ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Max date by which one must reach UK after getting HSMP EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ns7
BANNED

Max date by which one must reach UK after getting HSMP EC

Post by ns7 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi,
My HSMP approval date was 21st Nov 2006. I got EC (HSMP visa) on 26th Feb 2007 (Valid till 26 Feb 2009).
Initially I planned for April (I filled my arrival date in VAF1 as 6th April 2007) but somehow my travel is delayed.
Please let me know the maximum date by which I must reach UK.
Thanks & Regards,
ns7

CHINN

Post by CHINN » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:59 pm

Hi,

You can arrive in UK before the expiry of your visa but to get your extension approved you should be able to score the required points, so make sure you can get those required points to fulfill to get the extension.

Chinn

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:40 am

If your EC is for 1 year you MUST have a job and start to work in the UK
during 4 months after getting EC.
If your EC is 2 years so you MUST have a job and start to work in the UK
during 12 months after getting EC.
If you are late you will not obtain extention.

ns7
BANNED

Post by ns7 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:17 pm

Actually I have seen following which is bit confusing:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 4241195847
"Diplomatic Service Procedures - Entry clearance Volume 1 - General instructions (13/12/05)
Chapter 8 - How to apply for an entry clearance: the process
8.17 Validity of visa
8.17 - Visas and Leave to Enter
... There are two significant dates on the entry clearance, the "effective" date and the "expiry" date. In most cases, the "effective" date will be the date on which the entry clearance is issued. However, some applicants may not intend or be able to travel to the UK immediately following their application and ECOs have discretion to defer the "effective" date for up to three months after entry clearance has been authorised. Therefore, to prevent unecessary applications for an extension of stay, ECOs should confirm an applicant's date of travel.
For applicants in long-term categories who are subject to either a qualifying period before applying for settlement, or to a limit on their total length of stay in the category (For instance work permit holder and their dependants, UK Ancestry, au pairs and Working Holidaymakers), leave to enter should begin on the date the plan to arrive in the UK (within the three month limit). This will ensure that the maximum leave to which they are entitled is given.

ns7
BANNED

Post by ns7 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:45 pm

I called BHC Delhi and I was told that as such there is no time limit but I should try to reach there asap. Same was confirmed when I sent an email.
But I don't want to take risk so I am planning to reach there before exhaustion of 3 months (after EC).

Regards,
ns7

moganlal

Post by moganlal » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:22 am

Hi,
some one clear my doubts pls....
As far as i know hsmp is given for initial period of 2 years. After that wont the EC be given for 2 years? does it differ to the initial hsmp period?
And I heard that now the EC rules have changed and it takes 4 weeks to get EC(after background check etc).
I'm working here in UK and If i go back to India to get EC how long would it take....4 weeks would be long but as some one said in the forum can they defer the effective date. This would harm my current job as I wont get leaves for such long duration. someone pls clarify.
many thanks,
Mogan