ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint account with British national

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashk
Newly Registered

Joint account with British national

Post by ashk » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:06 am

Hi.
I am going to apply for tier 1 entrepreneur visa by this month. I was about to show £50,000 in the friends account and show him as my third party but bank is refusing to provide the letter as per the guidelines. I am thinking if I open a joint account with him would that make a difference so that I don't have to provide the bank letter. Even after opening a joint account would he still remain my third party. Does that mean I have to get a letter from the bank. Money is in UK account and my friend is a British national
Thanks

rsrameshsunil

Re: Joint account with British national

Post by rsrameshsunil » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:59 am

ashk wrote:Hi.
I am going to apply for tier 1 entrepreneur visa by this month. I was about to show £50,000 in the friends account and show him as my third party but bank is refusing to provide the letter as per the guidelines. I am thinking if I open a joint account with him would that make a difference so that I don't have to provide the bank letter. Even after opening a joint account would he still remain my third party. Does that mean I have to get a letter from the bank. Money is in UK account and my friend is a British national
Thanks
Submit the following and you will be 100% fine and safe:

1. Open a joint account with your friend.

2. Obtain a normal balance confirmation letter. (It will state your name and your friends name as it is a joint account)

3. Obtain a declaration from your friend that he is giving you full access to all the funds in the above account as a joint holder. (Note this is different from third party declaration)

4. A Third Party declaration as per the policy guidance.

5. A legal representative letter as per the guidance.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: Joint account with British national

Post by rehan01 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Yes you will still need declaration even I applied as team and we had funds in joint account and I never submitted any declaration with initial application but later I had declaration done and submitted as additional document.

Hope it help

Regards
ashk wrote:Hi.
Thanks