ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 entrepreneur visa duration

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rsrameshsunil

tier 1 entrepreneur visa duration

Post by rsrameshsunil » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Can someone who has got visa give the exact duration of the leave granted for people applying within UK...

I know the guidance says 3 years...is it exactly 3 years or 3 years and few months/days ?

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:09 pm

My question is if its exactly 3 years with no extra days/months....how can we claim completion of 3 years during extension or ILR application....

rajm2012

Post by rajm2012 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:21 am

rsrameshsunil wrote:My question is if its exactly 3 years with no extra days/months....how can we claim completion of 3 years during extension or ILR application....
3 years for people applying from within the UK
3 years + 3 months for people applying from outside the UK

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:48 am

rajm2012 wrote:
rsrameshsunil wrote:My question is if its exactly 3 years with no extra days/months....how can we claim completion of 3 years during extension or ILR application....

In that case, how can one claim accelerated route for settlement at the end of 3 years ? one of the requirement for this route is to complete 3 years fully under Tier 1 entrepreneur category.

if the person applies a few days before the visa expires he/she would not have completed 3 years and if he/she waits until it completes the visa would expire making him a overstayer.

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:48 pm

rsrameshsunil wrote:
rajm2012 wrote:

In that case, how can one claim accelerated route for settlement at the end of 3 years ? one of the requirement for this route is to complete 3 years fully under Tier 1 entrepreneur category.

if the person applies a few days before the visa expires he/she would not have completed 3 years and if he/she waits until it completes the visa would expire making him a overstayer.
any idea on this guys?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:26 am

You may normally apply for settlement no sooner than 28 days prior to the completion of your qualifying period and before your leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:31 am

rsrameshsunil wrote:
rsrameshsunil wrote:
rajm2012 wrote:

any idea on this guys?

dear dont think much...people applying within uk gets only 3 years leave with no extra days..

however when u apply for extension or ILR few days before ur leave expires...those few days will be covered with the duration of the process of your application...and till the time your application reaches home office and is put into process your three years would be completed....