant visa at that time and the baby has NO PASSPORT of any country yet

A little confused when i read the statement on guide_mn1 page 18 http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... de_mn1.pdf
1.9 Enter the child's present nationality. If an application is being made on the basis that
the child is stateless (i.e. he or she does not have the nationality of any country), an
application should be made on form S2 or S3.

Having no Passport of any other county, Is baby now cosidered STATELESS or is it just matter of registering, as baby becomes British Citizen as soon as i got ILR?

What if child has no passport, should i put the Form_MN1 application without passport number?

I've read following link which reads [Child passport (if has one)] which implies it is not mandatory

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747 says
Q2: Which documents are needed for registration as BC?

If applying under section 1(3) (child born in the UK to parents who now at least one parent holds ILR), the following documents are required:

- Full UK birth certificate for the child (with the ILR parent named on it).
- Child passport (if has one).
- Parent's passport showing ILR / BRP.
- Marriage certificate (if child born before 2006).

All documents need to be originals. Not a photocopy.

Many Thanks for your help

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is baby stateless when i've got ILR and my wife Tier1 De

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:03 pm

razs wrote:I've got my ILR in May-2013 while my wife is still on Tier 1 (General) Dependant and both of us have NO British Passport
Baby born on December-2012 while i was on Tier 1 (General) migrant visa at that time and the baby has NO PASSPORT of any country yet

A little confused when i read the statement on guide_mn1 page 18 http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... de_mn1.pdf
1.9 Enter the child's present nationality. If an application is being made on the basis that
the child is stateless (i.e. he or she does not have the nationality of any country), an
application should be made on form S2 or S3.

Having no Passport of any other county, Is baby now cosidered STATELESS or is it just matter of registering, as baby becomes British Citizen as soon as i got ILR?

What if child has no passport, should i put the Form_MN1 application without passport number?

I've read following link which reads [Child passport (if has one)] which implies it is not mandatory

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747 says
Q2: Which documents are needed for registration as BC?

If applying under section 1(3) (child born in the UK to parents who now at least one parent holds ILR), the following documents are required:

- Full UK birth certificate for the child (with the ILR parent named on it).
- Child passport (if has one).
- Parent's passport showing ILR / BRP.
- Marriage certificate (if child born before 2006).

All documents need to be originals. Not a photocopy.

Many Thanks for your help
Would the child not have automatically attained the citizenship of your (the parents) nationality?

The child is perhaps de facto stateless but not de jure.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:11 pm

You are not the first one to think that not holding a passport makes you stateless. It doesn't.

See similar question - British Citizenship Registration for 1 Year old child.

razs
Newly Registered

Post by razs » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:20 pm

Many Thanks Jambo...
Thats a relief