ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

life in the uk test (need some help)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zabizabi

life in the uk test (need some help)

Post by zabizabi » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:08 pm

hi,
i recently changed my address.i am trying to book my test soon.my proof of address is the old one.do i need to use my old address as my proof or i need to wait and change my address first.time is very important in my case. :?:

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:23 pm

Better would be to use your recent updated address otherwise can redirect your post via royal mail which will deliver your old post to your new address.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:38 pm

Sorry, can not answer on which address you should use but Post office's redirection service cost a little (around £50/year) but i think there is more advantages to avail. I would personally recommend to avail the serivce regardless.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:01 am

Sorry i did not read your question properly earlier.
I booked my test and changed address after two weeks, so i took documents of previous address as a proof as i could not get anything to show as a proof for new address for such a short time and it was accepted.
Remember, the post code you show for proof will be shown on your result card.

See link below my original thread on topic

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Let me know your thoughts & experience
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:07 am

I don't think they post anything regarding test. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Don't they handover the result card and pass certificate in the TEST centre just after the test?

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:09 am

ferryahmed82 wrote:I don't think they post anything regarding test. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Don't they handover the result card and pass certificate in the TEST centre just after the test?
Yes nothing is posted to your address. You get your results in your hand, like during the Last Judgement.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:30 pm

Correct, nothing is posted re Life in UK test result card. Result is given then and there.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:40 pm

ferryahmed82 wrote:I don't think they post anything regarding test. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Don't worry results are not posted to your home address. Few days before the Test they will send you a reminder E-Mail,regarding the Test.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .