ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:53 pm

sanny26 wrote:So i pick up the courage to ring ukba since they talking about 12 week after biometric u should ring, so i rang within 5 mins lady answer phone,she sounds nice i told her i want a update on ma case she took my reference number,name,d.o.b and nationally she ask wen i made ma application i told her 5th october 2012 she told me human rights application are taking up to 12 weeks after biometric to considered,so i said to her well mines as reach the 12 week mark she ask when did i complete my biometric i told her 1st march she check it and said yes i reach the 12 week mark and she dont know why the hold up,and they dont give nomore information on the system... SMH(shake my head)SIGHHHH..... The day my documents reach my house i probably cry tears of joy after this long and stressful wait....
Totally understand your feeling because we're on the same boat xx
I enrolled my biometrics just a week after you. And it's an extension after the first 3 years DLR too.
E-mailed my MP's office and telling me the same "nothing further we can do until we've received a response from UKBA". Sigh... :"-(

SDP

Post by SDP » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:31 pm

sanny26 wrote:So i pick up the courage to ring ukba since they talking about 12 week after biometric u should ring, so i rang within 5 mins lady answer phone,she sounds nice i told her i want a update on ma case she took my reference number,name,d.o.b and nationally she ask wen i made ma application i told her 5th october 2012 she told me human rights application are taking up to 12 weeks after biometric to considered,so i said to her well mines as reach the 12 week mark she ask when did i complete my biometric i told her 1st march she check it and said yes i reach the 12 week mark and she dont know why the hold up,and they dont give nomore information on the system... SMH(shake my head)SIGHHHH..... The day my documents reach my house i probably cry tears of joy after this long and stressful wait....
Hmmm...so it was not much of help then !

Mani jan
Newly Registered

Post by Mani jan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi guys when we can call ukba, can i call after 12 weeks of biometric done, even it's not been six monts since I applied . I applied in 15 January 2013 can I call ukba for update I hve done my biometric 3weeks before please help.

rec212

Update

Post by rec212 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:57 pm

I called my solicitor regarding my new FLR(o) application and I asked him this:

Me: "What are my chances for this new FLR(o) article 8 to be accepted"?

Him: "I don't know, you should be happy with any sort of leave you get, even 3 months leave just so that you can back on the track"

I am a bit confused with his answer especially those 3 months that he mentioned...

What do you think guys?

P.S
I came here on a prospective student visa.
I made an FLR(o) application which was refused cuz I was given the wrong legal advice.
my visa expired and I am now making a new FLR (o) application.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:27 pm

ale001 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
ale001 wrote:Hi guys, is it a must for my MP to complete the Complaint form and send to the Parliamentary Ombudsman?

Can't i complete the form myself and send to the Ombudsman?

There's a section on the form that the mp has to sign and then he sends it to the ombudsman...
OK thanks. But what is the effect of making complain to the Ombudsman through MP?

The Parliamentary ombudsman is very powerful in getting Public Services to react positively to public concerns on those services. The only difficulty in getting to them might be your MP. Yes you have to go through your MP and some of them may be reluctant to put through the ombudsman. But I guarantee that if your MP allow you to speak to the Ombudsman, your case will be sorted. But I cannot guarantee what the outcome will be.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:49 pm

so I see its useless using the 12 week rule to follow up...had my biometrics in March as well and was just waiting for the date to follow up...coz am more than fed up......

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:52 pm

cookies wrote:
ThisYear wrote:@Cookie...don't worry looks like it's being worked on. All the best.
cookies wrote:Hi everyone

I got a letter from the Home Office today requesting my daughter's and partner's ORIGINAL passports and our daughter's ORIGINAL FULL birth certificate!
I am so angry at my solicitor, he told he that copies were fine and I remember asking him if he was sure as I read that they want ORIGINAL documents and NOT copies! Well, anyway, after having a very stressful morning I have sent both passports and birth certificate using next day recorded secure delivery to my solicitor. The HO wants the documents by June 12 to be able to make a decision. Should I be worried? :(

Thought I'd share this to avoid other people making the same mistake.

Happy Week to all x
Thanks This Year, good luck with your application and welcome to the forum!
@ Cookies

There is no cause for you to be worried nor annoyed, even thou the solicitor was wring to have advised you to submit photocopy of documents, this is a clear requirement by UKBA to have all documents ''originals'' submitted.

Anyway you have to be happy as this is confirmation that your application have actually been looked, on receipt of the original document requested you can be assured you case will be granted within 2 - 4 weeks.

I am congratulating you in advance............cheerio!!! :D :) :D
FLR(O) 2013
Application sent: 7.5.2013
Received by UKBA: 8.5.2013
Payment taken: 9.5.2013.
Ack letter: Received 13.5.2013
Biometrics letter received: 17.5.2013
Biometrics done: 17.5.2013.
Final outcome: Application GRANTED 5.6.13

oishola77778

Re: Update

Post by oishola77778 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:56 pm

rec212 wrote:I called my solicitor regarding my new FLR(o) application and I asked him this:

Me: "What are my chances for this new FLR(o) article 8 to be accepted"?

Him: "I don't know, you should be happy with any sort of leave you get, even 3 months leave just so that you can back on the track"

I am a bit confused with his answer especially those 3 months that he mentioned...

What do you think guys?

P.S
I came here on a prospective student visa.
I made an FLR(o) application which was refused cuz I was given the wrong legal advice.
my visa expired and I am now making a new FLR (o) application.
I would not be worried as your solicitor ain't a caseworker, I am sure if you had asked the same question before paying solicitor fees/cost, the response from your solicitor would have been different.

do not worry yourself and be positive.
FLR(O) 2013

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:01 pm

sanny26 wrote:

I got a letter from the Home Office today requesting my daughter's and partner's ORIGINAL passports and our daughter's ORIGINAL FULL birth certificate!
I am so angry at my solicitor, he told he that copies were fine and I remember asking him if he was sure as I read that they want ORIGINAL documents and NOT copies! Well, anyway, after having a very stressful morning I have sent both passports and birth certificate using next day recorded secure delivery to my solicitor. The HO wants the documents by June 14 to be able to make a decision. Should I be worried? :(

Happy Week to all x

My friend send copies of her daughter and partner and they did accept the copies and she was granted so i think its probably down to the case worker.
you are correct as in most cases it is at caseworkers discretion, but you will also find that if your friend's application is an extension the caseworker in most cases might not request ''original'' documents but for fresh applications chances of requesting such is imminent.
FLR(O) 2013

oishola77778

Re: Still waiting

Post by oishola77778 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:07 pm

ThisYear wrote:Hi All, I have been following this forum since 2010. Applied in Feb 2012 based on private life / parent of BC plus overstayed since 2008 :? I have been here sine 1996 etc. I received a request for further info in early May this was after I wrote a letter of complaint to Mr Whiteman in feb 2013.

Still waiting......done the hair pulling, nail biting, postman watching, prayer and fasting :o

Congrats to those who no longer have to endure this uncertainty and goodnews will come to us who are still here :D
@ New Year,

Am quite confused with your case, you have been in the UK since 1996, I am confused why your application is FLR(O) and not under 14 years rule which you could have submitted some 3 years ago before the rule changed.
FLR(O) 2013

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:08 pm

oishola77778 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

I am so angry at my solicitor, he told he that copies were fine and I remember asking him if he was sure as I read that they want ORIGINAL documents and NOT copies! Well, anyway, after having a very stressful morning I have sent both passports and birth certificate using next day recorded secure delivery to my solicitor. The HO wants the documents by June 14 to be able to make a decision. Should I be worried? :(

Happy Week to all x

My friend send copies of her daughter and partner and they did accept the copies and she was granted so i think its probably down to the case worker.
you are correct as in most cases it is at caseworkers discretion, but you will also find that if your friend's application is an extension the caseworker in most cases might not request ''original'' documents but for fresh applications chances of requesting such is imminent.

Yes your right hers was a extension...

es2013
United Kingdom

Re: overstayer needing help

Post by es2013 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:18 pm

cookies wrote:
es2013 wrote:hello everyone, congs to all those that got their good news;
AM an overstayer who is due to give birth anytime this month. My partner is british and we are looking to legalize my stay. We are not married. I dont work, and living on one wage means we cant afford both solicitor fees and application fees together. I know the case is considered complicated but has any of you done your own research and produced your own evidence without the using a solicitor. What are the chances of being successful? Urgent advice please stressed and exhausted.
Thanks and good luck to those waiting for their responses
Hi Es!

Can you tell us more? How long have you been with your partner? How long have you been LIVING with your partner? How long have you been in the UK? And how long have you overstayed? What visa were you on before you overstayed?

I have been with my partner 2 years and lived with him since we met but i dont pay any bills as he pays most of them. I came here on a working holiday visa which expired 2 and a half years ago, i couldnt renew it then. It was a 2 year visa which i got 4 years ago. Thanks
Welcome to the forum!

cookies
Scotland

Re: overstayer needing help

Post by cookies » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:25 pm

es2013 wrote:
cookies wrote:
es2013 wrote:hello everyone, congs to all those that got their good news;
AM an overstayer who is due to give birth anytime this month. My partner is british and we are looking to legalize my stay. We are not married. I dont work, and living on one wage means we cant afford both solicitor fees and application fees together. I know the case is considered complicated but has any of you done your own research and produced your own evidence without the using a solicitor. What are the chances of being successful? Urgent advice please stressed and exhausted.
Thanks and good luck to those waiting for their responses
Hi Es!

Can you tell us more? How long have you been with your partner? How long have you been LIVING with your partner? How long have you been in the UK? And how long have you overstayed? What visa were you on before you overstayed?

I have been with my partner 2 years and lived with him since we met but i dont pay any bills as he pays most of them. I came here on a working holiday visa which expired 2 and a half years ago, i couldnt renew it then. It was a 2 year visa which i got 4 years ago. Thanks
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks Es! I would recommend waiting until your baby is born and you've registered him or her (would be a plus if you also wait until you get your baby a british passport) before you apply, after that if you have proof that you've been living with your partner for 2 + years then you have a case, I would however recommend you get a solicitor to help you with the paperwork e.g: case law, etc. hope this helps and congratulations on the new baby!
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:58 am

oishola77778 wrote:
cookies wrote:
ThisYear wrote:@Cookie...don't worry looks like it's being worked on. All the best.

I am so angry at my solicitor, he told he that copies were fine and I remember asking him if he was sure as I read that they want ORIGINAL documents and NOT copies! Well, anyway, after having a very stressful morning I have sent both passports and birth certificate using next day recorded secure delivery to my solicitor. The HO wants the documents by June 12 to be able to make a decision. Should I be worried? :(

Happy Week to all x
@ Cookies

There is no cause for you to be worried nor annoyed, even thou the solicitor was wring to have advised you to submit photocopy of documents, this is a clear requirement by UKBA to have all documents ''originals'' submitted.

Anyway you have to be happy as this is confirmation that your application have actually been looked, on receipt of the original document requested you can be assured you case will be granted within 2 - 4 weeks.

Thanks Oishola, your support is very valuable to me, I'm sure you will receive good news this week or the next! :X
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

11akb

Post by 11akb » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:08 pm

Chidy wrote:
ale001 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
ale001 wrote:Hi guys, is it a must for my MP to complete the Complaint form and send to the Parliamentary Ombudsman?

Can't i complete the form myself and send to the Ombudsman?

There's a section on the form that the mp has to sign and then he sends it to the ombudsman...
OK thanks. But what is the effect of making complain to the Ombudsman through MP?

The Parliamentary ombudsman is very powerful in getting Public Services to react positively to public concerns on those services. The only difficulty in getting to them might be your MP. Yes you have to go through your MP and some of them may be reluctant to put through the ombudsman. But I guarantee that if your MP allow you to speak to the Ombudsman, your case will be sorted. But I cannot guarantee what the outcome will be.
thanks for sharing information about parliamentrary ombudsman ....its been one year since i made fresh application and i call homeoffice and they come up with same rubbish so i am thinking to write ombudsman cant wait this summer come and go ....

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:19 pm

@SDP and 2013.....welcome to the forum and pray that all goes well with your application.

Hello eerbody.....still waiting and stopped plucking out my nail.Instead,will pray and soldier on for God is fighting for me at the HO.So,lets enjoy the summer days and catch some sunrays....*bigsmile*.....

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:46 pm

So i email rob whiteman yesterday,and here's the reply i got same as usual, Hopes this info helps......... Thank you for your email to rob whiteman, i have been ask to reply.

Firstly on the behalf of the homeoffice i would like to apologise for the delay in processing your application. I am afraid that in 2012 the number of application we received acrross a number of migration route was higher than anticipated and consequently it is taking longer than we would like to process them.

We have recruited additional staff to assist us in reducing waiting times and we are now making progress in reducing the number of cases outstanding. The request for biometric is a process which is done ahead of the consideration of your application as part of the validation procedure and its not a indication of when a application will be considered.

We have committed to resolving the remaining cases by the summer. I am afraid i am unable to give you a more precise timescale,but please be assured we are doing everyting we possible can to resolve cases as quickly as possible.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:05 pm

sanny26 wrote:So i email rob whiteman yesterday,and here's the reply i got same as usual, Hopes this info helps......... Thank you for your email to rob whiteman, i have been ask to reply.

Firstly on the behalf of the homeoffice i would like to apologise for the delay in processing your application. I am afraid that in 2012 the number of application we received acrross a number of migration route was higher than anticipated and consequently it is taking longer than we would like to process them.

We have recruited additional staff to assist us in reducing waiting times and we are now making progress in reducing the number of cases outstanding. The request for biometric is a process which is done ahead of the consideration of your application as part of the validation procedure and its not a indication of when a application will be considered.

We have committed to resolving the remaining cases by the summer. I am afraid i am unable to give you a more precise timescale,but please be assured we are doing everyting we possible can to resolve cases as quickly as possible.
A very vaque answer. What a shame :(

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Time503 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:So i email rob whiteman yesterday,and here's the reply i got same as usual, Hopes this info helps......... Thank you for your email to rob whiteman, i have been ask to reply.

A very vaque answer. What a shame :(

I managed to contact HO today, got generalised answer saying no decision is made yet u need to wait....But.....
How long .....?

Thanks for the welcome guys! :roll: :roll:

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:17 pm

cookies wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
cookies wrote:
@ Cookies

Thanks Oishola, your support is very valuable to me, I'm sure you will receive good news this week or the next! :X
Cookies!!!!!.............that's the spirit am talking about (Positive), the good news will spread across ALL the members on the forum. :D :D

Even though UKBA states they are trying to complete applications within 4 weeks from when biometrics is completed, I do not know how they will be dealing with my case as my current leave to remain will not expire until 24th June 2013 (do you think UKBA can grant further leave to commence before 24th June 2013 whilst current leave is still valid or they can issue it to commence from 24th June 2013 or they simply delay the grant until such period)?? what do you think?? :? :?
FLR(O) 2013

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:55 am

8 months and counting!!!!!

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:43 am

Time503 wrote:8 months and counting!!!!!
Me too. Today marks the 8th month. And just rang Home Office but told the same thing :cry:

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:41 am

Same here i feel soooooooooo stress, i felt like giving up. :(

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:42 am

lenn83 wrote:
Me too. Today marks the 8th month. And just rang Home Office but told the same thing :cry:

What did they say to u

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:48 am

sanny26 wrote:
lenn83 wrote:

What did they say to u
Sanny how can u give up? U have a good case moreover it's an extension u r going.
Keep ur head up and distract urself from the HO. I know it's difficult but trust me it will help!!