ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Dilemma

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

New Dilemma

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:53 am

Last edited by OLUMUYIWA on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:54 am

The 3 months rule is hardly enforced and to be honest it's even more difficult in a country like Ireland who does not have a registration system.

So long you or your spouse won't be drawing on any benefit from the state nobody will bother you about the 3 months rule. Is there a particular reason you will want the authorities to be aware of your presence? It wouldn't make any difference bar your 4EUFAM application.

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:28 am

Ask your wife to apply for PPS number.

Diomond

Re: NEW DILLEMMA ...

Post by Diomond » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:25 pm

OLUMUYIWA wrote:My wife is a UK citizen and we just arrived in Ireland from UK . As we drove in to Dublin from Belfast , we dont have any proof that we have just arrived in Ireland ..no burden pass,no immigration stamps etc .

We will soon be putting in an application for EUFAM4, and i know that my UK partner does not have to exercise any treaty rights for the first 3 months of arrival .

My problem is - is there any other way we can prove that we only just arrived in the country ?
Someone suggested my UK wife going to register with the garda is this a sort of thing expected of new arrivals ?

Thanks.
As El. said , apply both of you PPS numbers and bank accounts, Then that could be your proo to be in the state

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:43 pm

Only wife can apply for now until he s got his own residence card or letter from Justice to confirm his residential status together with his passport.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:58 pm

El shaddai wrote:Only wife can apply for now until he s got his own residence card or letter from Justice to confirm his residential status together with his passport.
He can get as well, As i am saying on my own experience. I got mine without anything, Only letter from my landlord confirming we living there , and a gas bill on his name,,,

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Thank you all for your contributions.
We have decided to apply for PPS No and Bank account tomorrow .

@ Diamond , may i ask you a few questions please if you dont mind ...

1. What did you include in your Residence Card (EU1) application as evidence of residence in ireland ? Is it the same letter from Landlord plus the bill in Landlord's name ...or was your Landlord able to register you with PTRB ?

2. How lond did it take for them to issue your PPS number from the date of application ?

3. Can you advise which of the banks accepted landlord's letter plus bill in Landlord's name ?

Thanks a lot .

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:20 pm

OLUMUYIWA wrote:Thank you all for your contributions.
We have decided to apply for PPS No and Bank account tomorrow .

@ Diamond , may i ask you a few questions please if you dont mind ...

1. What did you include in your Residence Card (EU1) application as evidence of residence in ireland ? Is it the same letter from Landlord plus the bill in Landlord's name ...or was your Landlord able to register you with PTRB ?

2. How lond did it take for them to issue your PPS number from the date of application ?

3. Can you advise which of the banks accepted landlord's letter plus bill in Landlord's name ?

Thanks a lot .
Yes i had submitted the same letter from landlord and his bills , and a covering letter that he cant provide us PRTB letters, 2.After going for PPS , it took 3 days to reach to us,,3> Bank of Ireland accepts letter from the PPS , You hv to get ur PPS first.
Good luck

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Can you please keep us inform how the PPS application goes.

Good luck

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:06 pm

@ Diamond,

For EU1 RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION,(i am not talking about PPSN application) you mean you submitted a letter from landlord and bills in Landlord's name , and a covering letter that he cant provide you with PRTB letter ???

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:09 pm

OLUMUYIWA wrote:@ Diamond,

For EU1 RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION, you mean you submitted a letter from landlord and bills in Landlord's name , and a covering letter that he cant provide you with PRTB letter ???
Yes, tht wont be a problem. Just be honest and tell them what ever is happening ,you wil be fine
good luck