ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa success!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZD

Spouse visa success!

Post by ZD » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:57 pm

Dear all,

My wife finally received her passport with a spouse visa approved! This is great news! I was amazed at the turn around time. I applied on the 27th March 2007 via Gerry’s Fedex in Karachi, and on 13th APR 2007 her Spouse Visa was granted. Words cannot express the thanks towards the users who have helped me given my cmoplex situation.

I have learned two valuable lessons through out my ordeal:

1- Evidence. Provide as much evidence as possible; too much is acceptable, whereas too little is dangerous. I provided more than the basic requirments, for example, 3 years worth of payslips/P60/Bank statements.

2- State the truth. No matter how absurd your case, speaking the truth will contribute valuable substance to your application. My wife made a few mistakes on her form and during her interview she was asked whether any mistakes were made and my wife explained accordingly. The ECO’s response was a simple ‘Thank you’.

Once again I wish to thank you all for you help. I hope one day my experiences can be of valuable help on this forum.

Thanks again!

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:50 pm

WOW that was less than a month! Well done!

Still waiting for news on my wifes - applied FEB 21st IN ISB.

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:16 pm

Congrats!! thats really really fast
i hope the rest of us get ours just as quickly. i applied for my visa today btw (fingers crossed)

pawan_atl
Newly Registered

is any medical certificate reqd for spouse visa (indian)?

Post by pawan_atl » Wed May 02, 2007 9:46 am

Hi,
My wife's spouse/dependent visa was cleared last week in Delhi. Now she is planning to come here to join me in London (I work here). Does she needs to get any medical test done which would be required at Heathrow?? I am not sure if any tests are really required. The British Embassy did not ask her to get any medical test done. They just issued her the visa.

Please advice.

Regards
P. Mirchandani

ZD

Post by ZD » Sat May 05, 2007 12:41 pm

Hi Pawan, my wife had to take the TB tests before submitting her application in Pakistan. Applicants from India may require a different set of documents. I think its best to call the BHC in India and confirm. I know it is possible to take the test at Heathrow but your wife will not be allowed to pass immigration unless her medical passes.

Thanks!