ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query about wife ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ferryahmed82

Query about wife ILR

Post by ferryahmed82 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:58 am

Hi friends

I have a query about my wife's eligibilty for ILR.

I got Tier-1(General Migrant) visa on May 2009 (extended in 2012 till 28 June 2014), and my wife got her Tier 1 dependent visa on November 2009 and she came to UK on December 2009.

Since then we are living together with a baby born in 2011 in UK. In 2012 her visa also got extended till 28th June 2014 (same dates as me). My question is, can she apply for ILR with me as my dependent in May 2014 (when I'll complete my 5 years), or she has to wait until November 2014, as her dependent visa was stamped in November, and she'll complete her 5 years in November 2014?

Can we apply for ILR together or she has get another extension from June 2014 to Nov 2014?

Also, I am thinking of applying for ILR just for me and my wife, not for my son (2 years old, born here in UK), and thinking of applying for his passport straightaway when we'll get our ILR. Can I do that?

Any comments please?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Query about wife ILR

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:02 am

ferryahmed82 wrote:Hi friends

I got Tier-1(General Migrant) visa on May 2009 (extended in 2012 till 28 June 2014), and my wife got her Tier 1 dependent visa on November 2009 and she came to UK on December 2009.

Since then we are living together with a baby born in 2011 in UK. In 2012 her visa also got extended till 28th June 2014 (same dates as me). My question is, can she apply for ILR with me as my dependent in May 2014 (when I'll complete my 5 years), or she has to wait until November 2014, as her dependent visa was stamped in November, and she'll complete her 5 years in November 2014?

Can we apply for ILR together or she has get another extension from June 2014 to Nov 2014?

Also, I am thinking of applying for ILR just for me and my wife, not for my son (2 years old, born here in UK), and thinking of applying for his passport straightaway when we'll get our ILR. Can I do that?

Any comments please?
As she was a PBS dep prior to July 2012 she only has to complete two years not 5. Therefore, if she satisfies the other requirements she can apply for settlement with you.

When you have been granted ILR/Settlement you are entitled to register your Son as a British Citizen (form MN1) by virtue of section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act. After this is granted you can apply for the British Passport.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:20 am

D4109125 wrote:

Any comments please?
As she was a PBS dep prior to July 2012 she only has to complete two years not 5. Therefore, if she satisfies the other requirements she can apply for settlement with you.

When you have been granted ILR/Settlement you are entitled to register your Son as a British Citizen (form MN1) by virtue of section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act. After this is granted you can apply for the British Passport.
Thanks for the reply Amber

could you also tell me one thing, that my son's current visa is also expiring on 28th June 2014. So, if I don't get my ILR sorted before 28th June (which I know definitely won't), so will that make my son an overstayer or illegal?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:22 am

ferryahmed82 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Any comments please?

Thanks for the reply Amber

could you also tell me one thing, that my son's current visa is also expiring on 28th June 2014. So, if I don't get my ILR sorted before 28th June (which I know definitely won't), so will that make my son an overstayer or illegal?
No, it doesn't matter about your son's immigration status for his registration.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dubeyv
Newly Registered

Post by dubeyv » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:41 pm

I just want some one senior to clarify this .. I understand that if you are in the country in legal status and your child is born you can apply for his registration as BC once parents are settled but not sure this to be true under these circumstances.

(1) If the child ever got a dependant visa and parents are still not settled..

(2) Child has gone out of the country using this dependant visa and has returned back to UK.

So my questions is if you have ever taken a dependant visa of your parents (for children under 18), how come you are not overstayer when you dont apply for the visa extension or ILR when your parents are applying. Which section it says that you are not overstayer or says you are eligible to apply for BC..

Though I agree that if you never made any passport of that child or the child never travels outside UK he is elligible for MN1 form BC registration as HO never thought that through.. .
Any comments ?

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:29 am

seniors....any comments on what dubeyv has said?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:02 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:09 am

dubeyv wrote:Which section ... says you are eligible to apply for BC..
D4109125 wrote:When you have been granted ILR/Settlement you are entitled to register your Son as a British Citizen (form MN1) by virtue of section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:50 am

Thanks Vinny

dubeyv
Newly Registered

Post by dubeyv » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:20 pm

Hi Vinny and other gurus

Would you like to comment on this please, this is confusing

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... requirment

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:19 pm

dubeyv wrote:Hi Vinny and other gurus

Would you like to comment on this please, this is confusing

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... requirment
It's irrelevant if the child is an over stayer, for the purpose of his/her entitlement to register as British. The article you linked is precautionary, in case the child is not registered and grows up as an illegal I suspect.