ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused on Stupid grounds - Bank Letter

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WelcomeToAll
Newly Registered

Refused on Stupid grounds - Bank Letter

Post by WelcomeToAll » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:55 am

HI all,
Me and my team member applied on 12/12/12 for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa using third party funding (from my uncle). We submitted all the documents in line with the UKBA policy guidance.
For third party funding, we had provided a declaration from third party that the funds are availalble to us, a letter from legal representative confirming the validity of the declaration, and a bank letter + bank statement.

Before applying, me and my uncle requested the letter from bank (which is in UK) in a specified format as required by the UKBA, but the bank refused to issue any such letter stating that they are not allowed by their bank policy to issue such letter. We insisted that it is not our demand, it is the UKBA requirement, how you can't issue such letter. The bank replied that they are not bound by the rules and regulations of UKBA, we follow our own banking rules and regulations. The bank said 'We can issue you a recent bank statement which will confirm the availability of funds. The bank statement already has your name and details (i.e.. my Uncle details) and we can only provide a letter in our own format which will include only the account holder name and funds available.' The bank emphasised that you are not the only one requesting this letter; we have provided similar letters to other applicants which were accepted by UKBA. The bank representative also attached her contact details (card) with the letter and told that if the UKBA need any information they should contact me.

Then I contacted to the UKBA and explained the whole situation that the bank is not providing me a letter as specified by you. What should I do know. Because I am in trouble, you need letter in your own specified format and the bank says that we are not bound by the UKBA requirement, I am stuck in the middle. I told UKBA that before making such rules you should have to confirm first from other organisations that we are making such requirements and you should have to follow it. If the organisations say 'Ok' then you should proceed and if they say 'No' then you should not make any such rules which are not practicable.

The UKBA advisor told me if the bank does not provide you letter in the specified format then the one they are providing is also sufficient and further suggested that clarify this situation in your covering letter to UKBA.

I did the same as advised by the UKBA and mentioned if you need any help or information please do not hesitate to contact me.

After all these struggles and troubles we got refusal today on the basis that 'the bank letter is not acceptable because it does not state your name and the name of your entrepreneurial team partner, and confirm the amount of money being available to you and your team partner from the third party's funds.'

Now I have to challenge the decision, and it will waste my time and money again without any reason.

If any one has the same situation or has any information or advice which can help me please share here.

Thanks
Last edited by WelcomeToAll on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Re: Refused on Stupid grounds

Post by KickAss » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:11 am

WelcomeToAll wrote:HI all,
Me and my team member applied on 12/12/12 for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa using third party funding (from my uncle). We submitted all the documents in line with the UKBA policy guidance.
For third party funding, we had provided a declaration from third party that the funds are availalble to us, a letter from legal representative confirming the validity of the declaration, and a bank letter + bank statement.

Before applying, me and my uncle requested the letter from bank (which is in UK) in a specified format as required by the UKBA, but the bank refused to issue any such letter stating that they are not allowed by their bank policy to issue such letter. We insisted that it is not our demand, it is the UKBA requirement, how you can't issue such letter. The bank replied that they are not bound by the rules and regulations of UKBA, we follow our own banking rules and regulations. The bank said 'We can issue you a recent bank statement which will confirm the availability of funds. The bank statement already has your name and details (i.e.. my Uncle details) and we can only provide a letter in our own format which will include only the account holder name and funds available.' The bank emphasised that you are not the only one requesting this letter; we have provided similar letters to other applicants which were accepted by UKBA. The bank representative also attached her contact details (card) with the letter and told that if the UKBA need any information they should contact me.

Then I contacted to the UKBA and explained the whole situation that the bank is not providing me a letter as specified by you. What should I do know. Because I am in trouble, you need letter in your own specified format and the bank says that we are not bound by the UKBA requirement, I am stuck in the middle. I told UKBA that before making such rules you should have to confirm first from other organisations that we are making such requirements and you should have to follow it. If the organisations say 'Ok' then you should proceed and if they say 'No' then you should not make any such rules which are not practicable.

The UKBA advisor told me if the bank does not provide you letter in the specified format then the one they are providing is also sufficient and further suggested that clarify this situation in your covering letter to UKBA.

I did the same as advised by the UKBA and mentioned if you need any help or information please do not hesitate to contact me.

After all these struggles and troubles we got refusal today on the basis that 'the bank letter is not acceptable because it does not state your name and the name of your entrepreneurial team partner, and confirm the amount of money being available to you and your team partner from the third party's funds.'

Now I have to challenge the decision, and it will waste my time and money again without any reason.

If any one has the same situation or has any information or advice which can help me please share here.

Thanks
One rule of thumb !
If some one says anything that yes its ok and all is good. then always take it in writing.

Now your situation
When you had a talk with concerned person at UKBA, Did you had it on phone or via email ?
IF not on email
Do you have the contact name and number of that person ?
If not
Try the same route again explain them exactly what has happened and then ask them what to do ? This time try getting persons email address contact details and if possible get it in email.

if you have email/contact details then you can contact the same person directly explaining what you did was as per his/her suggestions and ask for his/her advice.

I wont suggest you to go for reapply now as it doesn't make any sense, however, based on outcome of your call, illl might be able to suggest what all options you have.

gardazi76

Post by gardazi76 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:30 pm

helllo

huys i heard in one of the thread that this issue been raised at the court and judge told ukba to re consider the applications for those

i know this is stupid but i can go and appeal hope fully this thing will be sorted in mean while plus shit ukba make rules of there own which they dont see what other do yes bank in pakistan or any other place they use to issue the letter they got old format and they were expected by home office beofre only problem in ukba not any bank

even they are stupid even bank in this counrty they dont issue a letter like that what they except fro other country banks

even i managed to make the letter the way they want on the bank letter head but i forgot to mentioned that my bank is regulated by state bank lets see what they do with my application

and now bank dont issue the letter as ukba want

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:02 pm

gardazi76 wrote:helllo

huys i heard in one of the thread that this issue been raised at the court and judge told ukba to re consider the applications for those
sorry for being lazy. could you please help me with the link regarding the above. Since this is not personal case anymore and has become more of a general issue, any references regarding the above can actually benefit many people who have been refused under this grounds. Enabling them to make a reconsideration request to the UKBA by refering to judgement.

gardazi76

Post by gardazi76 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:30 pm

I have to search again for it will put it in few hours

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: Refused on Stupid grounds

Post by rehan01 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Appeal and that's it I know it will take time and also waste of money but I guess no choice apart from that.

Gud luck

Regards
WelcomeToAll wrote:HI all,

Thanks

WelcomeToAll
Newly Registered

Post by WelcomeToAll » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Yes, I have the UKBA advisor name, date and time of call. As these calls are recorded so it can be traced.

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:28 pm

WelcomeToAll wrote:Yes, I have the UKBA advisor name, date and time of call. As these calls are recorded so it can be traced.

Sorry about your refusal. Go in appeal straightaway despite the fact that there will be a next queue for you,but you don't have any second choice rather than to reapply where you will still face the same problem.It was better to have an email or letter from the bank complaint/customer service regarding the issue or had received the advice from the UKBA through email and could have attached them with your application.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

MNaveedonline

Post by MNaveedonline » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Mr Legal wrote:
WelcomeToAll wrote:Yes, I have the UKBA advisor name, date and time of call. As these calls are recorded so it can be traced.

Sorry about your refusal. Go in appeal straightaway despite the fact that there will be a next queue for you,but you don't have any second choice rather than to reapply where you will still face the same problem.It was better to have an email or letter from the bank complaint/customer service regarding the issue or had received the advice from the UKBA through email and could have attached them with your application.
HI. What's happen if applicant wins the appeal. will Home office issue visa straight way immediately and they ask again new documents like (Bank Statement, Third Party Declaration etc)

WelcomeToAll
Newly Registered

Post by WelcomeToAll » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:07 am

Depends on the case, they may request before the decision i.e during the case process, otherwise once you win the case and the home office does not challenge again they will issue you visa without any further request for documents.

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:31 am

MNaveedonline wrote:
Mr Legal wrote:

HI. What's happen if applicant wins the appeal. will Home office issue visa straight way immediately and they ask again new documents like (Bank Statement, Third Party Declaration etc)
If you win the case, your judge will conclude their refusal decision as "unlawful" and the judge will ask UKBA to make a new decision "lawfully". The new decision may be anything. But it cannot be the same as refused initially.